Travel Smart with Skyscanner Contest

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

A new contest from Skyscanner!

Pick a destination that you would like to visit in 2014 and tell how you would travel smart to this destination.

2 return tickets for Singapore, Thailand, Goa and 10 backpacks to be won.

Laughing

Read more here

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: -
Replies 61 to 80 of 101 Descending
Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Managed to finish it & submit it on time. Laughing Cool 

knitha.urs
knitha.urs
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Submitted Cool

Geetanjali
Geetanjali
from Delhi, Bangalore
10 years ago

hey folks,So I wrote for th contest one of my very first :))Please emme know your reviews...so that some day I might just have a chance to win something :DHere are the links :  <snip> hope I did OK :(:seeya 

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Best of luck in your endeavors but you are not supposed to post blog links and promote your blogs in the forums. So I have removed the link.

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Good luck, Geetanjali! Keep participating and never loose hope, you can always win. Smile

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Best of luck. Fingers crossed Laughing

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Best wishes for your maiden IB contest :)

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

It's nice to see the enthusiasm around travel. Cool I gave it a miss .. but here's wishing all the best to everyone who has participated. Smile

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

What? A travel contest without Arti? Am I dreaming or something? Would have loved for you to add Singapore or Thailand to your list of destinations. Thailand has so many beautiful temples. Just your kind of place.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

people may not blog much on travel...but everyone does travel someplace or the other in their real lives :-)

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thank you :)

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

I was looking for your entry. Then, got the SkyDeck treat! Thanks! Cool

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@TF: Haha, that's a wonderful compliment to receive, and that too from YOU, TF, thank you. Smile

@Nandini: True that, Nandini!

@Gaurab: All the best again. :)

@Anita: You are most welcome, always. Thank you so much for checking it out. Smile 

Sneh Asnani
Sneh Asnani
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hurray!! I also participated in this contest.. submitted last night.. Cool

Meghana
Meghana
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Went through most of the entries, seems like I am the only one who didn't use Skyscanner to either book my flight ticket(as my journey is just by train and bus) or plan my trip. My enty is just "travel smart" but not "travel smart with Skyscanner", hope it will be considered..

Sid Balachandran
from London
10 years ago

Meghana, The only criteria as far as I can see is that it needs to be creative and includes a link to Skyscanner. So it might still have a chance :) Good luck !

Meghana
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hope so Sid, might b I will have to go with contest title as well frm next contest. Wink

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

There are many different kinds of entries. I saw few who have just written an ad campaign for skyscanner and have forgot to write about their travel. I think it will for sure be considered. Laughing

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Meghana, Don't worry! A couple of entries (incl mine!) that haven't booked flight tickets at all, are there to give company Smile

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Meghana, mine is the stupidest entry which focuses on traveling on a shoe-string budget. Beat that Frown And I didn't even highlight the destination Cry

Sid Balachandran
from London
10 years ago

Meghana, Fairy Princess, Anita and the rest- I think as long you have a link to skyscanner and it mentions travel, it's in with a chance. Smart travel can be interpreted in so many different ways. If there's anything that I've learnt from writing for contests is that the more creative you can get, the more chances you have. As for the skyscanner advert, I suppose mine is one of those. But hey, I'm happy with what I wrote, and you guys should be with yours too. At the end of the day, we're writers and to write well should be the first thing on our agenda. Winning, not winning etc are sometimes out of our control. Good luck all. Now, don't shoot me, I'm just giving my opinion :D

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Sid, how can I shoot you when I don't have a gun? Cry

PS: No worries! I will seriously find a way to travel to Leh in 2014 or 2015. Keep your fingers crossed for me Laughing

Meghana
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Anita n FP, chkd ur entries just after commenting here n good to find u thr for my company.Smile

Gaurab, with the results of recent past contests, campaign posts are up on the winners list, thts the reason I took off frm most of the contests here.. Participated in this bcoz my post is just a regular blog post on my travel blog, with a link to SkyscannerSmile

Sid, enjoying ur writting is wht matters at the end of the day, so enjoy..

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Even I have not mentioned SkyScanner anywhere on my post except for the mandatory link. I never bother with advertising products. But then I never win either. But I still enjoy writing in my own style for these contests.

Meghana
from Bangalore
10 years ago

TF, wishes for the contest..

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

@Meghana, @FP, @TF Good Company Smile

@Sid Totally agree. We all enjoy sharing our creative ideas, writing & participating! Results are not in our hands! Smile

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@The Fool - *RESPECT*

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@Meghana - Winning is a different thing. That's totally based on their choice. Laughing

@ALL - We all write that's true but we write for different reasons. Wink Cool

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

@Sid,Cool

Meghana
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Gaurab, its either way round, u just can't campaign a product for the sake of winning, going out of your blog's niche and creadibility. Everyone participate hoping to win, n if ur post without a campaign has very limited chance of winning, its btr stay out of the contest..

Parul
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Same here Meghana. I laid out my plans but I am not flying actually I have written why flying didnot make sense. Even thoguh you are writing for a contest it shoud be of value to your readers.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Meghana - There is a third option of participating without desire to win. Many of these contests provide a basic core to weave our ideas around. So even if I feel I won't enjoy writing what sponsors want but can write something within the contests rules and have fun, I do it. That is why in some of the past contests, I have even gone as far as to have fun at the expense of the product. (which is a sure shot way of ensuring that you don't win)

Sneh Asnani
Sneh Asnani
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Meghna.. dont worry.. we don't have to do an adv. of skyscanner in our blog.. as long as ur entry contains a link to their website, it is considered. Very true, many people have written an advertorial to skyscanner and forgot about their dream destination...

Meghana
from Bangalore
10 years ago

True Sneh, wishes for the contest..

139 entries only...I expected more
Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

NSV, You didn't post any last-minute entry? It would have been +1 then! Wink

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

yea..was expecting 250+ or so

The number of prizes were too less to make me fancy my chances Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

They would have received more entries if the prizes were travel pacakges instead of just flight tickets. Money mouth

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Agree with Ranjith. And another reason could be too many sponsors offering similar prize (travel ticket/tour) at the same time- Skyscanner, British Airways, and now Kissan. Non-travellers won't be interested in these.Undecided

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i actually love these kinda travel/tour prizes....they are far more interesting than gadgets/ speakers etc

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

but i'm yet to win any travel contestInnocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

ND You can sell gadgets and buy travel packages but you can't sell travel pacakges and buy gadgets Undecided

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

you won ITC contest and you travelled for it  Money mouth

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

And I win only clothing items - Lakme T-shirts and Biker Jackets

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Tongue out

Ana Jain
Ana Jain
from Gurgaon
10 years ago

I submitted my post 2 days back and had some hard time finding my own post on indivine.

wish you all much luck with your entries! 

Best of luck to all the participants :-)..I gave it a miss  ( actually couldn't get into anything even after ransacking my mind ) Tongue out some of the entries are really awesome !

I was busy smelling this time, so gave it A miss,
Dr.MANOJ DUBEY
Dr.MANOJ DUBEY
from NEW DELHI
10 years ago

I DID NOT SEE MY SUBMITTED POST IN THE RANDOM SELECTED BLOGSBLOGS 

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Click the latest tab on the top and find your entry. Laughing

Bhargav Kesavan
Bhargav Kesavan
from New York City
10 years ago

When will be the results announced?

knitha.urs
knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Results Please Money mouth

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Skyscanner is still scanning the entries Money mouth

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
9 years ago

Money mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouth

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

There was a contest for writing about the skyscanner meet, has the winners for that announced ? Undecided

Ekta Khetan
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Suddenly Indiblogger has become still and quite. NO new contests, no results...little dull. Hoping for good news soon. Cheer up team Indiblogger!

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Why don't you cheer them up, dear- by having Royal Challengers or Huwaei sponsor the next contest?

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Ha ha Karthik! Sure. If something comes up and Inditeam wants to take it up, will make the bridge :)

Results !! Results !!Tongue out

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
9 years ago

Winners announced for this contest as well! Smile

Sid Balachandran
Sid Balachandran
from London
9 years ago

Thanks Renie for being the bearer of this wonderful news :) Looks like Lady Luck hasn't forgotten me after all.

Saru Singhal
from Toronto
9 years ago

It was a rocking entry. Many congrats, Sid. Smile

Meghana
Meghana
from Bangalore
9 years ago
Congrats to all the winners..

LockSign in to reply to this thread