I am Explorer Contest

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

It's time for some creative imagination! You are no longer bound by the laws of nature and reality. Create your own land, the creatures and terrains.

You have been chosen by planet earth to head explorations into an unknown land. Write a blog post on your brave journey and your discoveries across the final frontier!

Check out 'I am Explorer' contest here. Apart from the flipkart vouchers for regular entries, there are also prizes for the ( 5 ) best photo blogs and ( 1 ) video blog. Laughing

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: --
Replies 61 to 80 of 182 Descending
Vivek
Vivek
from Bangalore
10 years ago

is it? that's nice.. oh all the rush :D

Razi
from Malappuram
10 years ago

Rush in the last minute.. Tongue out

Afshan
Afshan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

why are the posts not visible ? Surprised

Does that mean the date is silently extended !! PHEW! and one more thing am not getting the discussion here. I dont see any major change in the topic for the contest !

IMHO I am sure there's no need to write entries where a person drives only Tata Safari. 

Smile

By the way can some one throw light on what was the previous topic and what are the changes done to it ?!?! 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

god knows

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Afshan see the previous topic here  Smile

Afshan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

@Ranjith : OOOPS ! I saw just now :P The change in topic. 

Some how , may be I had browser cache  ,  I saw only the previous topic and wrote based on it . The prev one was more cool 

But even in this its written A COMPLETE FICTIONAL JOURNEY to A FICTIONAL PLACE.

I guess it should hold good for who ever wrote about unknown lands :) Am also among themCool

Afshan
Afshan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Now am confused Why I saw the prev topic in my browser Innocent

Only now I am seeing the new one ! Undecided

When Will posts get reflected ??? !

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

maybe some people are seeing the posts...while some of us are still seeing the old pageFoot in mouthInnocent

Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I guess due to continuous pestering last night regarding #Extension (And I was one of them) Renie gave more time so cheers guys!Laughing

Afshan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Ya Nandini

Even the night before I saw the old topic it self. THATS Why I was confused about the discussion on change in topic here 

Embarassed

Prasanna Rao
Prasanna Rao
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Is the contest extended? I wrote the post in a hurry, now if it's extended I would like to re-work on the post.

Afshan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

@Prasanna : I have the same doubt

If they say there is date extension I will also modify !!

Kitchen mummy
Kitchen mummy
from Kundli
10 years ago

Hi Nandini, even I reverted to drafts and had the same question? what did you decide - are you putting it back to published? 

Prasanna and Afshan: Normally till they close it, changes are ok... That's what I noticed in past couple contests.. I made a very tiny change too just now!

Kitchen mummy
Kitchen mummy
from Kundli
10 years ago

Yes even I just noticed the change in topic...

well, its only fair that they let us change our entry a bit if we're fine with them changing the contest prompt :)

Sammya Brata
Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Couldn't take time out for this one...thanks for the work load... no issues..next contest :)

Bhavya Kaushik
Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

Extended? :/

Afshan
Afshan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I got a new doubt now. I hav a blogspot blog and my word press blog got recently approved.

I dont remember If I selected the word press blog while submitting my contest entry which is written on blogspot.

I submitted again selecting the source as blogspot!

Will that be an issue ? :(

The entry was accepted! 

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Submit the post again Afshan. The submit button is still there...

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

You were able to submit twice? Surprised

If you select site1.com as your blog, and the link you submit if from site2.com, then it  [ should not ] accept your post.

Something may be wrong with the IndiVine system or you got confused.

Whatever it may be, just check that your submitted the right one after the entries are displayed. If something isn't right, SHOOT a mail to Renie Wink

Or as Bushra said, submit again. Laughing

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Entries are visible Now. Only 173 entries for this oneSurprised

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

That's less! :/

Which means the chances of winning are more :D

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

maybe thats why they kept it open so long

Afshan
Afshan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks Bushra and Ranjith :)Ideally it shudnt get accepted but it accepted it . DONT KNO WHY !

now the same post is showing twice. Should I inform Renie about it ? 

The entries are now live..good..we have lots of imagination..SealedInnocent

Afshan
Afshan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I submitted again

Thanks Bushra and Ranjith.

But my entry is duplicated and showing twice :( SHould I request Renie to delete the second one Foot in mouth 

If Yes how ?!

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I think its alright....Smile Now you'll get more trafficWink

but it would be better if you inform Renie by sending an email.

indi@indiblogger.in

Nikhil Singh
Nikhil Singh
from Delhi
10 years ago

Wondering why my entry is not there among 174 entries.

http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=276404

Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
10 years ago

I have the same question. I published my post on the 7th of September (and which can be verified by going to my blog), and I am certain that I then followed all the steps necessary to enter it in the contest, but I can not find my post on the specific IndiVine page.

Is it indeed there? If not, then can anything be done?

Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Ignore my other reply; I have now found it.

Having said that, though, is there anything that can be done in the future? I would hate to write a post, eager and hopeful of winning a prize, and linking it to the contest page, only to find that it did not become an entry (for whatever reason).

Afshan
Afshan
from Bangalore
10 years ago
@bushra : as it is the same post I don't think more traffic helps 😃 I informed Renie He deleted . Prob solved Thanks to u all Good day and good luck :)
Bhavana Lalwani
Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
10 years ago

feeling happy happy coz now I can see my entry among the other contest entries. Embarassed last time when I participated in indiblogger contest, thy did not show my entry Yell .. now waiting fr indi votes .. however, I did not include Tata safari car or its name in my story (I forgot Innocent that the contest is all about promoting the Car ) so will tht make any negative effect .. Frown

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
10 years ago

I don't think the sponsors want a post with pictures of Safari Storme... they already have expensive ads in all sorts of media all over. They want to read creative stuff that follows the brief given... and if you were able to storme into it, good! :)

Razi
from Malappuram
10 years ago

even I didnt use tat safari..!Innocent

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
10 years ago

now I found another mistake .. ewwwwwFrown I have given the link of tata safari website and did nt mention the language "this post is written for indiblogger contest n all bla bla " (though I think this bla bla is equally important thing as the stoy)Money mouth

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

Its not necessary to write full sentence....link is enough too

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Bhavana If you want to add that line, you can add it now. Such minor edits are allowed. Moreover, as it is not a part of the actual post, there will be no problem at all. Smile

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
10 years ago

thnkss Ranjith, Arvind, Nandini and Canary :) Embarassed  to be honest, I was so excited abt this theme and story tht I almost forgot all these minor things. 

thnaks again .. u guys r soo prompt to reply 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing

Canary
Canary
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Don't worry Bhavna, these blogging contests are more about generating a conversation among bloggers rather than putting up glamorous photo ops.. so good luck!

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Can someone count the number of video blog posts and tell me so that I can start crying! Foot in mouth

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

who better than you to find and tell us all

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I'm not in a mood to open each entry and see if it is a video. Undecided

And what if there are no video entries? Foot in mouth Can I grab that prize as I atleast thought of submitting a video? Cool

And where did all the prizes vanish from that page? Surprised ND, did you steal them? Sealed

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

I submitted 4 video blogs :P

But yeah, where are the prizes :/

I thought that making a video and uploading it would be the easiest thing. Bleh!

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i thot u used java scripts to find anything

Razi
from Malappuram
10 years ago

I posted my photoblog.. along with ND's Rabbit..Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

ND I don't use JavaScript :P I use Java Cool And it is not easy to count the number of video blogs using it Undecided

BK Surprised

Razi, Now ND will start crying for her rabbit Tongue out

Razi
from Malappuram
10 years ago

Tongue out

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Posting two entries for this contest has left me with a severe headacheCry Now I don't even feel like opening that page! Innocent

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Exhausted after opening 173 entries and checking for videos! Frown

There were one or two posts about JavaScript. :))

Around 5-10 Page Not Found posts. Tongue out

Almost all the entries have lots of pictures. Undecided

Two 1 line entries Surprised

All video entries are from Bhavya Kaushik ( above ) who also submitted the highest number of entries. Something between 10 and 15. Laughing

I too should have made a video CryCryCry I dreamt of making a video with me speaking a  few lines in the background. Undecided

No one posted a creative ( ? Foot in mouthInnocentSealedCool ) photo blog like mine. Tongue out

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

I made a video, but could not embed it as the music owner allowed it on youtube only. 

so, I gave the link in my blog post. Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Ok. I don't know how many such videos I missed! Foot in mouth

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

I'm currently doing a backpacking expenditure across Himalayas. This contest came just at the perfect time for me. Thus, thought of adding a couple of video and photo blogs of a few explorations that I made in the past one month :)

And yeah, I posted some 10-15 entries :P SealedSealed (but they are all either videoblogs or photoblogs :D) 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

10-15 entriesSurprised

Two 1 line entriesSurprisedSurprised

Around 5-10 Page Not Found postsFoot in mouthLaughingSurprisedCool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Himalayas Surprised

ND got shockedInnocent  I wonder why she is  not asking for the links of those one line posts Tongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

why do u want me to ask??Undecided

Aditya
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I made a video of a place called bhooli bhatyari.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

ND So that you can have popcorn Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Aditya Foot in mouth

I am bad at counting. I assumed that those who post videos won't accompany it with text and pictures. Sealed So, I missed your video ( and probably many more ) Sealed

Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Ranjith: If you saw my entry then you should have added, "And I saw one WONDERFUL entry!" (Ha ha)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Micky I didn't read any entries. I was only searching for the coloured youtube play buttons Foot in mouthInnocentSealed

Razi
from Malappuram
10 years ago

You must read them Ranjith..Innocent

LockSign in to reply to this thread