Google your Blog title!

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

What do you see when you key in your blog title in Google?

I did that yesterday and was quite pleasantly surprised to find out that the first result which directs to the home page of my blog showed up 8 sub results below it! (I think it’s a good sign for a site and was quite happy about it Cool).

From the total number of results on the search page, 4 were directly from my site. 2 were from connect.in and 1 from digg, bloglovin, addyourblog and wepostalot each. None from Indiblogger though Frown

Anyways, What about you? Have you tried googling your blog name ever? How many pages does the search result throw up from your site? How many from other sites and which sites are they? If you have never done that, do it right away and do Share the results Smile

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Minor edit
Replies 41 to 60 of 67 Descending
Vee
Vee
from Minneapolis
12 years ago

All the links except one are related to my blog when I search for "Psyche's Visage". Might be the advantage of using unusual words and their combination, given that my blog is neither popular nor does it generate too much of traffic.

Zephyr
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I agree with you. Look at Cybernag! It is not one of those money spinning ones getting 1000 or more hits and yet it is so popular so many pages downLaughing

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Good one Zephyr!!
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Loyal readers more than make up for the numbers!
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

True! Forget the hits, the search results speak for all the popularity you people have! Great work Smile

Vishal Kataria
Vishal Kataria
from Thane
12 years ago

My blog name does not show up easily. But my name shows my blogger, twitter and + links on the 1st page. Guess I need to change the headline name of my blog. Can anyone help?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

The problem is that your blog title and your domain name are different. Cahnging both of them to the same name might help.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Plus 1 Ranjith!
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

No, dont change the blog name just bacause its not showing up in results! I like the name and Ranjith also has a very valid point there :) Dont worry, I wish to see you here one day, saying that 'Yes, My blog name is finally showing up and whoa! as the first result itself!!! Smile I am sure that day is not far away... Good Luck, Vishal Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Nice advise there...
Vishal Kataria
Vishal Kataria
from Thane
12 years ago

Hmm... True... Think I'll have to work on that... Laughing

Tiger
Tiger
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Page 1

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thats really nice :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

That's good!

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Great!
Padmapriya T S
Padmapriya T S
from Chennai
12 years ago

three full pages on google with 6 subresults showing below my blogLaughing...unfortunately none from indiblogger!

Priya - Aalayam Kanden

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Same like mine! Finally someone to give me company, and who... A fellow traveler! Excellent Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thats great Padmapriya! Yes 6 sub results is a nice achievement:)
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@ Arti Travelers are having a field day!! Great Job:)
Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

1. When I googled 'passey'...I was at Position 1 and 3 on Page 1. There were other positions that went to my twitter and linkedin pages...

2. When I google 'The Real Fiction'...I was at Position 1 and 10 on Page 1. 

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Nice results :) since when are you blogging Sir?

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Good! Being on page one is great:)
R Saraswathan
R Saraswathan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

When I googled the words "My Musings Poetry" I was pleasantly surprised to see my blog in "First Position" out of 3 Million Similar Blogs  and what is more I found my Blog in "Show Case" put up by " http://www.indiantopblogs.com/". Thanks Arti for the suggestion!!

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thats an amazing result:) Congos. Keep blogging:)
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Most welcome, Saraswathan :) Nice results you have there :)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Whats indiantopblogs?
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

@DS, a blog directory, I think .

Padmapriya T S
Padmapriya T S
from Chennai
12 years ago

Thanks so much Arti and DS! Happy Blogging! Cheers Priya

Kristy Kumari
Kristy Kumari
from Amritsar
12 years ago

It's been 3 months since I last checked and here is what I've found. I didn't just google my name though. I googled some keywords so I'm listing those firstand my place on the first page.

While signed into my White Bhabi account using Firefox:

Searching for White Bhabi I'm still number 1 and all but 2 of the results on the page are for me. (Same result on Google Chrome signed into a different account.)

Searching for my real name which I've now come forward with - #4 on the list, appropriately tied into my blog and promotional FB account.

From a Google Chrome and signed into a differernt Google account my real name and info took up half the page. Little scary that I show up more for strangers than I do for my own account since I'm new with this real name disclosure thing. I also came up #7 on the list for just "bhabi" which is kinda good for promotional purposes.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Its good that the results for strangers are better... That means google search will give you huge traffic.
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Not sure whether you want the kind of audience who search 'bhabi'. The first result for Bhabi is the  'Savita Bhabhi' and the other ones are also on similar lines.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
You have just started promoting your blog, so thats a good start...
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago
My site is the first result for lucifer house inc. Others are some arbit ones. My site is also the first one for "Indian bride hunt" and for many of my unique sounding post titles.
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

indian bride hunt has like 14,400,000 results and being the first result for different search terms is great! :)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yes, that is an amazing result for your blog. You must be getting a lot of traffic for that search.
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yes, that must surely bring loads of traffic to your site... Any means by which we can check if that has backlinks??
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago
Interestingly my site gives first result for something very common like 'Revisiting the Mahatma'. That post which I published long back seems to be getting lot of traffic. Not able to find out where all the traffic is coming from as I published it when my blog was relatively unknown and I can't find any sites linking to it either.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Sometimes ignorance is bliss:)
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
You must have done something right @ the fool, for your older posts to be doing so well...
Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
12 years ago

I could see the first 8 pages showing my blog results

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thats good.
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yup, good. Share some details like which pages...
Stephen
from Raleigh
12 years ago

which pages like...please  clearly specify

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I meant to ask were they all from your blog, direct links or did they contain referrals from other sites too like Indiblogger, etc..

Vishal Kataria
Vishal Kataria
from Thane
12 years ago
Hurray! After changing my blog title, 4 of my articles show up on the 1st page of Google search. Thanks for all your help, guys... :)
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thank Arti for starting this topic!!
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
And congos:)
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Congrats Vishal:) This thread has been helpful in studying the Google Search results to a certain extent:) Thanks to all participants:)
Vishal Kataria
from Thane
12 years ago

Arti any tips you could offer on Search Engine Optimization for those whose blogs appear on the 2nd or 3rd pages of Google Search?

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Sorry Vishal, I dont know any.. SEO is beyond me Frown All i can say from my exp is I have done nothing spl except regularly updating my blog with unique content and it has helped... Smile

iChetan
iChetan
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Mine is second on the first page. The first hit is a twitter handle. *Envies him* because of him I need to have _iChetan_ as my handle instead of simple iChetan. 

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Oh! Second is not that bad too...
iChetan
iChetan
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Checked once again now and I've moved up.. first on the list. And that too two links. 

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Congos:) That was quick:)
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Congrats Chetan:) No. 1 is the best:)
NS
NS
from San Jose, California, USA
12 years ago

My blog doesnt appear.. :(

Guess thats because I've started it only 5 months ago and have written very sparcely. I am still learning the tricks of the trade!

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hey Neha,

Dont worry there, try to write more frequently and feed your blog regularly.. Google likes it that way.. just a matter of time, i guess.. Visibility might also depend on your niche, so keep blogging and it will be all good Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Ya, it takes time for Google to recognize your blog. Submit your blog to their directory.
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I wrote a review of a book called not totally unbelievable by Vibuthi Bhandarkar. Within a couple of hours, my review came up on the first page of the google search for the book title immedeately after the publisher's page, a couple of book selling sites and the suthor's face book page.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thats amazing @ The Fool. I read your review and also read the post at the authors blog... Really nice result.
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

That is one amazing result @The Fool! You are a writing genius, Good work Smile

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Update Tongue out

Since Sriram Vadlamani moved his Indianomics.com blog to asiancorrespondent.com (may be as a paid blogger, not very sure though) my Indianomics has over taken him to be on top. CNBC's Indianomics still rules, who can challenge the stigma of Moneycontrol.com, but I am happy to be trailing them. 

If you search Hemal Shah's Indianomics, which is my blog title, its obviously me on top and top 10 results are all linked to all my presences online. Hurray!

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@ Hemal Thats nice to hear :) Come on.. Overtake the others too, it shud not be that tough for such a senior blogger like you :P

Ya, but your blog title and url are different so that could pose a bit of problem... see, combining the two does give you the favoured results! So that's good :)

And Thanks for the update Tongue out

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thats great news Hemal :) Go for the 1st position now:)
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Arti Thank you very much! Well I am content with what I have now, not that i do not apsire to hit the top, but at present given that I am not giving enough time to my blog too, it just feels like I have reached where I deserved to... so happy about that.. about blog url, yeah may be that should help. but again I said, right now its good.

@DS thank you yaar! No 1. needs more clout and as I said above to Arti, i am happy with where I am today Cool

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Hemal thats again a positive attitude. Your blog progress is quite good as regards to updations as to what it was a few days/months back, so I am sure frward is the only direction for you as of now at least, Good luck, I am sure it would improve in the coming months :)

And do keep updating Tongue out

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
You will get there! Your clout is no less:)
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
So you changed your name Hemal!! That helps, doesnt it ;-)
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I hope it does DS. that is why it will remain this way for about 3 months to come before I change it back! It is a test on how things do change for me. 

@arti @DS thank you for the inspiring words! it does mean to me... 

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
What do you feel, changing the name here helps @ Hemal?? Like in search or Seo etc...
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hey @What shoud I call you.. Hemal or indiano.. ?,

You have done this name change for this?? Brilliant idea, i must say but are you sure?

Hmmm, ok.. all the best with your experiments, i do hope it brings out favorable results for you. And if it does, we all will sure follow suit :)

And ya, anytime! i am always here for inspiring and getting inspired, both Smile

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@DS It would take at least 3 to 6 months to find that out. I am already seeing some results on the Google India. You can see my IndiBlogger profile here. http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=Indianomics&meta

But at the same time, its not that prominent on Google.com site (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Indianomics&meta - some wont be able to access this from India). The only promotion I am doing is via IndiBlogger and I am yet to start contributing to other media which has effect on the global search status.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@arti call me Hemal.. I am sure almost everyone who is here knows me.. Tongue outexcept for the new guys.. Foot in mouth

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@arti call me Hemal.. I am sure almost everyone who is here knows me.. Tongue outexcept for the new guys.. Foot in mouth

Sure, as of now it looks promising. But it is for experiment only, and hence not planning to keep it this way for long run. will be back to Hemal Shah soon Cool

I am sure we all can follow if this is successful..

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Lets wait and watch then, what comes out of this experiment...
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Ok, ok.. Enough of bragging Hemal sir :P And ya, finish with the experiment and get back to Hemal Shah soon!
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
So I have an update for you! indianomics is still trailing Moneycontrol on google search results, but key word "Hemal Shah" has taken a beating on Google.com search. On Google.co.in, key word "Hemal Shah" still rules. Now next step is to re-work on some things and try to figure out which are the key words that I shud work towards. Ignore my IndiMail. ;) i found this thread.
Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

My thread about copyright free images, visible on search (I saw it, I thought kahi suna suna sa lagta hai....)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Haha:) Good one Mohini:)
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

haan, woh kaise visible nahi hoga ;) It is one of the best threads here, after all :)

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
12 years ago

First ! :) Now with better Alexa Rank, some SEO and lots of love from you all, the whole first page shows results from either my blog or twitter or FB 

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thats amazing Purnendu:)
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
WOW! :-) Cant say for alexa and stuff, but the love will always be there, guarantee! All the best! :-)

LockSign in to reply to this thread