WeChat with Anyone, Anywhere!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Who's in the mood to get creative? Smile We've got a new contest up, with some drool-worthy prizes. Let us know if you have any questions!

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=81

I'm betting Ranjith has already created a thread on this contest by now. Laughing

Replies 61 to 80 of 387 Descending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

The first winner of the twitter contest announced.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

I never wanted any cat to p****er my inside home orientation on the venture of chasing a mouse.... even that's the reason I left those MS 365 mice for others Undecided

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Me too! Tongue out

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

for what good reason IB found my innocent word (p l u n d e r) as abbusive??? Yell

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

The censor-bot is too sensitive - stealing is bad. Undecided

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

@ Bot: get a life dude Undecided

Sumit Nangia
from Pune
10 years ago

When will this first winner get to play NFS with that Naga Hex. Seriously awaiting its dispatch !!!!!!!!!!

Praveesh
Praveesh
from Trivandrum
10 years ago

Awesome contest :) Such ideas will make you think and come out with creative ouputs :) I really Liked the idea :)

@ranjith, I haven't seen any one so active in any of the forums/such community sites :) You rock bro :)

@ranjith, can we promote our WeChat article or Is it against the rule of this contest?

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Against the rules. You will be banned.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing

You can't promote it on the forum but you can promote it on your blog, facebook page etc. But votes / likes do not not decide the winners.

Ashreya
Ashreya
from vishakaptinam
10 years ago

if the link is still open can i submit now?? :)

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

yes.

The last date for submission is 15 June and the blogs also will be displayed on that day. So it is still open and allow your imagination fly high

Ashreya
Ashreya
from vishakaptinam
10 years ago

oh i thought it was only till 5th.. :)  infact colgate contest link is still active. where the last date was yesterday. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

You can submit as long as the submit link is active regardless of whether the last date has arrived or not. Sealed

They can't reject an entry saying that it was submitted after the deadline. It is their job to deactivate the link. Cool

Praveesh
Praveesh
from Trivandrum
10 years ago

@renie, we should have a "Like" button for the comments here.. I feel like "liking" few comments here :D

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

If we install this app, do we get friend requests from imaginary and dead people?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

For a moment, I thought that you were asking a serious question.

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

TF: No, we are supposed to send them requestsInnocent I think

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Requests to imaginary and dead people? Surprised

Pooja
from Nagpur
10 years ago

I'll be super freaked out if I get requests from imaginary and dead people ... But that's just me ... Don't know about you ...

Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Well... imagining of getting friend request from imaginary/dead ppl would be cool... 

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

is the deadline extended??? Laughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

What makes you think so. The deadline was 15th right from the beginning. Innocent

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

he is pulling someone's leg Wink

seems, he was once a  kabaddi player 

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Undecided

Murtaza Ali
Murtaza Ali
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Dear Renie/IndiBlogger Team,

URGENT Plagiarism Complaint

I would like to start by congratulating the entire Indiblogger team for the great effort that it has been putting. I would like to take this opportunity to raise a very serious issue here which has plagued the entire blogging universe. Yes, I am talking of plagiarism! I feel that there should not be any place for a thing as heinous as plagiarism... as far as the blogging arena is concerned. We all take inspiration from each other but that doesn't mean we will start shamelessly copying ideas of a fellow blogger... that too an IndiBlogger. While I have noticed certain lazy bloggers (who want to portray themselves as prolific by increasing their productivity based on the hard work done by others... and they are not even aware of the seriousness attached to the offence because of the lack of awareness) trying to copy the works of others on several occasions, today I would like to raise my voice against one particular instance which has severely hurt my pride as an IndiBlogger. Now, I would not be naming anyone (for it would be below my dignity to pinpoint towards a fellow Indiblogger publicly) but I will leave enough evidence for the IndiBlogger team to figure it out.

This very incident pertains to the WeChat with Anyone, Anywhere! contest conducted by Indiblogger (and that's why I am posting in this very thread). On the 4th of June around 1:40 pm, I finished posting my contest article on my wordpress blog "Murtaza Unplugged". It would have taken me a hour or so more to fine tune it futher and submit it on the contest page on IndiBlogger. The theme that I had chosen was Freedom Fighters.  I had based my write up around 5 (+2) personalities viz. Bhagat Singh... along with Sukhdev and Rajguru, Chandra Shekhar Azad, Subhas Chandra Bose, Mahatma Gandhi and Muhammad Ali Jinnah (and I had my ressons why I chose them and I have mentioned them in the article). I just discovered that another IndiBlogger has chosen freedom fighters as his theme. I thought that it would have been a mere coincidence but obvioulsy it wasn't the case. This fellow has been smart enough to do a bit of tweaking to my original article but where he actually gave it away was when he opted for 6 distinct personalities... and 4 of them exactly matched with mine (Bhagat Singh, Subhas Chandra Bose, Mahatma Gandhi and Muhammad Ali Jinnah) . And not only that things that he have mnetioned in the paragraphs talking about them also seem to match the framework my article. Anyone who compares the two articles would be able to spot the similarities... they are too obvious. And the publishing timings for the article too seem to have been tampered (it can be easily done from the setting panel)... the article shows a time which is about 20 minutes prior to my publishing time. But, I am sure that the submission time for this article on the Indiblogger page would have been much later than mine.

Now, I brought this up not becasue of any personal grudge (I am deeply disturbed none the less) but because I think that such things can pose severe deterents to bloggers who work really hard to come up with original write ups and then these opportunists end up usurping itk. This is not one odd case that can be ignored... but there are hundreds of instances that go unnoticed. It's high time that we do something to protect the interests of the entire blogging fraternity. So, I not only request you to look into this particular case but I also entreat you and the entire IndiBlogger team to come up with strict guidelines against plagiarism (and similar practices that violate other bloggers' interests) so that much needed balance can be restored. 

Highest Regards,

Murtaza Ali

Ankita
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Murtaza have faith in Indiblogger Team :)     They may have the track record of first come posts. Even if your idea is been stolen, don't worry. Judges will make fair decision I believe :) . Don't loose hope. 

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

@Murtaza, this is very unfortunate. Maybe you should bring this to Indipolice's notice. They might not be keeping track of this thread.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I understand your problem but contacting Renie / IndiTeam directly will be more helpful as they [ probably ] do not keep track of forum threads frequently. 

aashish rai
from Gurugram
10 years ago

Murtaza bhai jaan, You will see that 50+ posts will contain the same people you have chosen. All of us thinks the same way, adores the same people. I know that you are referring to me but let me assure me that I haven't read your blog till today after reading this urgent notice. Our thinking patters might be same but the topics on which you have written is totally different from what I have said. I too researched the people's biography on wikipedia before writing as I am not an expert of their lives so quotes or historical facts remains same. you are the one of my very first Indiblogger friends & due to you only I learnt how to make domain, which other directories to follow etc etc How can I ditch you buddy? If you say and other fellow bloggers say that it's copy pasted then I will delete the post immediately. I have written 3 more posts on Wechat all on different themes.  I can't afford to lose a friend like you due to this competition. Thanks

aashish rai
from Gurugram
10 years ago

Thanks a lot guys! Everything sorted out with the help of one of your friend and fellow blogger - Aditya Pranav and in today's meet with Ali bhai talking face to face. It was just that his anger vented on me due to certain issues he faced of plagarism in his studies whereas it was just pure coincidence that our topic matched. Contents as earlier mentioned still is differnet as we have wrote on different themes. Thanks all, I regained my first Indiblogger friend again! :-) Right Murtaza?

Murtaza Ali
Murtaza Ali
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks for those kind words of motivation... I appreciate it very much!!!Smile

Ankita
from New Delhi
10 years ago

goodluck :)

KAKOLLU SURESH
KAKOLLU SURESH
from VIJAYAWADA
10 years ago

Hi...All...iam eagerly waiting for the results Smile .Waiting is the hardest thing for us sometimes na..!!

Prasanna Rao
Prasanna Rao
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I just submitted my entry now, and it went through smoothly. Had fun with this one Laughing

Murtaza Ali
Murtaza Ali
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I never pointpointed anyone and so I haven't the foggiest why the guilty party is trying to defend himself in the open. And obviously I have no intentions of castigating any individual on this esteemed forum. I am not against any person or individual. What I am against is plagiarism. Now, I know that there are hundreds of original thinkers out there but I also know that there are a few shifty individuals who in the hope of stealing limelight from these creative souls end up (out of habit) indulging in such lowly conduct.

This ultmately jolts the pride of the authentic/genuine bloggers, often demotivaing them from participating actively in the future events (I personally am having second thoughts about participating in any upcoming blogging contests/events until certain stringent guidelines are introduced against such malpractices). And since there are no stringent guidelines against plagiarism the perpetrator continues to go about his regular shady business hurting more such novel souls.  So, I once implore the IndiBlogger team (and also fellow IndiBloggers) to come up with stringent guidelines to curb and eradaicate this evil of plagiarism so that the honest and hardworking bloggers stop worrying about such malpractices and can solely focus on their writing.     

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

@Murtaza, I agree with you cent per cent about the bane of plagiarism and that the onus is on indiblogger to ensure that copycat entries are not entertained and habitual offenders are banned.

My question is what is a 'Novel soul'?

Praveesh
Praveesh
from Trivandrum
10 years ago

@Murtaza Ali, I perfectly agree with what you said. It takes lot of time and effort to post a good article. It really hurts when someone steals it and gets appreciation Embarassed Samething happened with me last time when I wrote #OriginalCopy experience. Its so sad to say that an IndiBlogger stole the images which I designed with lot of efforts for that article Cry It can be easily found out with a Google search by image. The theme of #OriginalCopy meet was about bieng Original. That guy just stole my designs without even giving a credit Cry 

Praveesh
from Trivandrum
10 years ago

Indiblogger gave him Prize also Yell

Murtaza Ali
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@Praveesh: I can understand how difficult it would have been for you, mate! That's precisely the reason why I raised the issue. I myself have been a victim of plagiarism on more than one occasion and many bloggers in my circle too have tasted it at some point or the other. And while all the top publications of the world have stringent guidelines against plagiarism, it's sad that we so far have no concrete means to keep a check on it as far as blogging is concerned. And among the various evis that are plaguing the blogging universe, plagiarsim is the most vitriolic (take the case of spamming, for example... it's quite irritating and often intolerable, I agree but at least it doesn't hurt one psychlogicallly like plagiarism does). I, for one, will think hundred times before taking part in any blogging competition (unless proper guidelines are in place... and there are several tools available to catch the guily party... and of course there is google to authenticate the posts). I mean what's the point when someone too smart and clever ends up usurping all your hard work. And since this person has excess to all the available posts (that's what they are on the lookout for... all day long) they can actually come up with a superior posts by blending the content of various different posts... and it all hardly takes few minutes for these opportunistic individuals. 

I think that the onus is upon all of us (bloggers) and the IndiBlogger Team to spread awareness about plagiarsim and its ill-effects. We need strong guidelines to keep a check on plagiarsim and similar malpractices... and we need to act now!!!

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Please mail Renie with details of the pictures. Action will be taken.

vaisakhi mishra
from thane
10 years ago

totally agree with Ankita...this coping of work happens maximum in case of competitions...indiblogger grp need to read the posts on 1st come basis...i dont know what actually happens during the judging...but only 1st come babis post read seems fair..Innocent

Ankita
Ankita
from New Delhi
10 years ago

well, in that case Indiblogger should keep the record of first come basis posts, so that a fair deal can happen. 

Murtaza Ali
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Yes... also the use of proper plagiarsim tools (and methods) is a must. 

Ayushi Bhatia
from Faridabad
10 years ago

Yeah, either that, or bloggers shouldn't be allowed to see each other's posts in the fashion that they are shown here, and they also shouldn't ne allowed to edit posts once they've been published. No name taking on my part, but I've seen a couple or two doing the exact same thing that I've put so much thought into, but in a different manner.

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

@AB: IB can't stop someone from editing his BS/WP etc or self hosted blogs instead what they can do is - getting the matter stored in their system and evaluation to be done on  the same only. 

In this case ,even if a blogger does a change it shall not affect the evaluation process.

But this thing is not an easy job to do.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

they shouldn't be allowed to edit posts once they've been published

Why? Innocent 

Ayushi Bhatia
from Faridabad
10 years ago

To avoid people from coying our ideas, basically plaigiarism.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Now, if editing is not allowed ( which is practically infeasible ) don't you think that people who want to copy will submit at the last after taking the best from every article.

Now, it is easy to say whether a post is copied or not but I feel that no one will be able to strongly say whether an idea is a copied one or not, except in very few cases.

Praveesh
Praveesh
from Trivandrum
10 years ago

@The Fool :) Its Ok. Past is Past. Lets make the future safe :) 

Murtaza Ali
from New Delhi
10 years ago

That's precisely the point... I am least concerned about the past happenings... what I am truly worried about is the future!!! :-)

Rahul
from Bengaluru
10 years ago

That's a noble intent , but plagiarism has no place amongst the blogger community. You could possibly save other bloggers from suffering in the future . Please do follow it up and bring it to a just conclusion. 

Tathagata Roy
Tathagata Roy
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Finally a contest which seems interesting and is pulling be back to IniBlogger from my deep lazy slumber Laughing. Would love to take part in this one

aashish rai
aashish rai
from Gurugram
10 years ago

@Murtaza bhai jaan, I hope you are happy now as everything sorted out. You can now release me from being charged guilty of Plagiarism and tweaking with the posts etc (You gonna be Sherlock Holmes one day...) . As I told you, it was just a mere coincidence of having the same choice of people and our blog posts are different on different themes. Thanks a lot to get you back again as my first Indiblogger friend. Congrats on winning prizes today in gurgaon meet! It was great to have you in my team!

Murtaza Ali
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@Rahul: I couldn't have agreed more. Plagiarism indeed has no place in the blogging world and the onus is upon us all to spread awareness about its ill-effects.

@Aashish Rai: There is no question of vindicating anyone as I had not tried to incriminate anyone in the first place. As I had said earlier, this crusade is against no individual in particular but on the contrary it's a fight against the menace of plagiarism. And I entreat all the bloggers to join me in this crusade. 

P. S. Thanks a lot for all those lovely wishes!!!

aashish rai
aashish rai
from Gurugram
10 years ago

Thanks a lot! Let's fight against Plagiarism then as a team!

Ayushi Bhatia
Ayushi Bhatia
from Faridabad
10 years ago

I've never worked this hard for a contest before. Its 3.30 in the morning and I still am thinking how to conclude my post.

Hope you people like it and relate to my choice of characters. I've introduced a comic angle for the first time in any of the posts on my blog :) Nervous for the response but equally excited ;)

Will publish in a day or two :)

Renie, this one really needs imagination and creativity. Thanks for this :)

Will surely check out your post, once it is live
Swati Nitin Gupta
Swati Nitin Gupta
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I have already submitted my first entry. Can I submit one more with other people because the more I think of talking and connecting with someone the more number of names come in my little head.

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

as many as you can Cool

Sure,

LockSign in to reply to this thread