Contest: Indian General Elections 2014 with social mobile apps!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

New contest people! Smile

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=96

Note: You'll notice a line in the sidebar about the taxes. We spoke to WeChat, and this only applies to the winner of the first prize. If the winner of the first prize does not wish to pay the tax for the TV, he/she can get the prize value of the TV (after deduction) as cash.

Replies 81 to 100 of 160 Descending
Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Now the bloggers face a exceptional task of asking votes for themselves for their voting article Innocent

Higher voting for blogs may not be able to win prizes just like winning elections. Here quality only win rather than quantity of votes. Thats the difference in Indiblogger contest and General ElectionsCry

Mohit
Mohit
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Friends one question for everyone...I mostly try to write unique ideas and good content for most of the contests but I see people making use of images more....So for winning contests good images and sketches are must or amazing content can also be enough??? Some of the entries are really amazing..Making use of bollywood dialogues..too much creativity....

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

So for winning contests good images and sketches are must or amazing content can also be enough?

It depends on the judges. Some judges get attracted by images and sketches while some look for good content. Unless the results are out, you won't know what is the best type of post for a contest. Innocent If you look at the results of the previous contest, you will also find contest where the winning entries had no images. Laughing

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

only judges can answer that...

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Giving prizes to entries on basis of mere sketches and drawings is big blow to the word "blogging contest". Blogging aka weblog is more about writing than showing ur paintings here unless backed by an equally good content. I liked Tata Safari contest wherein they specified that there will be separate prizes for video and picture based posts.

This is one reason why I seriously request indiblogger team to keep the entries visible so that we can see if people have created sketch, we should not waste our time writing for that contest caus I don't have that quality to draw and sketch. Judgement as the word says is completely subjective to person to person. History has that content with drawings wins the contest- blogging or even educational exams.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

safari contest win was sketch too though it had seperate sketch/video thing,,,,,

most sketches are easy as they are made on apps...just download the right ones

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

This is one reason why I seriously request indiblogger team to keep the entries visible so that we can see if people have created sketch, 

i disagree with keeping entries visible...why to bother wat others are doing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

#display #hide Innocent

Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Let's face it...posts with images and sketches have a better visibility . We have seen it from time and time again! Judges have an inclination to award such posts! Smile

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

So thats why I said why should I waste my time writing for contests wherein jufges will award only post with sketches that either are hand drawn or as ND suggested.

Safari contest winner sketches were stand out and indeed very cool. Why they didn't club it with picture, neither do I know nor do I care. All I think that it was hand drawn n not by any farzi app from Internet.

Sammy visibility or no, contests should clearly specify that they are looking for "blog" or for "design" so that we can take part basis our ability. My time is very limited available.

Ekta Khetan
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Ok...now lets forget this thread and sleep till June 2014 for the results to come!!! Tongue outTongue outTongue outTongue outTongue outTongue outTongue out

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hehe..yup! *sleeping mode on*

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Tongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

ZZZzzzzz......Tongue out

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

LOL Laughing

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

How many of you who have participated in this contest will vote in the elections? Tongue out

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

I have exhausted all my votes voting for the indinive posts!Tongue out So nothing is left for June 2014 now.Frown

....unless my cofferes get filled up again with indivotes for my post.Wink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

:))

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

Embarassed

I never missed voting since I become eligible to voting and elections took place in my constituencySmile i have not missed voting even for bye elections.Wink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Good Shetty Smile

Saket Kalikar
Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

@Shetty

Then how did you miss voting fro my post?Laughing

@Saket

I have not missed voting in the elections and not for all blog postsEmbarassed

However, since you have pointed out I will vote for youWink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

:))

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing Thanks Shetty. 

For June 2014 elections, I too will try to follow your principle.Smile

General Election 2014 must be held before May 31 and will not go to June. So be prepared for April & May 2014 electionsSmile

AMRITA SABAT
AMRITA SABAT
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Very happy to participate in this contest! I've given my idea abt a new mobile app to popularise voting in elections! Cool

Thanks IB Team and WeChat fr this opportunity! Njoyed writing this one!

Heena Dhedhi
Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

results announced...

Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

oops i was hallucinating..........

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

Tongue out

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Really? where? They sent mails to peeple saying we have chosen you as winner...whoever replies on first come basis, will be declared winner on our website..Hurry up..you know we already have favorites and Ekta is not included in it :P Cool

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Really? where? They sent mails to peeple saying we have chosen you as winner...whoever replies on first come basis, will be declared winner on our website..Hurry up..Cool

Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Shows how we keep thinking about these contests... we do Tongue out

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

@Heena Hallucinations possible after winning a top IB (Platinum) prize Innocent

Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Anita i was so digging the pendant... having said that am happy i won... 4th of 326 is a great thing. 

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Heena, Little doubt about that! Winning is great! Cool But, beware of hallucinations Innocent

Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Wink

I think Judges should announce the winners of 2K voucher first. I know that there might have be several tweets but it seems easier than judging the blog entries. Cool I guess, this judgement is a mighty task for WECHAT. Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

For that they will have too filter out all namo's #VoteForIndia tweets Undecided

@ Ranjith: Yes and they will have to do it at the earliest. Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Cool

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

I think they may see only the @wechatindia tweets. Thanks to Ranjith's advice, I used @@wechatindia and @IndiBlogger both.Smile

I have used #VoteForIndia and @Indiblogger. I think they might check tweets at #VoteForIndia. Cool

Heena Dhedhi
Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

how abt the twitter winners first?

Yes I too want the same to be announced first. Cool

karishma
karishma
from mumbai
10 years ago

Winners.. when... Undecided

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

1-2 months Tongue out

2-3 is ur phrase Tongue out

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Nope by end February Wink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

NSV 2-3 months after the contest closes. 1 month already over. So, it is 1-2 months. Tongue out

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

No ETA as yet - we're trying to get one!

Thanks for the update Renie. We are all waiting eagerly for result announcement of this contest.

Have a nice day.

Heena Dhedhi
Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

waiting waitng...

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Tareekh pe Tareekh

Heena Dhedhi
Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

oye oye... 

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Eagerly waiting! 

Poonam
Poonam
from New Delhi
10 years ago

High hopes for this one too. Fingers crossed.

Heena Dhedhi
Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@renie any update on this? 

Soumya
Soumya
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Any update on this guys? 

We would be happy if the results are displayed by the end of this month.  Cool

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Pravin, Totally agree! Hope the results are announced soon before the Elections.

LockSign in to reply to this thread