What Does Your Profile Picture Say?!

Hello dear Indibloggers!

The profile picture we use is like a window to our blog.  But most of times, we are not bothered about it.   Resultantly, it affects our blog traffic.

Sometimes, we are interested to check out a blog because it has an interesting picture, and at times, we don't feel interested to see one, as the picture itself is not interesting.

For the New bloggers, especially its important that you put a profile picture that best tells about that aspect of your personality about which you are writing in the blog.

I have seen many many such blogs, where the profile pic suggested something else, and it comes out to be something else. I cannot take any names here!

The worst can be putting the pic of a girl when u r a male blogger!

I wrote an article in my blog and its on Indivine too (same title as the title of this thread), and gave a detailed analysis of why people choose the kind of pics they choose for their blogs. ( If Renie allows me, i can put a link here!).

Since, nobody seems to have a problem, here's link http://myworldmyperception.blogspot.com/2010/07/what-does-your-profile-picture-say.html

What do you think about it? Why did you choose your current profile pic?

Would you like me to comment on your profile pics? and comment on whether it goes well with the content of your blog or not?

Restless

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: adding a link
Replies 41 to 54 of 54 Descending
Ranj
Ranj
from Bukit Mertajam
13 years ago

Dear Restless....how about mine? got anything to tell?Cool

Hi ranjini! yeah have been to ur blog girl! and u r also using a front profile pic, its pretty and its straightforward like ur blog! keep it up!

RESTLESS

Mehak
Mehak
from New Delhi
13 years ago

Hmm, inevitably profile pics are all that you can view when you see  someone follower list or their comments, so if that picture tells you something of that person and that blog , then it automatically draws you to their blog. My profile pic is just me in it but i try not to change it often...

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

gud thing.... Wink

Hey Mehak! am glad to know u think like me and many more bloggers here!

btw, due to some tech issue, was not able to see ur blog, not opening. but i like the name, and the topic of your blog! great! haven't seen any on this aspect! and dear u must must add a pic here to get attention of other bloggers, pl do it.

RESTLESS

Mag[m]
Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

Hey restless.... i changed ma pic.... now what it says.... this time it doesnt look like insaneSurprised

Hahaha! hey i was just kidding, dont mind !

but why a girl??????? why Mag? what did i write in the description of this thread? read it na!

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

just aawwweee... she is cute pretty nice awesome.....

of course, she is! but Mag dear this is misleading!

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

ok as u (perfect pic reader) say ..... i will change it today....

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

Surprised

Good Mag! am happy now!Smile

Abhinav
Abhinav
from Chennai
13 years ago

what do you think abt mine restless? And also my latest post is a humorous attempt on the topic of profiles in orkut! check it out too!

Ranj
from Bukit Mertajam
13 years ago

Hi Abhinav, humour post and comical profile picture...NiceCool

@ abhinav - sure will see that.

@ Ranjini - check previous thread, have replied to ur query also.

take care.

RESTLESS

Sangeeta Iyer
Sangeeta Iyer
from Mumbai
13 years ago

and what does my DP say?

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

if only pic is concerned its a nice oneLaughing

Shinjini Mehrotra
Shinjini Mehrotra
from Gurgaon
13 years ago

Interesting topic! I chose my profile pic 'cause I didn't want to use my own pic...but at the same time, I wanted something a lil artistic. What do you think about it?

http://peddlerofdreams.wordpress.com/

Bipul Islam
Bipul Islam
from Kolkata
13 years ago

well balanced analysis of what is what... BTW it's really a pain to see male bloggers putting up pic of a girl just expecting a increase in traffic!

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

hahahaha...

bt thats not true Bipul...

@ Bipul - quite right!

@ Deepak - wht is not true? ppl putting girl's pic for increasing traffic? or no increase of traffic due to girl's pic ?!

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

i ws talking about Mag... he is nt like dat ... put a pic of gal to increase traffic...

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

Thnxs deepak...u r a gemLaughing

@restless..... doesnt mean anything like that with ma DP..... BTW i changed itSmile 

I know Mag, this was not the case with u, but ppl think generally like that.

@ Mag - this pic is very nice!!

Well, I see 4-5 bloggers change their profile pics, for whatver reason, but it feels good to me!

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

@ restless... thnxs... any review for that...???Smile

Saurabh Shah
Saurabh Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hi, Restless!

Would you study my picture and give your valued comments, please?

Saurabh Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

one more point: this picture is the cropped version of my FB Gravatar

http://www.facebook.com/saurabhshah

Hi Saurabh!

Just saw ur blog and the full pic of yours. I would say u look chilled out and chatty in this pic! which is good, and goes well with your blog. saw both ur gujrati and english blogs.

RESTLESS

Aashish Sood
Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

Well mine is a formal pic and one that I use on most of the platforms... never really put too much thought into it... Cameras are slightly afraid of me and have been knwn to have decreased performance when around which must explain so many not-so-good pics of me lying around... Thats why I grabbed this one which was half decent... What do you say?

Aashish, earlier than this u had a pic in a formal business suit, i remember!  after putting it here, u have changed it to a informal one!

I know u write intersting things, little sarcastic on present issues, so i think, this one goes better. and btw, that one was toooo tooo formal!

RESTLESS

Unknown
Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

I have my face as profile picture..so that ppl know who is writing..and giving some scope to face readers also..

do u also analyse?

Unknown, i am no face reader! I only try to see whether the personality of the blog matches the profile pic or not.

U know what, ur endeavor for anonymity, kind of shows in your pic too. u name is 'unknown' and the pic, though shows ur face profile, but with sunglasses, kind of cover up. so ok, it matches!

RESTLESS

Sanjay Vedula
Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Honestly if you are a beautiful girl, having your own pic as profile pic would aid. For others, chill, nothing great is going to happen what ever you do.

Cheers! :P

Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

hehe :)

Sanjay, it's not about attracting traffic with a good face.

Sometimes, no pic or a non descript pic leaves a reader wondering, the reader is a male or a female! at least think about it.

RESTLESS

Mag! ur pics are changing again and again, and this one is also cool!

Vishwajeet
Vishwajeet
from Pune
13 years ago

Accept nothingFoot in mouthchallenge everythingCool

LockSign in to reply to this thread