Indibloggers outside India

Anjani
Anjani
from U.S.A.
14 years ago

Is it a paradox if we talk about Indibloggers outside India?

I am one of them and was wondering if following the paths of Delhi / Chennai / Blore indiblogger meets, can't we have indiblogger meets for indian bloggers living abroad?

After all we can't ignore the fact that more and more of us geeks are moving out of the country.

Share your thoughts on this guys.

Replies 41 to 51 of 51 Descending
Vasu
Vasu
from Basel, Switzerland
14 years ago

Nice idea Anjani.

Though I am guessing more of you are based in U.S / Canada, unlike someone like me based in Europe.

I would want to keep a tab on this and join some of your meetings if the plan works out fine..some of you guys write amazing stuff and it would be great to catch up anywhere!

Cheers!

Vasu

Bak Bak Queen
Bak Bak Queen
from Sharjah
14 years ago

I wouldn't mind meeting bloggers from UAE. It'll be really very nice to do so.

tys
from Sharjah
13 years ago

that makes 3...not enough for a meet , just enough for a trip to a pub. Shout out going to anyone else from UAE?

Kiran
Kiran
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

I am an IndiBlogger living in New Jersey, USA. Would love to meet fellow bloggers around here. An international meet sounds awesome though a challenge given the distances. Give me a buzz you east coast bloggers!

http://iLikeMyiPhone.com

Vasu
Vasu
from Basel, Switzerland
14 years ago

Anjani - that tip was very cool indeed. Thanks!

Anybody up for an indiblogger meet for folks in Europe? If at least 3-5 people express even the remotest of interets, I can try and co-ordinate :)

Cheers!

Vasu

Cryptic Clues
Cryptic Clues
from Gujarat
13 years ago

Hi, I have been a Johnny-come-lately to the world of blogging. 

I really think that there are deeper questions relating to ethnicity, dislocation and identity to be framed and answered in such a forum. I think some of the substantive answers that need to be opened for discussion are:

1. What does being an Indian blogger outside of Indian geography mean? What are the common threads that bind us together into being Indians, apart from the obvious genealogical roots? What are the dislocated identities, practices and discourses of such expat blogs?
  2. How can such identities be tied or untied to unleash wider virtual creativity among the expat bloggers?
  3. Is there a us and them in this?
  4. I think some analysis on the topics that expats choose to write on compared to what non-expats/residents choose to write about, might be useful!
  5. Plus, can we find convergences between us? Is there scope for representation of our ethos/values in such expat migration?
  6. Within India, discussing displacement remains integral to our understanding of social justice: can there be a global network of expats and dislocated Indians into meaningful search for justice?

Some questions to ponder over, at such a wonderfully dislocated meet. Hope I could be there, to watch, observe, learn and write.

By the by, I blog at musings from the margins.

Naveen
Naveen
from Bengaluru
13 years ago

Nice thoughts but i guess there are not going to many bloggers in China since blogging is blocked in China. So for rest of the world, good lucks.

PARIMITA
PARIMITA
from Kuwait,Guwahati,India
13 years ago

Good idea.....I stay in Kuwait but would like to attend a meet if organized sumwhere in Middle East....

PARIMITA

http://mytravelsmyexperiences.blogspot.com

Abhinav
Abhinav
from Osaka city/Japan
13 years ago

Anyone in Japan?

I am in Osaka, and will like to meet people around in blogging field.

Give me a buzz.

Build Muscle Burn Fat

purushottam kulkarni
purushottam kulkarni
from Pune
13 years ago

I think It is better to arrange ONLINE bloggers meet so that we can disscuss the issues online in person. Cool

http://savadhan.wordpress.com

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

bloggers meet is awesome! and it has to be in person man! really! its AWEHSOME!

purushottam kulkarni
purushottam kulkarni
from Pune
13 years ago

My dear friend Addy

Do you know just now in the first week of  June 2010 we have world wide online Marathi bloggers meet named as SHABDABANDH !. Online meet is also a wonderful experience. Do you know ? Only we have to use technology ! We have technocrats , then nothing is imposible . A will will find a way.That's all !!

LockSign in to reply to this thread