New Bloggers? Tell something about your blog?

Hey!

New to IndiBlogger? New to blogging? Share somthing about yourself or your blog. 

Tell why did you choose the profile name you are using. (I see so many new bloggers joining with interestig names). What is the theme of your blog?

Would like to know how are you feeling being here on the forum.... also you would be able to connect with other new bloggers.  so go ahead, leave a word!Smile

RESTLESS

Replies 41 to 60 of 78 Descending
Rajiv
Rajiv
from Kerala
13 years ago

hello everybody,

I am rajiv, i have been on and off writing my blog Krazy Memoirs . However, these days i just try to find time to write few lines. This blog just mirrors my random thoughts and how i see the world around me in a raw tone (sorry for that, i am not any extraordinary blogger but trying to be).  

So, i shall take this opportunity to have u experienced blogger to guide me in the process...

Thanks n regards,

Rajiv

http://rrajiv.wordpress.com

Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

cool template and it's not cluttered either. way to go with that. the blog is also well organized. i had trouble loading the image in that Chennai blog post. these kind of problems may be disadvantageous and might lead to decrease in the number of visitors.  please look into that.

i also used to be on and off on my blog, and from my experience i ask you to keep blogging something every once in a while and not to abandon your blog. that way, you will not lose any readers who want to frequent your blog.

Rajiv
Rajiv
from Kerala
13 years ago

Thanks for the encouragement Vee,  i shall surely  look into the matter you suggested and see what might have caused problem in loading the pic.  And with increase in  blogging frequency i am finding that the readers are at least dropping at the blog once a while ... that's alone is great for me, for the time being.  

Do visit again,

Rajiv

Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

As I told you, I did the exact same thing like you. I would blog for some days and then take a break. and this happened for more than 2 years. very recently I realized the good practises of blogging and started being regular. I hope my experience helps you.

Yagyesh Narayan
Yagyesh Narayan
from Pune
13 years ago

Hello ,

I am not new to blogging but new to Indiblogger , still trying to find my way around here.

My blog is a collection of short stories , mostly based on my perception of life ,Do check it :)

http://yagsmyretrospects.blogspot.com/

Thanks in Anticpitation

Rajiv
from Kerala
13 years ago

Dear Yagyesh

Really you are damn good blogger no doubt, every thing just perfect. The simplicity with which you convey idea is mind blowing.. hats off to you and definitely worth learning.

Thanks again,

Rajiv

Varun Kumar Gupta
Varun Kumar Gupta
from Jamshedpur
13 years ago

Life as seen by a cynical procrastinating almost-MBA-from-XLRI misanthrope.

The Mango Man And The Question Mark: www.thesleepinginsomniac.blogspot.com

Voila!

Rajiv
from Kerala
13 years ago

Dear varun,

mesmerised with all bakchodi you have done with "Question Mark". Loved every bit of it. some how relate all these classes with me...

keep up the Bakar Laughing

rajiv

Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

You have got a great blog. and you've got that to keep your readers glued. loved it. :)

Psyche(Sid)
Psyche(Sid)
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Not new... but i am writing more often only from a few months...

try to write from the heart.. would love to meet other bloggers in d next bangalore bloggers meet! :)

heres d url - http://psychebubbles.blogspot.com/ :-)

Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

interesting name, Bubbles of my psyche.. floating around :) I rarely came across the blogs named using the word Psyche. My blog is Psyche's visage, and I was told the same about the name of my blog.

Perfect picture you have that goes along with the blog's template. And I read your posts on getting drunk, debatable doubts and a few recent ones. Would love to read more. keep writing!

Psyche(Sid)
Psyche(Sid)
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Hey Vee..

Hehe.. thanks.. a lil caught up with work.. had a peep @ ur blog as well. pretty interesting! Would surely check it out. Thanks for the appreciation! Cya soon! :)

Debojit Barthakur
Debojit Barthakur
from Guwahati
13 years ago

I started blogging sometime in 2008. The reason I wanted a blog of my own was that my mind is always full of random thoughts about situations, personalities, events, music, sports, politics etc that engender strong feelings in me and a craving to put them into words. I maintain my own diary but that is something which cannot be shared with everybody. So, the blog was the best way out for me to share my thoughts with others. At the same time, I have always had an innate passion for writing, which I can pursue through my blog. I haven't had as much traffic as I would have liked, but the fact is, I cannot change my style or content just for traffic. I feel satisfied enough with the expression of my feelings about certain things and if others (however few) feel the same way, I am filled with a great sense of fulfillment. That, to me, is of greater value than attracting readers through frivolous write-ups.

Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

Well, that is how I maintain my blog too. I write about anything and everything I feel like writing. People have often complained about not having a specific theme in my blog, but I still keep it as a medium to share things very dear to me irrespective of the theme they belong to. And regarding the traffic, even I feel the same. But I don't want to change.

Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

Well, that is how I maintain my blog too. I write about anything and everything I feel like writing. People have often complained about not having a specific theme in my blog, but I still keep it as a medium to share things very dear to me irrespective of the theme they belong to. And regarding the traffic, even I feel the same. But I don't want to change.

Alekh Agrawal
Alekh Agrawal
from Mumbai
13 years ago

hi i started blogging sometime in 2006 when it was still novel in India.....mainly I wanted to express my love for sports, automobiles and travelling, adnt htis was a wonderful way to reach out a wider audience......also cause my dream profession has always been a sports journo (well if I cannot be the sportstar myself :P)but i only seriously got into it lately with my own domain etc and hope to capture the attention of a few regulars.....as to the name, well that has been changing with time.....it was "read, drive, express" then "my travels with the beautiful game" and now "alekh in wonderland" just maybe echoing my state of mindlastly my blog is accessible at  http://www.alekh.co.in  ....please have a look and leave a comment if you like it (or even if you don't like something, negative feedback also helps me improve)

Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

hey, that is exactly when I started blogging too. I didn't have much exposure then and I was on and off blogging. But now I am kind of regular and update my blog with whatever content I want to. You have got a neat website, divided into various sections very clearly. Just like the way you have documented your entire road trip, you might have realized that it will definitely help lots of people in providing information required. I have written some posts on my road travel some time back when I was in India and I often get hits from people looking for relevant information. Very neat!

Alekh Agrawal
from Mumbai
13 years ago

hey thnx a ton vee......its so good to hear nice words about my site :)......i hope my travelogue helps others, that would be wonderful......thnx again for the encouragement

Monica Dhiman
Monica Dhiman
from New Delhi
13 years ago

thanks pramod ,vee,Rajiv 

and all those who visited my blog :) thanks for taking out that much time....it has encouraged me to write more...,it is now becoming more of a passion to write :)i controlled myself to stop it at least during exams :P..but will try to improve it further...any suggestions on anything you feel are welcome :)

Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

You are always welcome! :)

Vivek Chamolli
Vivek Chamolli
from New Delhi
13 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Merry Christmas to you all :) !

I started my blog , last year , though I had created in 2008 , one of my friend insisted me to write , may be they like my thoughts and sujjested ..I should write. I made a blogwalk ..and found some amazing blogger , But to write the 1st maiden post ..its took me 1year more to do so , as I never concentrated over it as , I was not into this writing stuff at all , it was a distant thing that happened by accident. Before i used t write over dairies , whatever i feel , but maintaining them was a big issue.

So later in 2009 , I started my Journey of blogging and thereafter I get associated with Indiblogger , but was not so frequent in posting  post over here a well over my blogs.

But now I love blogging ..it has become a part of my life. I write over things thats happens around me , and the feelings and emotions and nature to which I find very close.

My blog Name is "Friend's Kitchen" .. http://rise-of-the-pheonix.blogspot.com/

have a look to get more insight of it.

Thanks @ Restless for the stating this thread  :)

With Love

Vivek

you're welcome Vivek!

irfanuddin
irfanuddin
from PATNA
13 years ago

An engineer by profession... just about one month i ahve been blogging....My Blog is nothing but thoughts of my idle mind… its about things, which do matters to me in life…. 

i have posted nine posts till now..... Lot to learn here.. needs help from senior Bloggers like you.... plz go through my Blog.. "APNIBOLI" and give your views.....

http://irfanurs.blogspot.com

irfanuddin
irfanuddin
from PATNA
13 years ago

An engineer by profession... just about one month i ahve been blogging....My Blog is nothing but thoughts of my idle mind… its about things, which do matters to me in life…. 

i have posted nine posts till now..... Lot to learn here.. needs help from senior Bloggers like you.... plz go through my Blog.. "APNIBOLI" and give your views.....Regards !!!

http://irfanurs.blogspot.com 

Zaira Hakeemshah
Zaira Hakeemshah
from Chennai
13 years ago

A little more than 3 month ago, did I step into the blogging world.

The name is zradar. http://zradar.wordpress.com

'Z' is for Zaira and that would be me :-) So the blog is actually my radar. The blog is mostly personal with bits and pieces of my life clinging on to the screen and a few of those social causes from my own experience. 

The blog was started to pay a tribute to my loving husband, who is currently at Dubai. His birthday was nearing and I had no clue how to gift him and thus evolved the blog, http://zradar.wordpress.com/2010/10/11/. You should have a look. This is my personal favorite too...

Vamsi
Vamsi
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Well i started blogging in 2006...have been doing this on and off for the past 4 years now..the latest blog that i have started is called mumbojumbo :) ..this is more cause i write on a lot of random topics..generally prefer the lighter vein...not many serious posts...would like to try my hand at poetry...mostly observations from my day to day life and a few works of fiction.

Dear restless-mind-with-a-sensitive-heart,

That was an interesting and tempting thread you have started. Thanks for that, at the outset.

Well, here is my story dear bloggers.

My first blog was dead, almost immediately after it was started. Courtesy: I forgot the URL!!. I didnt endeavour to retrieve it.

Regeneration: After a long hiatus, I created another one and named it JUST CHEWING OVER (www.just-chewing-over.blogspot.com), meaning 'thinking about'. Ironically, during the initial days, I found it very difficult to 'think about' ideas for blogging when I originally started my blog in 2006. Shamelessly, I agree, that my first post was a synopsis of a news column about something that related to my career area - about a hedgefund collapse (btw career area is hedgefunds mgmt, not collapsing them!) It was an original piece of idea / thought from me I posted back then.

I quite frequently suffered from writer's block. Adding to the misery is the paucity of time. Therefore ended up in blogging very infrequently. However, in due course, I became a member of mouthshut.com where my movie and book reviews received good responses and feedback from fellow members. A good lot - about 25 members - gave feedback and supported me very well. That was sort of a push which encouraged me to write further. One fine day, I also gave my life's anecdotes (ie auto-biography excerpts!) a shot (with my post A Date with a traffic police (http://just-chewing-over.blogspot.com/2007/04/tryst-with-traffic-police.html) which not only did I post it on my blog, but also made a pdf and forwarded it to my friends. Received decent responses, given my inexperience at writing. For the first time my lazy friends read what I wrote and emailed me their appreciations. That was the point of inflection. I went deeper down into the world of blogging and started reading other veteran bloggers. What an amazing lot of bloggers we have around, far better than those crappy book writers. Learnt a lot from these veteran bloggers, which I still keep reading. Their attitude, creativity and humour - swept me over by feet. I'm not a book reader, hardly ten, to be honest. Till date, I enjoy reading blogs to the point that I print out their web pages to read during my office-home commute and at home sometimes (while succumbing to my wife's furious looks and frowns at me) Nevertheless, I do agree, books are always a better source for improving self.

So far, I have about 30 posts on my blog which I wrote in a span of 4 years. Not a great number, I shamelessly agree. However, I surely expect to increase the frequency in due course.

That's the story dear friends.

Before I conclude, let me request you please dont treat this as a promotional trick; no i didn't cut a fast one here. I request you, when you get a chance, do visit my blog and provide your feedback to my posts - this way I would know which genre of writing suits me better. Let us please network together, read each others' and improve ourselves. This is all I have to say before I sign off.

Enjoy blogging! And a very Happy new year!

Regards,

Victor Guerra

(never wanted to disclose my real name, so I always chose to write with a pseudonym. While wondering what to choose, it struck me to translate my original Indian name into Spanish - the result was Victor Guerra. That's my pseudo I always blog with)

Thanks Victor! and it was fun to hear from u and all the new bloggers in this thread :)

As usual, u r very honest... that's ur strength!

Keep blogging, u have blogging pals here!

RESTLESS

Archana
Archana
from Panaji, Goa
13 years ago

Hello! I have been blogging for some time now but mostly had restricted my viewership.

To IndiBloggers I am new and like the lady said testing waters. Mostly I am interested in cooking.

I started my blog to grasp & pen down  the few things that I learnt from my mum and MIL before they expired. 

I called my blog as mad scientists kitchen because that is what my daughters call me .

http://madscientistskitchen.blogspot.com// 

Smile

Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

Yummy blog I must say! Template is super apt, and everything is just perfect. :D

I had hard time trying to leave a comment on your blog. And I still didn't succeed. 

Niraj Aneja
Niraj Aneja
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Hmm... I am new to IndiBlogger and to blogging also, as well. I wish to blog more about Tech & Social Media happenings. 

Please drop by and leave a comment, if you like it. Thanks a ton.

Know More About Me Here

Pratibha Mohanty
Pratibha Mohanty
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Hello restless! and everyone out here!!! I am a new blogger who started blogging as recently as 2 months back. I named my blog as "Pratibha Mohanty's World" as it aptly tags my blog to be my very own personal space where I can write my thoughts, feelings and every small thing that touches my life....

Hello Pratibha! welcome! and we are honest and candid in our personal space... right?!

RESTLESS

Nethra Ram
Nethra Ram
from Chennai
13 years ago

Hello everyone! :)

Writing is to me what ink is to a pen! It is the core of my being. I express myself through words and love doing so. My blog is titled 'Crushed Paper' because I never got over the romance of writing on a piece of paper! I still write...strike out a couple of lines...hit upon something new...crush it up....and start all over again! 

Drop in at  http://lazythinktank.blogspot.com and do let me know what you think :)

Here's to a Happy year ahead!

Nethra Ram :)

P.S: thank you 'a restless mind with a sensitive heart' for the ambience!

Bladenomics
Bladenomics
from Chennai
13 years ago

Not new to blogging. My current blog, which is about a year old, is a more serious attempt at getting somewhere close to a presentable blog. It just humor from my mundane life. 

http://bladenomics.wordpress.com

LockSign in to reply to this thread