IndiRank upgrade

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

Hello! Smile

I see many a thread asking about this month's IndiRank - I must tell you that it's not going to come out on time, as we are working on an upgrade. As with all upgrades, it's difficult to say when we're going to finish, but it will be out by the end of the month. (Fingers and toes crossed!)

Sorry, and we hope that it would be worth the wait!

Replies 41 to 60 of 98 Descending
Siera
Siera
from Pune
12 years ago

A friendly tip to the IndiBlogger staff:  Just leave the old version running until the new version is ready.  This is pretty SOP.  You avoid service outages and all these anxious, angry users.  When you update the layout of the website, you don't take the whole thing down until you've finished the new design, right?  You make the design offline and implement it when it is ready.

I apologise if somebody already suggested this.  I didn't read the *entire* thread.  Also I've been a member here for 2 months already and have no rank.  It is a let down.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Haha, thats a very nice tip Sierra :-) And unique too! I dont think anyone suggested that earlier! Dont worry, the rank will come out soon...er... I hope ;-)
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Apologies I misspelt your name Siera :-)
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

@Siera and Arti ,yes , very good suggestion !

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Siera That was a very good suggesstion. Hope that the technicians or the admin is listening.

@ Arti I see you telling the same thing since a very long time. Hats of to your faith in the punctuality of IndiBlogger ranks. Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Art. sorry Arti Smile

Looks as if the problem of misspelling names never ends. Even with me!

Siera
from Pune
12 years ago

Thanks, guys.  Here's hoping.

I agree. Its a let down. 2 months and no indirank. :(

Adhokshaj Bellurkar
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Arti: I think you tried to associate her with the Tata's namesake car. :)

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Hehe no, it was a typing mistake!! :)
Monica
Monica
from New Delhi
12 years ago

I have a very simple question to ask...Can an 'aamaran anshan' a la hazare help the cause :P Its like March dt I made a blog and nw end of May :( Piya tu ab toh aaja :P

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

Lol, anshan can be the last resort for indibloggers. Hope inditeam is reading this! Tongue out

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Blog ki jwala thandi ho jaaye aake use bhujajaTongue outSealed LOL Laughing

Yeah good idea! Do you have Anna Hazare's contact number?

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@ Xeno :)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Who will lead the fast? I can't stay without food even for a single day. Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Apna neta Xeno :-D
Monica
from New Delhi
12 years ago

okeh done :) apna neta xeno! bhukha rahega xeno n i wil manage his health and media :D

RED HANDED
RED HANDED
from BANGALORE
12 years ago

I joined this site almost 3 mths back..still no RANK..

Adhokshaj Bellurkar
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Oh.. That's just a wrong timing. :) They stopped the rank from March. But don't worry, we are all waiting with you. :)

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

+1 Adhokshaj! Wrong timing :)

Hey Red! Nice to see you here too! Great! I'm frustrated too! I want an Indirank! Boo Hoo!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

You should have joined a few days earlier.  Smile

Niket Gupta
Niket Gupta
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hoping for a better rank this time around...it has been time since I have been among the rank holders (it was in class 9 last time, I guess) Tongue out Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Haha, All the Best Niket Smile

Niket Gupta
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Arti: Thenk you Thenk you Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I wish that IndiBlogger gives us a report card too.  Smile

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

Folks, an update - one of the reasons for this upgrade was to improve the efficiency (some of you may have noticed that IndiRank was always late Smile) - and so we had to build it all over again from the ground up, so that it can support 100000 bloggers someday! That's taken us much longer than expected, especially since we're depending on a few external services which we have no control over (Pagerank, Alexa, etc.)

Now, we're working on the updated stats, and the monthly automation. In the meantime, we'll update the ranks using the older system to ease the tension around here. Sorry for the long time this is taking - hopefully the upgrade will be worth the wait, and will be more helpful!

Niket Gupta
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Woooppiieeee Laughing I have never been so excited for my academic results Wink

Yeah that would suffice! SmileHolding back the ranks was not good! Frown

Now the excitement comes back again!

Phew!!! Finally!!! Thnxx for da update....bt still no promises on d date, huh?? jk.. Wink

@Arti Guess what?? My post worked!! WinkTongue outMoney mouth

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@ Xeno I think you should revive your guess the Indirank thread!!
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@ Anoop Certainly looks like it, we were trying for close to 2 months!!
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I am going to get my first IndiRank now.  Smile

Nivedhitha Rajavelu
Nivedhitha Rajavelu
from MUMBAI
12 years ago

So when can we expect ranks for this month?

Nivedhitha Rajavelu
Nivedhitha Rajavelu
from MUMBAI
12 years ago

when can we expect ranks for this month

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Sorry, you may not. It is already the end of this month.  Smile

cloud nine
cloud nine
from Tiruchirapalli
12 years ago

Great to hear this! So, many changes expected...Keeping all fingers crossed:)

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
And toes too :-P
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Smile

Ghazala Hossain
Ghazala Hossain
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Upgrades and ranks, are we back in schools...LOL

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

You will get your report card soon.  Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Did you hear something called an upgrade in school? My school never did such things.

Smile

Aniruddh
Aniruddh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

hey wts dis RANK SYS!! its been a month or so nw since i joined IB

n i read a comment dat rank depends on the popularity of the blog...but der r some blogs dat hv very less votes like mine,,,, so if der r less vote, how will i be given a rank!!! i really don't get this thing here......moreover its clear that IB is mostly dominated by vetren bloggers n rookies aren't been attended at all!!!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

This isn't an sms to chat with those keywords.  Smile Everyone gets a rank irrespective of the popularity of their blog. The actual things that contribute to a rank is hidden from IndiBloggers.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hey Aniruddh, dont worry...you will get a rank soon as Renie has replied below. I know its been long still Just a bit more of patience please...

And Rank is not at all dependent on popularity or votes in IB, it depends on a variety of factors like your alexa, GPR, your posting frequency and some other things too. Also what makes you think that new bloggers arent attended here? You are very much welcome, we are a part of a wonderful blogging community and we all love to hear from you as well Smile

Aniruddh
Aniruddh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

rajnith

thanks for the information & making me realise that it isn't a chat to use key words...well i believe that content matters!!! be it anywhere.Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hey aniruddh,  +1

but just one thing... its ranjith not rajnith :)

Adhokshaj Bellurkar
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hey Anirudh,

I am a rookie MAX guy here and have ZERO knowledge on blogging. But let me tell you, whatever stupid questions I post here, is responded to and solved very eagerly with all the 'veterans' and 'rookies' alike. Indibloggers is a thriving commnunity where all the bloggers share the same passion towards blogging.

The very fact that your reply was answered here by Arti and Ranjith (Veteranus Maximus people) proves that you will be well attended to and will definitely have a great time!

Cheers! :)

Adhokshaj Bellurkar
from Mumbai
12 years ago

question*

Aniruddh
Aniruddh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Arti and Ranjith 

sorry..i wasn't complaining but was just expressing my worry..now that i have been attended & relieved of my worrries, i feel good..

and my apologies to Ranjith for the misspelling his name 

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
No need for a sorry:)
Impish Disaster
Impish Disaster
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Has gotten bored of checking this forum topic everytime she logs into IB and sees the rank has STILL not been updated.HURRY UP GUYS!!! =[

Adhokshaj Bellurkar
from Mumbai
12 years ago

So, let us all decide that none of us will post here till Renie replies. So we won't click on the new posts everytime only to get disheartened. :P

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

It's going to take a week folks, the old crawler takes that long to go through all the blogs! Frown

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Oh-Ho... One more week!!
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

so, it will be a June indirank. fingers crossed.

Maninder Singh
Maninder Singh
from New Delhi
12 years ago

Since I am new here, I am even more keenly waiting to know and see whats this buzz about IndiRank.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
You will feel it once its out:)
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago
Feels like this Rennie has been playing musical chairs with us and stopped the music when I am not next to a chair. In March and April I was going at a post every 2 days. But my rank was stuck at my Feb rank, when I had not posted for past 5 months. Now since mid May, my posting has come down and now this ranking is coming out!
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thats pure bad luck!!
Madhav Mishra
Madhav Mishra
from gurgaon,haryana
12 years ago

waiting for MY FIRST TIME too ;) 

Vyshnavi
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I'm wit U tooo....

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago
It will be nice to see the latest Indiranking.....gr8 to hear the good news in advance.....congrats Inditeam
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Plus 1 Umeshji.
Pratik Nikam
Pratik Nikam
from Nashik
12 years ago

M also waiting for my first rank :)

plz give us rank guys !!! 

Otherwise we ll seat for Aanshan on Jantar Mantar ;)

Pratik Nikam
from Nashik
12 years ago

www.techinsect.com

eshwar
eshwar
from bangalore
12 years ago

indirank has a role in winning contests too!! the anti chlorine campaign awards were given according to the number of votes their posts received. i think it must be decided upon the article!!

Neeraj Rawat
Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
12 years ago

I see everyone is asking about the Indirank what is the benefit of it?

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Differs from person to person actually.. It can be a great motivating factor to keep blogging consistently, thats what I personally feel :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread