Sony Contest - Love Marriage ya Arranged Marriage!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

This contest should be fun - since everybody has an opinion on this one! Smile

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=59

More kindles and vouchers up for grabs - not to mention hampers for every valid entry. Good luck!

Update for those with issues redeeming the vouchers

To redeem your voucher sent to you please follow these steps below.

1.       Visit www.snapdeal.com/gift-voucher/redeem & create an account if you don't have one. Sign in if you have one already. 

2.       Enter Gift Voucher Code you received by email we sent across.

3.       Above process will upload the Voucher Value (Snapdeal Cash) in to the user’s Snapdeal account

4.       Sign out & sign in again

5.       Click on “My Account” to see and use available cash.

6.       Check your account balance by clicking on drop down box (on the top) next to your name (My Account), click on Account info -> My SD Cash.

There seem to be issues with creating accounts on snapdeal website. To do that clear the cache/cookies etc. in your browser or try another browser.

Replies 41 to 60 of 252 Descending
Pallavi Vilas Kamat
Pallavi Vilas Kamat
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Dear Indiblogger, please consider my blog as well posted under Social Causes or tell me how do I change the settings?

vinisha
from chennai
11 years ago

@pallavi- you can't delete the post once submitted in indiblogger - but you can do one thing ,which is copy your post and paste it in your blog again and publish it   -so blogspot will give a new address to your post -and now delete the previous post which is already in your blog and now you submit the same post with a new address under love ya arrange marraige contest -i think you will be able to submitt it coz now your post have diffrent address

Gautam Maitra
Gautam Maitra
from Ahmedabad
11 years ago

what is better for a society - arranged divorce  or love divorce ....why there is no spate of arranged divorce as much as arranged marriages in India !! i will dug in though the theme has no debate value now in the beginning of 21st century ...at least for the indiblogger community girls and guys .....it would be an issue still in illiterate India, it would still be a burning issue in castest racist hinterland where caste honour and family honour make love-lorn souls flee to save life or they land in a desolate place when they know they cannot fight it alone in such hostile job-less money-less world... they put a suicide note on the bed and drink the poison of life and die in each-others' embrace. We need to spreas this messages to the rural belt  where cust-honour based marraige still rule the roast. This is my first reflection. I ma not sure whether I would be here to submit. For that, I have my cheers here for all the contesttants... make a new India through exploring love and dignity for other soul.

R-A-J
R-A-J
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Oh yes!!! Posted mine :)

Confused Soul
Confused Soul
from Navi Mumbai
11 years ago

This is a fun contest since evryone will have a take on this...It will shed light on the various aspects of love v/s arranged marriage :D

Thanks IB :)

Pallavi Vilas Kamat
Pallavi Vilas Kamat
from Mumbai
11 years ago

vinisha u are an angel Smile thanks so much for your suggestion!

vinisha
from chennai
11 years ago

:D :D pallavi your most welcome :) :)

Beautify
Beautify
from Mumbai
11 years ago

it indeed is an interesting topic - Love or arranged.

We have been hearing from our parents who vouch for arranged mariage posting their own examples how they have been happy since they listened to their parents and did not have too much expectations, and then how the young generation gives example of the unhappy arranged ones where the couple got married but they were so different from each other that they are living together for the sake of it, but are really not happy. Now is the debate really love or arranged marriage or should be getting married to the right person without rushing into things?

sweta tiwary
sweta tiwary
from bangalore
11 years ago

Very intresting Topic... One can go on and on for this topic...

Submitted my first entry for this contest today Smile

Ya interesting topic. So I have decided to take part in the Indi contest for the first time ever and submitted by first post :)

Rujuta Xavier
Rujuta Xavier
from Gandhinagar
11 years ago

Submitted my post amid severe writer's blog....

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Finally got an idea for this one - Doing a story in a series of posts again like my singer series. It won't be that long though. First part is up today. I think there will be at least 3 more to follow after this one.

Yatin Khurana
from delhi
11 years ago
hey was your singer series complete ....... 'coz I remember reading just two of 'em ....... !! you said it might be published or else up on there. idk what happened next
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I had taken it down desiring to write it as a book. But then that would require lot of efforts and my current professional commitments would not allow me that kind of time. Mean time I could not bear to keep it hidden from readers especially after princess and another friend requested to read it. So I put it up back again. 

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

By the way it was a complete story in 15 parts. Lots of people followed it to the end. It is my monumental work to date.

Yatin Khurana
from delhi
11 years ago

fine i'll complete it soon !!

Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

Wow , your singer series has inspired me man...I might come up with something similar I guess. Wink

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Thanks stephen. Glad to know I inspired. Do write. I am writing something smaller on the same lines now.

Yatin Khurana
from delhi
11 years ago
well I already wrote one inspired from your singer series and another great blogger (not on indi ) sir suresh ........ it's in my spoof sections ( though this one is a lot lot boring and worth a skip)
Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago
This is indeed a very good topic. Quite common but everyone has different views and would love to read them. Good luck participants!
Nevin Thomas
Nevin Thomas
from Kochi
11 years ago

While all this good I wish the next competition would be on extra terrestrial life or something like that. Maybe after life. Such topics would bring out the real creativity cause nobody knows anything about it. Was just joking. I've posted my work. This is the first time I'm pariticipating in a competition.PS: Anyone knows what the gift hamper is?

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

But my dear friend, the guys who hunt after UFO s do not have money to sponsor contests at Indiblogger. With creativity you can bring whatever you want into these contest posts itself. For example I have brought Greek Godesses into my post for this contest. I was thinking of bringing an alien earlier. Then changed my mind.

Nevin Thomas
Nevin Thomas
from Kochi
11 years ago

Ah yes. And most of us are indian bloggers anyway. We shouldn't have to worry about aliens. They always attack America.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Done with the second part of my story. Two more parts to go. So I still manage to keep my streak of continously submitting at least 2 posts for every contest.

Sanhita Baruah
Sanhita Baruah
from Guwahati
11 years ago

@fool: two posts for each? increasing the probability?  so chances are that you'r gonna win :)

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Nothing of that sort. If I get different ideas or I get a long story idea that can be told in a series of posts, I go for multiple posts. I hardly ever win anything.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

My first post is done! Smile

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Man! I got my post in just in time. I always try to get my posts in before you enter the frame. Once you, Saru Nabanitha et all are into the game, I stand no chance whatsoever of making it to the first page.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

And by the way, third part of my story is up. Hopefully in the next couple of days, the fourth and final part will be up as well.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Finally done with my complete story and posted my fourth and concluding part of the story.

Ghanchakkar
from Black Hole
11 years ago

It looks like we have a new winner for this contest .

Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

So will read all your stories for this contest in a strech. I actually like this concept of yours although I am used to writing short stories for contests Laughing

C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I have managed one entry in this contest just now to keep my record of attempting all contests! After reading yours though, it is tough to see any other entry being as interesting :)

Blogwati Gee
Blogwati Gee
from Mumbai
11 years ago

How do you guys manage multiple posts................I struggle with one :(

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

You know mine is actually a single story told in 4 parts to avoid too lengthy post which people will people will stay off from by merely looking at the size.

Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

Ahh! Same here Vinita :$

Mischief Manager
Mischief Manager
from Gandhinagar
11 years ago

hey guys. I had a question regarding this competition. Can I write a post, which is like a sequel to a post I have written earlier?It will be a new post, just the story would be carried forward from the past. 

Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

I think that shouldn't be a problem though..

Mischief Manager
from Gandhinagar
11 years ago

The previous post is already up and running in Indivine. So it would all fine??THough I would be placing link to the earlier post for the readers to know the story. 

LockSign in to reply to this thread