The Lakmé Diva Blogger Contest

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

It's raining Kindles at our latest contest, where every valid entry wins a special Lakme gift hamper. Fun in the sun, anyone? Smile

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=55

Replies 41 to 60 of 283 Descending
Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Kyra \k(y)-ra\ as a girl's name is pronounced KEER-ah. It is of Greek origin, and the meaning of Kyra is "lord". From the male name Kyros (see Kyrie), from the Persian and Egyptian word for "like Ra, the sun".

I like the 'like Ra' reference here... Ra-L on the beach for a romantic interlude. (L here is a shortened form for Lakme, guys)

Tikulli
from Delhi
11 years ago

:) I like this. This was the first thing I noticed when the name changed. Very apt. Interesting. 

Richa Sonpatki
Richa Sonpatki
from Mumbai
11 years ago

What is the gift hamper that every blog gets? If it is as good as the Dove gift hamper, that is certainly motivating enough to write for!

Exactly, Richa. The topic was so unusual but the hamper - assured, in this case - made me post. I now have a complete 'sponsored' post on my blog. It literally screams 'Lakme'! :D

Tikulli
from Delhi
11 years ago

I agree. :p though a kindle fire or a holiday would be just as fine :D Guess its time I posted too. 

Spending time with Krya..well, this time I wanna grab that Amazon Kindle Money mouth..I need one plzTongue out

But,this summer is too too HOT to enjoy a day out in Chennai  or pondy Yell if only my imagination paves wayUndecided.where do I like to travel????

zoooni
zoooni
from Bangalore
11 years ago

btw this every entry gets a prize is true coz i never recived my dove hamper !

Every "valid" entry will get a hamper.

If you had not recieved it earlier, you should have contacted the IB team. Never mind, participate in this, and you'll surely get one!Smile

Ashu
Ashu
from kolkata
11 years ago
ONE SILLY QUESTION-- HOW TO KNOW THE ENTRY IS VALID...DO THEY COMMUNICATE OR DO THEY REMOVE FROM BLOG LISTING!!! WHATS IT...

If your post is according to all the terms and conditions, then it is a valid post.

However, I don't think so that if it's an invalid post, they'll remove from IndiVine or contact you.

Raksha Kamat
Raksha Kamat
from Bangalore
11 years ago

This contest has changed. The name of the ficticious character has been changed from Elena to Kyra. 

SHould I change the name in my blog post? Indiblogger please advice.

Devika Mittal
Devika Mittal
from New Delhi
11 years ago

elena or kyra??

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Kyra

Okay stupid question time:

Since I'm a very accomplished blogger and storyteller, I hope to "win" the gift hampers. My question is what does it comprise of? Like cosmetics for my mom or cool stuff for me? 

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

What cool stuff can you get from lakme, dude? 

Foot in mouthValid point!! So I'm doing this for mom?!? Hmm...would be a good gift, I guess... Money mouthCool

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

The paradox about 'cool' stuff is that they make the right people 'hot'...! :)

@AP beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder...wish the same could be said about hotness... ;)

Akanksha Dureja
Akanksha Dureja
from New Delhi
11 years ago

When are the posts going live???

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Already 71 entriesSurprised

Tikulli
Tikulli
from Delhi
11 years ago

84 entries including mine :) Great going

Guys please read all of them to encourage the participants and leave your views on the post too. It helps in improment of writing skills. At least it does for me. 

Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

Thats quite true Tikuli

Ashu
Ashu
from kolkata
11 years ago

aaah finally submitted mine....this has been forwarded by one of my mate for inviting Kyra @Elena... whether qualifies for contest or not but she must look at my mate's sincerity.....

dear all experts do let me have yr words...

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
11 years ago

all the best ashu !

Vysakh Jayakrishnan
Vysakh Jayakrishnan
from Thrissur
11 years ago

There should have an option to post our entry here with out posting in our blog. What do you say? To interrupt the entire structure of a blog for a beauty(aka fun) contest doesn't seem appealing.

Tikulli
from Delhi
11 years ago

well I disagree. I feel that if you are so keen to participate then you should be willing to post it on blog , I don't see how it interrupts the structure of the blog. 

Vysakh Jayakrishnan
from Thrissur
11 years ago

because if you are a travel blogger who post about your journeys to the valleys of himalaya or the deserts of rajasthan, you can not suddenly come up with a pretty girl strolling on a beach. similarly, if you are a cookery blogger, you can not take her with you, who, from her appearances doesn't seem to have seen kitchen in her life. Like so.....

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

@Jayakumar - I fully agree. Most people who have niche blogs maintain a seperate personal blog for this purpose. Mine is a potpourri blog where I write just about anything. So for me it is no issue. But I try to write something that is fun to read for all rather than write some boring post promoting the sponsors objectives just to get prizes. 

Vysakh Jayakrishnan
from Thrissur
11 years ago

Exactly my friend. by the way, I read your blog. it was nice.

Raksha Kamat
Raksha Kamat
from Bangalore
11 years ago

TIkulli I wish there was a like button here like FB

Tikulli
from Delhi
11 years ago

:) Well Raksha thank you but I just say what's right. you want to participate , drool over the goodies , want them and do not want to "spoil" the flow of your blog , that's ridiculous . 

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Done with my post. After a long time going to run a contest with a single entry. Past 5 contests have been 2+ Had to write for this contest in order to adhere to the X-Men protocol. Or might have even missed it.

C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

You still have till 28th TF! Who knows? Another idea may pop into your headSmile I never thought I could write anything for this or for voda. Now I have written for both.

Antarik Anwesan
from New Delhi
11 years ago

Atleast you posted one. After all your Singer entries, I am sure you will be able to pull of more for this one as well. 

I still don't know what to write for this one. Even voda was put off till the last moment by me.

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Glad you adhered to our protocol tf!
DS
DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
So Kyra will hit the Indivine tomorrow.
Vajra
Vajra
from San Francisco
11 years ago

Atlaast I am done  with my post. Didn't expect I could write for this contest..But the thoughts I have written in my post inspired by this contest. Thank you Indi and Lakme...This is the first time I a writing kind of story..Hope it goes well and liked by everybody... All the gud luck to everybody......

DS
DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Ohk! Kyra has come from Greece to meet all of you. My post is up.
Afshan
Afshan
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Hello Indibloggers,

My post is also up. I too  thought I will give this contest a skip, but finally felt like writing some thing I suddenly rememberedLaughing Do let me know how ou feel about it

Thanks!

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
11 years ago

all the best 

zoooni
zoooni
from Bangalore
11 years ago

finally finally submitted my entry lolz! 

LockSign in to reply to this thread