IB of the Month May 2009 - Category Selection

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Let's all congratulate Kiran Manral for winning the April 2009 Award for best blog on Social Causes. Clap, clap! Smile

It's time to decide on a new category for next month - please post your suggestions!

Replies 41 to 60 of 65 Ascending
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Hmmm... how do we moderate humor?!

If moderators laughs (yes - approve) (no - reject) Undecided

Tiger
Tiger
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Let it be humour

Kiran Manral
Kiran Manral
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Adding my two cents, I would definitely enjoy reading some funny blogs after the seriousness of last months competition...so my vote goes for humour.

dream
dream
from pune
14 years ago

Congrats Kiran!!!!

Am game for Humour

ARJuna
ARJuna
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Since a few vacations are starting and some are coming to an end, why don't we focus on travel blogs?!?!

So congratulations to Kiran Manral,

And I vote for Travel.

http://worldofteenager.blogspot.com

Kiran Manral
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Thank you Arjuna

Santhosh P
Santhosh P
from Bangalore
14 years ago

On a second thought, was 'green' a subject ever for awards? if not i recommend that, because i've painted my blog green all over...

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

We could also make your url the subject Tongue out

Shankar
Shankar
from Chennai
14 years ago

Congrats kiran... Humor is my option... I like Humor blogs..Humor is a special virtue. Not every can be successful with humour... go for it.. http://ballat.blogspot.com

Kiran Manral
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Thank you Shankar...

Congrats Kiran. Congrats to all the nominees of April 2009 Award for best blog on Social Causes. All have their unique appeal.

Regarding the category, let there be fun after the serious category of the previous month.

Kiran Manral
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Thank you so much...

Savio Pereira
Savio Pereira
from Bangalore
14 years ago

I have recommended 'Public Health' issues or 'Education' issues. Regulatory issues are important.

Santhosh P
Santhosh P
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Humor as the subject is a not a good idea because its an excellent idea.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

hehe... that was humorus!

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

my two cents for Humor

Chriz
Chriz
from Chennai
14 years ago

wow.. Humor humor humor.. and i can particpate for it... has the time elapsed?

am i doing blogwhoring here? dunno a little bit about my page -

Chronicwriter is the name of my name.  Chronicwriter is the name of my blog name too. Chronicwriter is the first blogger in the world. Chronicwriter is a humor blogger. Chronicwriter was born on his birthday. Chronicwriter is a complete humor man-since 1982.

Chronicwriter used to conduct Top-secret nuclear experiments for exposing an undisclosed North eastern Antartican province and was on the verge of Vasectomizing a female python when he decided to focus on his blog instead.

If you want to attain nirvana, do visit Chronicwriter's page [sexy link]

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Blogwhoring?! Laughing

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

what does that mean?

Chriz
from Chennai
14 years ago

blog whoring is nothing but promoting your own blog url in many forums irrespective of what the topic is all about.

This present discussion was on choosing the right topic. I tried to talk about it and slowly i inserted my blog link too with an intention to make people read my page. This is blogwhoring. (Nothing unethical about it anyways)

Pushpa Moorjani
Pushpa Moorjani
from Mumbai
14 years ago

congrats Kiran....:)

Kiran Manral
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Pushpa: Thank you..

Prashant Dhanke
Prashant Dhanke
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Congrats Kiran. I support Humor :).

Kiran Manral
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Prashant: Thank you...

PN Subramanian
PN Subramanian
from Bhopal
14 years ago

किरण को शुभकामनायें. मनोरंजन तो होना ही चाहिए

Roshmi Sinha
Roshmi Sinha
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Congratulations Kiran... on winning a very well deserved award... !!!

Humour sounds good... I'm all for it!

Kiran Manral
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Roshmi: Thank you so much...

Congratulations Kiran.

I am voting for cartoons.

Kiran Manral
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Himanshu: Thank you...

Satya S. K.
Satya S. K.
from Bangalore
14 years ago

I'm a huge respecter of Indiahelps as well as huge fan of ThirtySixandCounting.Smile Congrats Kiran!

Renee, thanks for the last competition, I have learned so much about the good and great work people are doing. I will never forget the picture of the child's hands in the old person's hands (the orphanage to old age home trip)...

And lot of others. Everyday I would share with my family some of the Great Work that folks are doing.

I think humour is a good follow-up to social causes, we need a break from the serious..., 

Would it be good if we could vote "post- wise" and not blog wise and vote for more than one person? It would help the indecisive ones like myself. A little thumbs-up style feature?Satya

Kiran Manral
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Satya: Thanks, and honoured...

Vipul Grover
Vipul Grover
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

It will be suicidal 2 go against the tide.. so 'Humour' it should be.. though tht means um out of contention with only 2 posts 2 match d criteria:(

Bt in case it is not chosen, i'll go with "Autobiographical/personal" as the alternative category.

Nd yeah congrats Kiran.. guys read my post on the contest @ http://vipulgrover.blogspot.com/2009/06/indiblogger-of-month.html

(I can't miss a grand chance of cheap self-promotion;)

Kiran Manral
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Thanks Vipul and Congrats to you too! Just a small correction to your post, IH is not a NGO, its just a blog that was set up to help 26/11 victims and grew into a movement...

Vipul Grover
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

thnx kiran, thts very kind of u... anyways i hav made the required changes in my blog as far as Indiahelps description goes. All the best with ur work nd future endeavours too.

Vinod
Vinod
from Kollam
14 years ago

Congrats , Its a great moment to win "Kiran Manral "  Clap Clap from me too.

Humor is a good choice I support it. 

Kiran Manral
from Mumbai
14 years ago

*Bows*

LockSign in to reply to this thread