Your poetry on radio?

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Hi ,

I host a small segment named alfaaz on merasangeet.com ,one of the leading online radio station for bollywood and hindi songs.

Alfaaz is a segment to promote poetry ,short stories and spoken words. Its like a social experiment to see if there is still an audience for spoken words and poetry.

If anyone is interested to hear their stories,poems,shayri on radio , please feel free to reach out.

You can submit your entries on

https://www.facebook.com/merasangeet

please do mention that it is for segment "Alfaaz"

List of Indibloggers featured in radio and youtube till date

1. Piyush K Mishra(Brother of captain awesome) Yaadon ke veerane. Featured on both mera sangeet and youtube
  2. Kirti :You are still here. Featured both on merasangeet and youtube
  3. Ashwini dey : Maurya the warrior emperor. Featured on both Radio and Youtube
  4. Anukriti Sharma:Bachpan ka 100% real experience .Featured on radio and youtube
  5. Sweta: Saath Featured on both radio and youtube
  6. Aakriti Kaise featured in Radio and Youtube
  7. Uma Moon Stars featured on Radio ,Yotube
  8. Shamsud Beast Inside featured on Radio(13 June), Youtube
  9. Saru Pehli Mulaquat Featured on Radio and youtube
  10. Diwakar Muhoobbat ke sare bharam ja rahe hain Radio and youtube 
  11. TF A grey world: Radio and youtube
  12. Prateek Mathur Fir Milenge Radio on 10 Oct and Youtube
  13. Rajni : Cheeni Zyada Radio and Youtube(Coming soon)
  14. Anisha: Radio on 13th march
  15. Vaisakhi Mishra's poem Blank Page : On radio :March 20
  16. Subho's Poem Million Magi on Youtube

**************Update December 9*********************

Due to paucity of time I was not able to do justice to my Radio show hence ,my show on Mera Sangeet is currently not being aired.But the youtube channel is still active. All poetries recorded will be featured on the youtube channel only for the time being . I may not be able to air it on Mera Sangeet

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: added Subhos Poem
Replies 61 to 80 of 105 Descending
Saru Singhal
Saru Singhal
from Toronto
11 years ago

Hi Madhur, 

Hope you are doing great. Please go ahead and combine the poems, it will be a pleasure. I have some long poems, you can check:

1http://www.sarusinghal.com/2011/12/sands-of-time.html

http://www.sarusinghal.com/2011/07/i-am-not-alone.html

If even these are short as you want something that runs for a minute. I would be more than happy if you will combine the poems.

And sorry as I was busy, couldn't  catch up with Uma's and Shamsud's poem, Will do it soon:)

Thanks, 

Saru

Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Hi Saru,

Featuring your poem Pehli Mulaquaat :)

Will be uploading youtube soon

Saru Singhal
Saru Singhal
from Toronto
11 years ago

Hi Madhur, 

Thank you so much, it's an honor. :)

Saru

Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Pleasure is all mine :)

Ashu
Ashu
from kolkata
11 years ago

congrats....... i got floored when i heard all the recitals by you...its awsome presentaion....KEEP IT UP...

just daring to request your view, if this composition of mine suits for your awsome voice and program...

http://chaupal-ashu.blogspot.com/2011/05/blog-post_26.html#more

http://chaupal-ashu.blogspot.com/2011/06/blog-post.html#more

http://chaupal-ashu.blogspot.com/2012/02/kuch-yaadain.html#more

Thanks

ASHU

Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Thank you Ashu :) Glad you liked my recordings...

Will def check out all the poems you submitted:)

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

@Madhur. I had posted a request long back. Don't know if you just missed it or the poem did not meet your criteria. Anyways suggesting another poem of mine. Feel free to drop a reply in case you feel it does not meet your criteria and if you have any feedback why. No offence will be taken.

http://luciferhouseinc.blogspot.in/2011/04/grey-world.html

Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

@TF..Oh I did try to record your poem not once but multiple times...sadly failed to get the right feel :(.

Will def look at this one also

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Thanks, Madhur. The earlier poem was written following meter rules. So possibly may not be sounding right when read in a natural spoken way. This one is written in a natural way without any meter rules and stuff. So I hope it works better.

Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Hi TF..

Was finally able to record this one:). Very powerful poem it is

Saru Singhal
Saru Singhal
from Toronto
11 years ago

Hi Madhur, 

There is a problem I guess, we were listening to the show and Shamsud's poem was aired today. Though you recited the beast wonderfully. In fact that time me and Shamsud were talking. Loved it!

Saru.

Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Ohh is it, Sorry about that .

I think i delayed last week so had a roll over . Your poetry should be up next week

Very sorry

Saru Singhal
Saru Singhal
from Toronto
11 years ago

No worries. It's an awesome channel and lot of friends in US have become its fan in a day. Keep me updated about the schedule.

Saru

Shamsud Ahmed
Shamsud Ahmed
from Pune
11 years ago

Thnak you Madhur....I did not get a chance to listen to your recitation. I will surely listen to the poem in Youtube. Thanks again :)

Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Thanks Shamsud...will put it up this weekend

Ashu
Ashu
from kolkata
11 years ago

Hi MAdhur,

did my posts meet yr ctiteria or i need to work harder... ;-)

Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Hi Ashu,

Extremly sorry ,I have not been able to spend time on your poetry will definitly look at it soon and one small humble request , being picked up by me for recording is by no means a mark of quality or goodness of a poem, it just means that there was a good synergy between my style,poem and the show. So no need to work Hard :),

It really am not trying to judge any poem here, some of the poems here were fantastic but sadly either I could not get the right feel(dont ask me what it is,i cannot explain) or they were not very compatible with the show format,hence I have not yet recorded them.

Ashu
from kolkata
11 years ago

Thanks Madhur, for spending time to reply to this. You know what i feel, i manage to write something.. goood or bad, I never cared.. when i heard the recordings you have done so far for the compositions, really bowled me over. your voice and the aura you create while recordings, its an experience to hear... i only have a wish to hear any of my composition in your voice in your style.. trust me ...whether you broadcast or not... my wish is fulfilled.  sorry ... but i got bowled over your voice... thanks    

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

@Shamusd the poem is live on youtube. I have given the link in the description of the top

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Saru your poem is live on youtube,link at the top. 

Hope you will like it

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

This week we are featuring poem A grey world by our very own "The Fool"

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Wow! Finally ! Thanks a lot, Madhur. I am really eager to hear my poem in your wonderful voice.

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

@Diwakar. TF:

I will be posting your poem on youtube also in a few days . 

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

uploaded diwakar's poem

Diwakar Narayan
from Pune
11 years ago

yes..it really  got overwhelming response.

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

@Diwakar..Pleasure is all mine :)

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

@TF added a link to your poem on youtube.....Hope was able to do some justice to the powerful poem

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Thanks a lot, Madhur. With your voice, you can do justice to any poem.

Dear Madhur

Saru ji told me about your program. It's a great initiative and a chance to broadcast one's work outside of the ner forums.

I have written a lot of poems, both in Hindi and English. I would like to submit a few to them. 

Please let me know if you are looking for a particular genre or language. I will try to meet your requirements.

Thanks and Regards

Prateek Mathur

Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Thank you Prateek :)

There is no particular genre for it but anything that sounds good when recorded goes:)

Somewhere in past comments I did give a few details on what generally suits the style i adopt ,just go over and see if it makes sens

Dear Madhur

I read the comments and hopefully my current submissions will make some sense :). I am submitting one in Hindi and one in English. Both are sufficiently long and have a story in them.

I think you will enjoy them. Please give me the feedback.

फिर मिलेंगे ...!

http://me-and-my-darkside.blogspot.com/2011/06/blog-post_02.html

That Girl With The Mona Lisa Smile!

http://me-and-my-darkside.blogspot.com/2011/09/that-girl-with-mona-lisa-smile.html

Regards

Prateek Mathur

Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Thank you Prateek,

Will definitly go through the poems

Rajni sinha
Rajni sinha
from nagpur
11 years ago

Hi I had posted two poems --and had also received comments on them --please let me know if they have reached you 

Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Hi Rajni,

I am unable to recollet your poems, can you guide me to the correct place? Where did you submit the poem?

Rajni sinha
from nagpur
11 years ago

I had posted them on ---Mera Sangeet's----"wall". One was "cheeni zyada" and the other was" Wada"-----

Thanks for the reply --

regards

Hi Madhur

I was wondering, if u took any call on either of the poems?

Thanks

Prateek

Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Prateek,

Loved your poem Fir Milenge..It almost brings me to tears...

This will be my next recording for sure 

Rajni sinha
Rajni sinha
from nagpur
11 years ago

I had posted them on ---Mera Sangeet's----"wall". One was "cheeni zyada" and the other was" Wada"-----

Thanks for the reply --

regards

LockSign in to reply to this thread