New Contest - Knowledge is Great

If you could Study/Specialize in any subject of your choice in the UK, what would it be? Where? and Why?

For more details: http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=98

YAY!!! I got a chance to create a contest thread

Replies 61 to 80 of 115 Descending
Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
10 years ago

Another thing that I've noticed is the overwhelming presence of women bloggers when it comes to collecting indivotes. Look at the first two or three pages in the 'popular' segment for any indi-contest and I'm sure they will have a wholesome majority of women bloggers.

So, my question is...

Are women smarter and go around the blogosphere in groups to overwhelm and intimidate everyone else?

:)

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

No ordiniary men can dare reply to this question. I will require a Partha Sadhukhan to answer it boldly.

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

No replies coming to Mr Passey's question even after a day. See, I was right!

Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Women, are generally pampered more (in a number of aspects...#Iknowyouknow :P)...and indiblogger is no exception Tongue out

riddhisharma
riddhisharma
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Actually, I did not even know that there's something called indivine votes till the time you guys pointed it out and I checked. :P The hearts. 

The ioverwhelming presence of women bloggers for indivine votes can also be because of their close knie networking system and skills. :) And there's no dubt that they are smart.

Naming someone smarter... we might just enter the wrong arena of  debate all together.... :D

Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

Yes, and (women) are in general more warm and encouraging. They dont nit pick and are almost always full of warm motivating words for fellow bloggers. That I believe is the key. It feels nice when someone comes visting your blog and leaves encouraging wishes behind, rather than sly (for want of a more appropriate word) remarks/comments on how your post is just another run off the mill stuff. 

Plus, it takes lots of effort to network too - reading what others are writing and sharing one's opinions on the write-ups requires time, energy and of course inclination too. Most of us here are full time professionals with different day jobs, there are working moms...everyone's busy...and if despite that somebody is taking time out to read what I have to say about any xyz topic about, I will respect that. Smile

Canary
Canary
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Whole-heartedly agree with Ragini & riddhi Smile I saw Mr. Passey's comments on women and decided that I'll just take the positive words about women being smarter from there and not about how they 'intimidate' others, so I decided not to comment here earlier Innocent

Yes, women do tend to be less competitive and don't go around leaving negative comments on people's blogs or forums, rather try to appreciate the effort and thought behind it Laughing

Kapil Chauhan
Kapil Chauhan
from Ghaziabad
10 years ago

Or women are just better in expressing themselves..just look at fashion..I bet in my office the variety of dresses women wear are far far more than men do..

Women use their right and freedom to express themselves in general, in far more creative ways than men..in my POV. So that might be reflected here in their writing also...

Heena Dhedhi
Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

so true

Anita
Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

From my limited knowledge & experience, I feel getting Votes or Likes whether in Blogging, Social Media, Elections or Life requires effort & precious resources & investments like time. Innocent

Whoever is willing to pay that price, will gain! Small wonder, Women happen to score more! Cool

Kamlesh Parikarath
Kamlesh Parikarath
from Bangalore
10 years ago

too bad I couldn't participate in this one, even though such topics are what interests me. I was travelling to Ranchi to present my White Paper :( . I guess there are more contests coming like this one, with attractive prizes as well as interesting challenges. 

Heena Dhedhi
Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

some entries are pretty good.. 

Raksha Bhat
Raksha Bhat
from Bengaluru
10 years ago

Amazing entries, it is nice to read about what people want to do further on if given a good chance.Wish we could fulfill them all here in IndiaCool 

I only hope somebody saw my entry as well
Maggie
from Vijayawada
10 years ago

me too Tongue out

Ekta Khetan
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Any expected time for announcements pl? Considering it is via British Council and they are fast in their actions :)

riddhisharma
riddhisharma
from Mumbai
10 years ago

And Noboy seems to have an answer for Ekta's question... When are the results coming.. British Council 

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Yeah Riddhi...see.. Its not fair too..what say? Cry

Priyanka Dey
Priyanka Dey
from Delhi
10 years ago

sighh! can someone go to their head office and inquire?

Ragini Puri
Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

Hello IndiAdmins, any update on the results?

Ekta Khetan
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Any updates team?

It's only 2 months since the contest was announced. wait for another month Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

not 2 months, 2.5 months and not another month 0.5-1.5 months Tongue out

ok forum hero Tongue outYell

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

YellUndecidedTongue out

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Ranjith, NSV Embarassed

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Cool

Laughing

riddhisharma
riddhisharma
from Mumbai
10 years ago

imtehaan hogayi intezaar ki... :/ they should change the messaging "results will be announced shortly" ... It is so misleading

Arindam Sarkar
from Kolkata
10 years ago
"Results would be announced longly" - would be funny and accurate as well.
Nandhini Chandrasekaran
from Chennai
10 years ago

Sealed

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Money mouth

Poonam
Poonam
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Considering the swiftness of the British Council, in many respects, results should be out in April, hopefully!

Fingers Crossed, for this one, too... Smile

Ekta Khetan
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Dear Indi Team, ANy updates on this please?

Aditya Bhasin
Aditya Bhasin
from Delhi
9 years ago

Any update on results?

Latest news: 99% entries disqualified due to "wrong use of punctuation" stated by british council.
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
9 years ago

British Council has added 20 IndiPatani prizes for the most gramatically challenged posts - Prize is voucher for Rapidex English Speaking Course.

@the fool, how can that be. Complete grammar has been restructured and rapidex has failed to comply the latest changes.
Since it is done are we allowed to add mistakes to our posts
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Double Latest News - First prize goes to Ranjith Cool

Maggie
from Vijayawada
9 years ago

congratulations Ranjith Wink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago