Contest: The Perfect Road Trip!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Describe your idea of the perfect road trip. You can choose your car, your companions, the route and the destination. The most memorable road trips win Samsung Galaxy S4s!

Smile

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=83

Replies 61 to 80 of 234 Descending
Aravind Bachu
Aravind Bachu
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Woah!....I almost missed the deadline, and they have extended it! Way to go Indiblogger! . I am still in competition!!

Sangeeta Sharma
Sangeeta Sharma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Umm...can I ask a question..? I added the link to ambipur at the end as part of the sentence which says "this is an entry for Indiblogger and ambipur's the perfect road trip". Is it mandatory to include a link to ambipur in the midst of the post itself? 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

u can add it anywhere, but yes u have to add a link to make your entry valid

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

No, not necessary. One link somewhere in the post ( be it the middle or the end ) is sufficient. 

Sangeeta Sharma
Sangeeta Sharma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks! Phew...took a load off my mind Laughing

Punit Dubey
Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

Unable to complete the post :( :'(

Sammya Brata
Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Well, I did submit my post on the "originally set" deadline....I won't be modifying it further...*learning from experience*

Cheers!

Sakshi Nanda
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Me neither Sammya. I submitted it because it was ready. Re-edits will only mean I'm getting "inspired" by what I see. I've not even hidden it. If someone wants to copy-paste, they  know they should not be writing anyway and should be making music like Anu Malik. Wink What learning from experience do you mean though?

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

I am stuck at a point, ~600 wrods done but now my mind refuses to let me write any new word, just unable to complete what I started...May be I will try later and post it otherwise and not for contest

Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

@Sakshi: By experience, I meant "the drawings" from the last contest Wink

I have always submitted deliverables to the client well before time, same follows here. However, I SIMPLY hate people borrowing ideas, hence reverted "to draft" last night. P.S. Should I "peep" into your entry? haha!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@Sammya You can edit the post till the new deadline. Smile

@ Punit Give an abrupt ending like I did for the WeChat contest. Wink By the way, my completed posts are just around 600-700 words. Innocent

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

@Ranjith I was trying to build up a romantic story around a day trip...But I got so involved with the NaNoWriMo writeup that unable to put any mood, at least satisfying myself, to this Trip story...

Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

I guess it's tough, but I'll resist myself...I am satisfied with my effort and won't indulge in further modifications.... I have seen pretty ordinary entries (as per my judgement) making a cut into the winning list. It's not about our perception, that much I understand! 

Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

And is 600 some sort of a bench-mark? ;) Why's this figure coming in through those replies? Hmm ;)

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

Has someone else lost the track at 600?Sealed

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

My track ended at 600. Wink

Sakshi Nanda
Sakshi Nanda
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Sammya, please be my guest. :D That's why it's out there. :D

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Putting contest entries in draft mode appears to be the new trend. :P

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

I remember How the guys who submitted their practical copy late in class though have best copies - no errors and cuts as all copied from industrious guys - never got the best score! :)

I am still to figure out statistically whether posting late helps anyways? Guess, this Contest will have answers...

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

We have to submit all our practical copies at once and many copy from me. Undecided

I am still to figure out statistically whether posting late helps anyways?

Let's hope that the result turns out positive. Wink

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

Wouldn't be good for Indi if the results turn out positive...they'll have to keep on extending the dates Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

:)).

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Date extended again to 26th. My post is enjoying its peace in the draft folder Smile

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

as long as they dont extend after i submit...they can keep extending till eternity, i dont mindLaughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Same here Nandini. Laughing

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hey @Nandini I have already read your post via GFC! You reverted it back to draft right? Wink

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

whats GFC?? I reverted pretty quick, surprised you read so fast,Surprised i had published by mistake so changed it to draft. i've not submitted it though......how does one read thru GFC??

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Nandini. You are using GFC without knowing what it is. The followers gadget on the right is GFC ( Google Friedn Connect ) . When someone follows your blog, they see it on their blogger dashboard. 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

ranjith...i didnt know post landed on their dashboard as soon as i publishSurprised i had changed it to draft quickly...Surprised

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Bloggers and Renie are playing hide and seek. Renie doesn't want to close the contest until enough entries are received and bloggers ( At Least me, Nandini and a few others ) don't want to submit their entries until the contest closes. Innocent

Now, I feel that keeping the contest deadline and entries visibility date the same has caused this problem. Sealed

Ponnappa
Ponnappa
from Bangalore
10 years ago

This contest is not closing and COLGATE contest is not declaring the results!!! SIGH!!!Yell

Punit Dubey
Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

I have seen just one video and was really  inspired to write something about it, will try to submit at least one post...

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

You posted in the wrong thread. Ambi will get anger. Tongue out

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

Aila Tongue out

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

You guys are such fun! Ha ha! Laughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Aila Aila  Laughing

I don't know what Aila means. But liked it, so using it. Wink

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

@R Aila!Surprised 

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

Arre @ranjith haven't you seen that Epic Comedy movie Andaz Apna Apna, in a scene Amir Khan asks Govinda: Aila, Govinda? And, Govinda answers Chamaila, Tu kaun? :P

Well, Aila is a famous marathi exclamatory remark...

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@Punit I don't understand Hindi well. I watch only Telugu movies. Laughing

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

Ohkay, my roommate is big fan of Telugu movies (with subtitles)...

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Happy that a non-Telugu person likes Telugu Movies Laughing

AilaCool Date has been extended again to 26th.

Still I am to start writing my entry for this contest.

I hope this will be the one extenstion of deadline. Smile

In my above reply replace last line: one by only. Cool

@Ranjith: I think you they are waiting for your post. Don't post it till we all the participants post our entries because as soon as you will submit your post, they will stop entending the deadline. Tongue outCoolSealed

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@Pravin :))

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Pravin - I think you want to extend the deadline for eternityInnocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

:)).

Punit Dubey
Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

Recieved the sample...gifted it to car pool partner  :)

k2
from Bengaluru
10 years ago

I havn't got it yet Yell

I didn't get my sample till now even though applies a month back. However, I have submitted my entry without using the sample in my car during the trip. Had I used it chances of getting Samsung phone would have been brighter or better

Thank goodness, extended again

@ Akash KB: No I want it to be extended till I sumbit my entry Tongue out.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Participating in a contest after a long time, excited! Cool All the very best to everyone, looking forward to reading the perfect ideas of of all. Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Arti, is your post enjoying its draft mode? Laughing 

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

My post is enjoying my scissor mode, and I am myself not sure where I am taking it. Undecided

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Arti - No matter whatever modes you're going through. Your final mode (destination) should be IndiBlogger for submissionMoney mouth

Shilpi Dutta
Shilpi Dutta
from delhi
10 years ago

The perfectroad trip is yet to happen!!! A fictional post in my case!

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I've written a true story from my future lifeInnocent

They will surely extend the deadline if Ranjith does not submit his entry for the contest. Sealed

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I wrote two posts. Will write two more. So, if the deadline doesn't get extended before today night, I will have to submit one post today itself. Undecided

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Now talking about deadlines, did the 'Straight Hair' contest have a deadline mentioned on the contest page or was it simply closed at the end of December? Innocent

LockSign in to reply to this thread