Nihal Lazarus
Nihal Lazarus
from Bengaluru
5 years ago

New Lufthansa contest... Have fun folks!  Smile

https://www.indiblogger.in/drive/theblindlist

Replies 61 to 64 of 64 Descending

Dear Srinivasan,

Yes… I am dejected at my entries not being a part of the winning list…but I am not complaining at that.

I don’t claim my entries to be super special and most deserving for a win but my concern is just about how the words used to propagate the contest should have had a reflection on the decisions made for winning list.  

Yes…I know that people have been in my shoes but generally they prefer to keep mum against any aberration lest they might be labeled as an outlaw or ill-cultured person. I hope that by expressing myself I have not broken any canons of civilized ways of expression.

Anyways, glad to know that you didn’t mean unpleasant things about me. After all the camaraderie should not be the casualty even if the discussion pattern tends to be on not- that- pleasant line.

Dear Srinivasan,

Yes… I am dejected at my entries not being a part of the winning list…but I am not complaining at that.

I don’t claim my entries to be super special and most deserving for a win but my concern is just about how the words used to propagate the contest should have had a reflection on the decisions made for winning list.  

Yes…I know that people have been in my shoes but generally they prefer to keep mum against any aberration lest they might be labeled as an outlaw or ill-cultured person. I hope that by expressing myself I have not broken any canons of civilized ways of expression.

Anyways, glad to know that you didn’t mean unpleasant things about me. After all the camaraderie should not be the casualty even if the discussion pattern tends to be on not- that- pleasant line.

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
5 years ago

Wow, I wrote a true story with real pictures. I knew I wasn't gonna hit the upper prize but really? Not even the bottom ones? 

Rather than running contests, just run Indione projects where people who submit their blogs get approved and gets a quote for their work based on the site's rankings if and when submitted in time. Obviously, most people are doing this to get commercial out of it. Wasn't that the point Indiblogger has that metric score thing? It's not fair on people who wrote their real-life experiences and didn't even get the bottom prize. Thanks for reminding me why I should stay out of such contests. 

I didn't check if any of them are plagiarists. Because when plagiarists from the review section were reported, the admins didn't do anything. People should just be on a lookout. 

Sitharaam Jayakumar
Sitharaam Jayakumar
from Kochi
5 years ago

Even I could not bring myself to believe that I did not win even a special mention. I made it a point to read many of the winning entries. And I guess where I slipped up was perhaps in the relevance criteria. I don't see my entries having any other problem. I guess that happens when the topic is open-ended and interpretation is subjective. It all boils down to what the judges finally expect and what is most appropriate as per the judges take on things. Anyway, I am okay with the results. You win some, you lose some. This one simply was not meant for me to win. So heads up those who have not made it. Let us wait for the next one and perhaps it will be our turn to win. Who knows!

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
5 years ago

One of the three posts that I had written for this contest was based on Malgudi by R K and was quite literally breast-stroking its way through seas of imagination. The post did not win anything, so I guess the judges were the sort who have read only official memos and other non-imaginative jottings on files. :)

Deeshani Batra
Deeshani Batra
from Chandigarh
5 years ago
Has anyone received their cash prize yet?
Nisha
Nisha
from Lucknow
5 years ago

Not me. 

Pri
Pri
from Goa
5 years ago

Nope. Not yet! 

Pri
Pri
from Goa
5 years ago

Has anyone received their winning cash amount yet? 

Meenhaz Imran
from Kolkata
5 years ago

not yet

Bindumadhavi P
Bindumadhavi P
from Hyderabad
5 years ago

where do i find the winners list?

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
5 years ago

Visit this link: https://www.indiblogger.in/drive/theblindlist

and once you are on the page, just as the header image ends, you will find "Winners" right beside "#TheBlindList"

Isn't this taking longer than usual? Any updates on the prize money, Nihal? 

Aditi Kapur
from Faridabad
5 years ago

I received the prize money in my account after TDS deduction. Please check your account. The sender is Scissor Paper Stone.

Nandhini Chandrasekaran
from Chennai
5 years ago

Thanks for the info Aditi. Just checked, received mine too. It has become a habit to expect something through the email :) 

Pri
Pri
from Goa
5 years ago

I haven't received mine yet. When did you guys get it? 

Have the others received it too? 

Pri
from Goa
5 years ago

Just received mine (after TDS deduction) too. 'Scissor paper stone' reminded me of Rock-Paper-Scissors 😁

LockSign in to reply to this thread