Snazzyawi
from Mumbai
9 years ago

didn't participated in this one ....Cool

Sammya Brata
Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Hmmm....at the end of the contest, I would like to ask Renie to take up this sample (approx 200) and find out the relative percentage of Yes and No. Should bring out quite a revealing picture. Of course, the age of the 'respondents' (read bloggers) do matter as well if we want to draw an inference!!

As far as I read, some staunch No's, most "who cares"

For the most part, I kept going round and round and round and round, beating around the bush.Then in last 200 words, wrote - it's a personal choice. Tongue out Tongue outThough the video I have added is hilarious.  Laughing

what a hilarious video clip. 32 votes as per latest tally and top post slab while mine is still at a big Zero. 

Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Hahaha...of course, it has to be a personal choice, you cannot randomly float a question on social media and if people say "Ok go for it" then only you'll do it :D

thanks RP, for the vote.

Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
9 years ago

Welcome Rio. I concur with what you wrote, on similar lines about what I wrote about Khajuraho temples. Smile

Yes, that I added just some hours before the closure of contest when I couldn't write second post, I thought to better spruce up old post a bit. 

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

My first post is also lost in oblivion.  Frown Yell It took me a long time to figure out how to approach this topic and what points should be included and then it took some hard work to write it down. Frown 

Tried to have a balance between personal opinion and a generalized view which people have. Tongue out

SUJATA TAWDE
SUJATA TAWDE
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Strange ! So for , I have received 9 Indimails . Kind of " How could you .... ? " . Why have not they posted those as comments on my blog-post ? And more importantly , none of them have read my post till the end , or they would have known my own point of view. 

Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
9 years ago

9 Indimails!!!!!!! Surprised

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

At least you know that many people read your post. Most of the entries hardly even got that much of visitors. Innocent

SUJATA TAWDE
from Mumbai
9 years ago

@Gaurab , Many visited the post , 9 of them sent Indimails . Well they are not exactly hate-mails but they are discouraging. Hardly a few voted for my post. Only Rio De La Sciocco commented ( positively + Promptly ) Thank u so much Rio.

Parichita
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Indimails? Do reveal the contents of those mails in a blogpost.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

I wanna read too...

Ashu
Ashu
from kolkata
9 years ago

Hipocrites strikes... so many "No"?  cross your  heart n ask again.... n blog.. SealedSealedSealed

Purujeet
Purujeet
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I posted my submission for the contest yesterday but I cannot see it on IndiStatus! What could be the reason? 

http://sfscient.wordpress.com/2014/12/21/trying-too-hard-for-it/

Could you please check why it is not appearing on this list?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

You have submitted directly to IndiVine instead of using the Submit button on the contest page.

Contact IB here asking to move your post to the contest. 

200 posts !!!!..just read some of them. Nice to see that the topic has succeeded to whet the interest of so many bloggers.....Smile

thanks for gracing my blogpost.

Welcome :-)

SUJATA TAWDE
SUJATA TAWDE
from Mumbai
9 years ago

@Ragini , Yes. It's bizarre. The tone of all those mails is same " How could u write that ? we never expected this from u ...   " . This is the 1st time I have received Indimails for the post. Almost always , I receive votes and sometimes comments on the post itself. 

No one IMd me.... I guess my post was not unexpected!

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Make them Public Tongue out Foot in mouth

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I want to read those IM's Foot in mouth

Dr Ryan Fernandes
Dr Ryan Fernandes
from Mangalore
9 years ago

So somebody managed to get in the 201st entry much after the deadline :-S

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Sometimes few people submit the entries to Indivine by mistake, any of those entries which is submittted before deadline might have been included. Innocent

I read a comment from a blogger in last page of this thread only about his post going to Indivine, he might be the lucky one. Wink (Just guessing)

SUJATA TAWDE
SUJATA TAWDE
from Mumbai
9 years ago

@Gaurab , @Ranjith :  Your replies have bolstered my confidence. People must not expect the journalist to be modest , coy , conservative , POLITICALLY CORRECT.

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Yes, if someone doesn't agree that's fine but people can't impose their opinion on others.Smile

Further, the answer to your question that why they sent mails rather than writing comments is that they already know they are wrong somewhere in imposing their opinion.Innocent

HR
HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

I'm not sure she cares about winner, really.

But we are caring for the gift / vouchers Foot in mouth

What I have read of the book, I wish I hadnt.

I am lucky then Smile.

It did prompt me to write a post.... which is a first for Indiblogger. I did not enter the post into the contest, of course.

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

You are very smart Smile.

Deepika
Deepika
from Bangalore
9 years ago

OMG!!!!

Preeti Chauhan
Preeti Chauhan
from Delhi
9 years ago

Congrats ,Nandini.

Do tell us how was the book  ,if and when you finish reading the book 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

Sure Laughing

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

If u wrote for contest..ull get it too

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Mumbai courier service is fast it seems... haven't got this book.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

Maybe cos it came from Bombay itself..andheri to be precise 

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Andheri means 'dark'Tongue out Wink

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

yea..but its a bright enough suburb in bombay

I too got the book just now..

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Same 1084 pages?

Sumit Surai
from Calcutta , Kolkata
9 years ago

"Same 1084 pages?"

- Best comment of this topic Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Hafeezur Rahman I think some pages are missing in the copy which Swarna got Tongue out

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

R, I hope she didn't missed most important and attractive photo pages Wink!

Vaishnavie K
Vaishnavie K
from Chennai
9 years ago

Got the book too.. I guess it will take ages to complete it.

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

it will take ages to complete it.

What is the use of reading / completing it after old ages Wink

LockSign in to reply to this thread