Who wants to go to Melbourne?

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

And...it's your time to visit Melbourne NOW! Smile

New contest everyone, where everybody wins something, and two bloggers get to go on an all expense paid trip to Melbourne!

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=63

Replies 61 to 80 of 188 Descending
Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Melbourne is not just a city… but a city that converses with you! My post talks about the conversations I've had with a few other cities that I've visited... and how they all are excited to hear that I would possibly be visiting their friend: Melbourne!

Do read the post... and please, write your comment on my blog... thanks! :)

Indrani Ghose
Indrani Ghose
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I have posted mine too.

This was one contest I enjoyed a lot, it was like unfolding a mysterious city. The internet research on this made me more aware of the different sights to see. Truly a place worth visiting!

Smita Sahay
Smita Sahay
from Noida
11 years ago

Dear fellow in"divine"rs,

Whatever the poutcome, I loved writing for this contest....Smile!

My post is a conversation between a middle aged woman in her forties with her Uncle(aunt's husband). Her Aunt and he had visited Melbourne the previous year.

Its mostly the upper middle class families in India that can afford a trip to Melbourne (as per today's circumstances). A woman belonging to such a family, and of that age in India (and maybe elsewhere) always has to plan the holiday for her entire family, not just for herserlf.

Through the conversation, she finds enough for everyone in her family (a teenage son, a seven year old daughter, and a cricket loving, not-so-crazy-about-flowers husband) to do , in Melbourne and around it.

Melbourne tourism, I think, would love to welcome such a family, the varying interests of the different members of which will ensure that all that the city and nearabouts has to offer have been appropriately experienced

Although the contest does not depenbd on indivine votes, I would love to hear your comments on this post, thank you

Smita Sahay
Smita Sahay
from Noida
11 years ago

correction, line 2: 'outcome"....

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I loved the word poutcome....and definitely will read yours Cool

Ekta Khetan
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Pl do read my entry too.. Though I have never visited there but I tried to imagine it. I wrote this post from a point of view of a girl who is very young (in childhood) and is bed ridden...cannot walk n all..In her hearts of hearts, she always wanted to visit Melbourne and do all that fun the city brings to, all that culture, heritage, modern architecture and all... She probably can never travel but the author understanding her dreams and helplessness, wish to go there and bring some fond memories for her. Appreciate all feedbacks :)

Smita Sahay
from Noida
11 years ago

hmmn, "poutcome" will ensue in case I don't win...Smile!!

Ekta, I did read your entry....one thing's for sure, we are passionate bloggers, all...I found a lot of emotion behind all the experiences, liked the way you approached the topic thorugh your five senses, and I loved your blog's look (the picture of you is great!)..well, Good Luck to you for this one, 

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Awww...thats sooo sweet Smita...Blog rolling you right away! :)

Odyzz
from Gwalior
11 years ago

Hi Ekta,

Thanks a lot for visiting my blog ...and voting for my post ...would love to have your feedback too.. Smile

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Odyzz...done :)

ila johari
ila johari
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Dear indiblogger, i have submitted my post but cannot see it here.some glitch ,please add my entry for the contest http://thefleamarketqueen.blogspot.com/2012/09/melbourne-paradise-you-can-call-home.html

asteria is here..
asteria is here..
from mumbai
11 years ago

HI all,

As assumed I m probably the last n d laziest one to post for this submission.hope its worth your read.

regards

ratika

Smita Sahay
from Noida
11 years ago

Good good, last but not the least!....but I thought the contest was closing on the 14th......?

Smita Sahay
Smita Sahay
from Noida
11 years ago

Oh...just noticed....they revised the dates for submission......

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Just for the record, I too have posted my entry. But may not be worth a read for anyone except those who have already been reading me regularly.

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Its not true...you wrote well...now cheers Smile

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Thanks for the kind words, Ekta. But I did not write with the intention of seriously competing. Wrote just because my friends asked me not to miss a contest. (Have participated in all of them this year so far)

Chitra
Chitra
from Mumbai
11 years ago

can the dates be still revised :P

Nirvana
Nirvana
from Delhi
11 years ago

These contests will be the end of me, I tell you! Penned down such craziness in the name of a post, that when I read it myself I wanted to go get a license for a shotgun! How do you guys blog so beautifully - some of them were indeed well researched  (grumble grumble) and yet others damn innovative (grumble grumble again!)..... Anyway - may the best wo(man) win.... do read what God has in mind for the winner, in my post ;-)   - "Vacation fit for God" 

Renu Sethi
Renu Sethi
from Mumbai
11 years ago

i do...but i m not too sure abt me winning :D...done a lot of research on it.

The day i sell my story all d money is gonna go on that trip...:P

Rakesh Guha
Rakesh Guha
from Kolkata
11 years ago

I have an entry too!!! You Know! 

But I hate to advertise what I worte! :P 

Just Kidding! :| (NOOO!! )

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

If you have written a post, you need to talk about it. You don't have to go around with a trumpet and advertise surely... but unless you mention it on forums and facebook and twitter and groups, no one will ever know it exists. However, talking about a post also does not mean that a person goes over-board and starts nagging all channels with repeated and similar promotional updates at an unnerving rate. One must understand where to draw the line between subtle mentions and gross nagging, so to say.

Now, this should hopefully lead you to click on my name... reach for my posts... and read what I've written on a proposed Melbourne trip! :)

asteria is here..
asteria is here..
from mumbai
11 years ago

Arvind sir,

somehow I have started reading your comments on these forum more than i read your articles,may be because this indiblogging is a novelty for me and your comments are powerpacked with a lot of information about the site.

Nevertheless I read your melborne post as well...and Its 1 of the few write ups I enjoyed reading.

regards,

Ratika.

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Thank you 'asteria'... comments have the advantage of just a few words and a whole world of meaning! They are like short poems that pack in them a heavy punch. Thank you for your kind words.

asteria, really supe post there.

Nirvana
Nirvana
from Delhi
11 years ago

@Rakesh ... hmmmm.... you already did advertise with your statement there :-)

@Arvind ... Completely agree! There is nothing wrong with letting people know what you've written - as long as it remains a subtle nudge.

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Yes, Meena... so long as the nudges don't start happening too many times! :) I have a group on FB (The Real Fiction) and I know how stressful it is to see the same or a similar update popping up twice a day for days together... specially when all that the update is doing is selling some useless novel penned by that person.

superb godly penning.

Sushmit Mustafi
Sushmit Mustafi
from New Delhi
11 years ago

I wrote something about Melbourne too; I had exams till the 18th, so couldn't start before 9pm that day :)

So I had to write whatever came to my mind, within a span of 2-3 hours. With so many brilliant entries, I don't really see any chance of actually winning any of the prizes, but please let me know what you think. Thanks :)

Ankita Sinha
from Bangalore
11 years ago

All the best for your exam results and the contest result as well!

very well written sushmit

Renu Sethi
Renu Sethi
from Mumbai
11 years ago

@arvind sir,

Well frankly, i thought u were pretty rude, softer tone would have worked better.....but u did manage to get attention from two of d bloggers 1. asteria and second mine.... yeah read ur melbourne post...pretty interesting.

Renu Sethi
Renu Sethi
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Regarding advertizing your post...i don't mind heavy-dose publicity.... i think its cool.. in the age of competition, where people don't even look at u even if you're standing on ur head.. or say, you're the best writer around( i m not talking abt myself here).... u need to get down and dirty.... moreover anykind of publicity...is a good publicity....so "LAGE RAHO"

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Hi there Renu... Ah! Melbourne will surely be a lovely escape point from your bosses and the all the the nagging aspects of life! Liked the sing-song sentences of the poem... and the post was short and crisp and to-the-point.All the best for the contest!

...and I may be point-blank at times but I try not to be rude ever. But then a wrong choice of words can easily turn intent into something what was never intended.

Renu, very impressive writeup.

Renu Sethi
from Mumbai
11 years ago

@Arvind sir, 

Thank you very much. You are a who's who here. Compliment coming from u...is like wow :-D...hoping u did compliment...:-P

Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
11 years ago

I fully agree with you here. In order to get yourself noticed I guess there is lot more to do instead of just only penning down an intriguing post. 

Ankita Sinha
Ankita Sinha
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I tried my best at http://www.ankionthemove.com/2012/09/india-melbourne-connect-and-my-best.html , post your comments folks.I know my tone of writing anything is not very formal,but I really really need your suggestions or improvements to help me do better for the next indiblogger travel contest if any.And do check my videos too,made it over a week,somehow managed to make it as decent as possible.Somehow I feel videos don't make a difference to the post,but I lack the perfect writing skills,and its the only way to convey.All bloggers most welcome to my blog :)

Ankita Sinha
from Bangalore
11 years ago

We can't post a link here,can we?New to indiblogger,not regular.Was just going through forums after 3 months,and this is my second forum post,and now I realise there are no link posts here.Anyways,wat's done is done.Can't c a delete option anywhere.I win or I lose,just want to improve,so guys welcome to my blog,and help me do that :)

Odyzz
from Gwalior
11 years ago

I went through your post ..you have expressed yourself beautifully... pee into mine whenever you have time

Odyzz
from Gwalior
11 years ago

see how the the typo can be disastrous..* peep

Rakesh Guha
Rakesh Guha
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Okay I wasn't trying to specify anyone (and nor will I ) , but you see @Arvind that only a few people understand the fine line between subtle mentions and writing paragraphs on and on about their post. And anyways I think if you promote your whole blog (and not a single post) while concentrating on your SEO it gets you good traffic... in turn gets you comments and likes, since self promotion is not allowed... Anyways, it was just a subtle nudge that everyone was going in the wrong direction... or at least leaning towards that! :P  

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

You're right... nudges make a lot happen!

Now see... there are so many reading so many posts. Isn't this simply great?

LockSign in to reply to this thread