Dove Contest: Beautiful Ends to your Beautiful Braids!

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Here is a contest on IndiBlogger after a gap of almost two months! Presented by Dove, the title is 'Beautiful Ends to your Beautiful Braids!'

Tell us your story about the good old days, when you loved to make beautiful braids with your hair, and how your braids have beautiful ends once again.

The prizes are also great- as usual there is a laptop and for a change, this time they have introduced cameras as one of the prizes! Smile

Edited 11 years ago
Reason: link
Replies 41 to 60 of 75 Descending

I did not get the samples so for. However, I got the gift hamper for the earlier contest and used it and wrote the blog. Keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for the announcement of winners.

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Winners announced - congratulations to the winners, runners-up and a big thank-you to everyone who participated! Smile

Rock on, thanks tonns

Nisha
Nisha
from Lucknow
10 years ago

Thankyou, Indi! I'm super thrilled :))

Congo's nisha

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Congratulations to the winners! Smile

Now, what do I do with that voucher? Undecided

Priyanka Roy Banerjee
from Pune
10 years ago

Congratulations to all the winners! 

and Ranjith, pass your voucher to me! I missed even a voucher among a 100 odd people who received it. wonder how badly i wrote Cry

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

There is nothing like writing badly. It's only that the judge who would have liked your post wasn't one of those who picked the winners! Smile

And regarding passing the voucher to you, you need to pay me shipping charges of 50 dairy milk chocolates! Tongue out

And since the topic of transferring prizes has already cropped up, anyone who doesn't need that camera can give it to me. Undecided

Prasanna Rao
Prasanna Rao
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Yay! My name is in the runners-up list Laughing

Rayla Noel
Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
10 years ago

hey thanks .... :) congrats all... 

Congrats to the winners... :)

Not won anything again... had hopes... so a lil disappointed... :)

Congo's all, I too necked a spa voucher,  thanks tonns to the dove team

I hope they don't kick me out of spa

Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
10 years ago
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I hope they don't kick me out of spa

Why will they? Innocent

Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
10 years ago

'course they won't - Ranjith  !! Bloggers@Spa be some write up :)))

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

congrats Laughing

Becoz ranjith they would add taxes etc. And want around 2000 as luxury fee, I will not be paying single rupee even. And I will be demanding fare to and fro around 10k from them. they won't be kicking, god knows. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

PL, Make sure that you demand the travel charges of 10 k . I too will join you. You go to the spa and I will go to an electronics store with that 10k. Smile

I thought ranjith,  you would say, "you go in the spa, I will take the kicking

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Why would I ? Tongue out

Well, anything for a indi friend

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I'll give you a chocolate when we meet Smile but a big no for the kicks. Undecided

I fear the stick a lot and used to run away whenever some stupid teacher came towards me to beat! Frown

Physics teacher had pinched flesh outta my ear, and I have been thrashed on bums like hell, until the stcks broke, but stll nothing could go in my head

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Smile

Rayla Noel
Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
10 years ago

meet evryone at the Spa I guess ? :)

Hehehe, I too had similar thoughts. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Tongue out

Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Which SPA would it be?? Will it be in My City??

Congratulations to all the winners :)

100 spa ers can have indi spa meet, followed by chocolate cake treat by ranjith

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ PL Why only me? Undecided

Let Renie arrange the spa meet and you'll can take my voucher and have a mini treat ( each one would be getting a small chocolate worth Rs 12 ) with it if the spa agrees to exchange it for money. Tongue out

Becoz you love to distribute chocolates

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I like receiving chocolates much more than distributing them. Tongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

indi spa meet sounds fun...guess there should be one 

Fiery Onyx
Fiery Onyx
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I won this Spa voucher... which spa it would be...hope it is not somewhere where the minimum charges start from Rs 2000/- Tongue out

Will it be city specific?? and when we would get this voucher?

sweta tiwary
sweta tiwary
from bangalore
10 years ago

Congratulations to winners... !!

I have not even made it to the runner up list... what a shame, disappointed Frown

I think my luck is not in favour, still i am trying for every contest Foot in mouth

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

hey ! don't feel bad. It's not the last contest. 

when baazigar,DDLJ,KKHh,DTPH were getting hit, sallu kept wondering; now when wanted,ready dabang 1-2 are hit king khan is wondering.Wink

don't make it a prestige issue- it's just timing and the requirement of sponsorCool

try your best in oncoming contests.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

yeh its silly to get disheartened...just take them as fun contests and try harder next time...i'm sure there'll be many more

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

+1 Avadhoot 

@ Sweta I felt the same way as you after some IndiContest ( forgot the name - something to do with cooking ) which also had a large number of runner ups. 

Repeating what I said in a previous reply : It's only that the judge who would have liked your post wasn't one of those who picked the winners!

So keep smiling and all the best for the remaining six contests! Smile

P.S. I was expecting to win the camera so that I can shoot an IndiVideo with it! FrownUndecided

I hoped no.1 prize, and you all can see how much I lost.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

It's high time that all participants with valid entries be given a notebook / i pad! Undecided

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

@rio: taking part in a contest belonging to women's domain and getting a slice out of it,matters. there are less than 15 males only (by throwing glancy look).

Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I too tried counting the number of men who won but gave up after being unable to decide whether some of them are male or female - Their names confused me - Some of them have their blog names as their profile names while the remaining names could be that of a man or a womanInnocent

When I was new on IB, I thought that one particular female blogger was a man and use the pronoun 'He'. One day she replied in a forum thread saying that she is a woman! Didn't know where to bury my head! Sealed

We all are equals, so no discrimination. 

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

@rio: It reminds me promos of karan Johar's promo of the movie Gippi Wink

sweta tiwary
from bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks For motivating me guys ... :)

And @Avadhoot: good one, love the sallu SRK example ;)

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

We are sailing in the same boat .. though I have to be happy to win few contests in the past!

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Congrats to all my friends for winning the cool vouchers. 

Thanks fool

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Congratulations all the winners.. 

Sob sob Cry I have lost my winning streak.. not even a consolation prize! 

Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Ay, but you're such an amazing personality already Farida R. and everyone .... U guys don't need prozes !! :)

Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Ahm.. " Prizes " ! :)

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

harke jeetne walon ko baazigar kahte hai ....inspired by some sallu, srk comments above Laughing

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks guys.. that is nice consolations :)

Rajlakshmi
Rajlakshmi
from Bangalore
10 years ago

congratulations to all the winners and runners up. I too got a spa voucher :) though I am lusting over that SLR :)

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

It is too bad to see Renie organising an Xtreme Drive Meet instead of an IndiSpa meet! Tongue out

Namrota
Namrota
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Congratulations to all the winners Laughing @Ranjith : "It's high time that all participants with valid entries be given a notebook / i pad!" Ditto! Undecided 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Namrota Help Renie get such a sponsor! Tongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

lol if every participant gets ipad....no body will be motivated for future contests as everyone will already be owning an ipad

Rayla Noel
from Bangalore
10 years ago

:)))))))))))))))))))   lol

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

Guys, have you thought how intense participation will be when every participant shall get an iPad ?????Innocent

Look at the contest that offers a 4 GB flash drive!!!Laughing

Those who don't write a blog too shall write some crap pages to create a blog and then shall participate in the contest to pocket an iPad.Cool

Last but not the least,shall judges be able judge the contest-entries  when 7-8 thousand entries shall pop in????Tongue out

If yes, then how many years it shall take to announce the result?Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Nandini In that case, a villa would be the prize for the next contest! Smile

@ Avadhoot Never thought of all those things! Surprised

Are you talking about 'Apollo Hospitals' contest? How do you know that the pen drive is 4 GB? 

I too have submitted some crap Sealed for the Melbourne Contest and they didn't send me my pen drive. Undecided

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

But something similar ( though much different ) to the 'i pad for all' thing is happening. When I first joined IB, I never thought that 50-100 participants would be given shopping voucher. But now, it's happening-  'Dove Braids' ( 100 * Rs 1200 vouchers ) and WeChat ( 70 * Rs 1000 vouchers ) But I wonder why the number of entries being submitted are not exceeding 200%-250% times the number of prizes

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

Main thing is the assurance, when there is an assure gift that is intriguing, people shall flock.

see how bloggers got crazy when every participant was supposed to get a T-shirt in the Castrol contest ! It was not any Armani T-shirt and at that time perception was -something similar that gas-station employees wear-only  perceivable difference was the presence of Indiblogger logo.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

But the number of entries received for Castrol contest did not exceed the number of entries received for the other contests held in that time frame! 

Debopam Banerjee
Debopam Banerjee
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Heartiest Congratulations to all the Winners.....

At last won something (the spa voucher) in Indiblogger apart from the consolation prizes!!!

Nisha
Nisha
from Lucknow
10 years ago

Any idea when can I expect a mail or info regarding the prize? I've won something here for the first time and have no clue how it works on Indiblogger Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Do you want the mail or the prize? Tongue out

In case you don't receive the prize even after one month or so, simply visit this page and see if anyone had received their prize. If yes, shoot a mail to Renie. Else, wait for few more weeks or shoot a mail demanding your prize. Wink

Make sure that you update your address in your IB Profile.

Happy shooting with your camera. Smile

Be careful of ranjith , he might grab your camera in Winktransit

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

And PL will grab it from me. Wink

Nisha
Nisha
from Lucknow
10 years ago

Just the prize should be fine Smile

Chalo will patiently wait for a month. Exactly a month before I start 'shooting' emails Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Just the prize should be fine

Can't  stop smiling. Smile

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

My first ever Indi contest and i managed to make it to the runner-up list! Yay! Thaks Indi and Dove teams SmileCongratulations to all the other winners Laughing

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

great going Bushra Smile

LockSign in to reply to this thread