I am Explorer Contest

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

It's time for some creative imagination! You are no longer bound by the laws of nature and reality. Create your own land, the creatures and terrains.

You have been chosen by planet earth to head explorations into an unknown land. Write a blog post on your brave journey and your discoveries across the final frontier!

Check out 'I am Explorer' contest here. Apart from the flipkart vouchers for regular entries, there are also prizes for the ( 5 ) best photo blogs and ( 1 ) video blog. Laughing

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: --
Replies 81 to 100 of 177 Descending
Nikhil Singh
Nikhil Singh
from Delhi
10 years ago

Can somebody answer my query?

Wondering why my entry is not there among 174 entries.

http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=276404

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Because you submitted it using the 'Submit a Post' link of IndiVine and not using the 'Submit Post' link on the contest page.

Contact Renie here. He will add your post to the contest. Laughing

Ankita Singhal
Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hey Even I did a mistake while submitting my post. submitted thr wrong url.. then I simply ctrl+C+ctrl+V'd it to my blog to make the entry appear. *phew*. Thanks @Abhra Pal for noticing and informing me. Smile

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Finally my blog saw a postLaughing.

Guess who is back my friendsTongue outMoney mouthAnyone recongnizes me?YellSurprisedFrownCryEmbarassed

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
10 years ago

Everyone loves and recognises a good blogger! :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Smiley Girl! Money mouth

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Welcome back PoojaWink

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Arvind JiLaughingThat's an honor coming from youSmile

RanjithSealedYesLaughingI'm back to eat your headTongue outMoney mouth

Thanks BushraKissEmbarassedSmile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Tongue out

Razi
from Malappuram
10 years ago

That would be a great job " Eating Ranjith's Head" :D:D

Bhavana Lalwani
Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
10 years ago

why it is so tht evn aftr voting/promoting for so many ppl, I did nt get much votes.. I kno m nt much regular on indiblogger, bt whenevr I come here, I dnt forget to vote fr those who r in my network ..anyway,  let it beCry

u may laugh on this. bt I felt like sharing it wid othersInnocent

Razi
from Malappuram
10 years ago

even I have not getting much votes.. as they said voting doesnt effect to the result, why do yu worry..? Wink

Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

For every contest there is a disclaimer that says Indivotes do not matter. Still I see people asking (IndiBlogger) readers to vote and also including links. Paradox? Bhavana, lovely write-up - well researched and crafted, though a photo or two would have added some colour to the post. :D

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

votes doesnt help you win...it just pushes ur entry to popular/home page...thats all...nothing else...many entries with very less or no votes have won too...so it shouldnt be a major concern.

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
10 years ago

seems I am misunderstood.. I know there is no as such parameters of votes for this contest.. and if it had thn I might not have participated (coz I kno how this voting system works and how vry average n smtyms lesser thn average entries get shortlisted due to number of votes) whatever I said, is jus an expression of thoughts.. I read  many blogs (hindi neglish both)  and whenevr I find anything good or thought provoking, I used to give my feedback on blogs, bt as I have experienced tht many ppl dnt bother so much. 

one last thing, if u think tht m asking here for votes, thn plzz dnt bother to do this.. I write for myself nt for the voters n followers of blog .. (yea I sound rude, bt so m ICool)

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
10 years ago

heyy, I am sorry for my harsh words, jus a heat of moment, tried to edit the comment bt it was too late to do tht.  Frown did nt intend to hurt anyone.. Sealed gud luck to all n best wishes .. once again SORRYSmile

Ragini Puri
Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

So there's this one particular post that takes me to 404 : Nothing Found. And still has good votes. Is it just me who cannot access the write-up, or do people just promote posts randomly?

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

Actually I found 2 posts like that :/

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
10 years ago

hi Ragini, Thnkss a lot fr appreciating my efforts, tried to get the pictures, bt thn I thought tht as per the rules we need to provide the name of website frm where we hv taken the pics, so dropped tht idea.. bt will sure add sm images in the next part of the story.. Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

There are more than 2  entries with 404 errors.

It might be that the blogger submitted the post but later wanted to withdraw his entry and the simplest thing to do is to delete that post from his blog. And sometimes, he might have submitted an incorrect URL ( unlikely as the system won't accept it )  / changed URL later without realising that the previous URL will give an error. I remember one person realising such  a mistake just one day before the announcement of results. Frown I don't remember who it was.

When you find such posts, you can contact that person by using the contact form on his blog or IndiMail that person from IB. It might help that person in case he accidentally submitted the wrong URL. ( Don't ask me what happens if he intentionally deleted his post and also don't ask me why I didn't do it yesterday when I opened all the entries to count the number of video blogs Tongue out )

And coming to the votes thing - hmmm Tongue out

Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

You are welcome Bhavana! And the vote remark was not intended for you, but was just a general question on the forum. I vote for posts I enjoyed reading, irrespective of the fact whether the writer is in my network or not.  :)

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
10 years ago

SmileKissLaughing 

Meghana
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Yet another entry which was just a 4 line post till ystrday evening, yes till ysrtday evening, turned into a 1500+ words post by night. And guess what the entry was amongst top voted ones...

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hey Meghana, I know which entry you are talking aboutInnocent It's still among the top posts and yes, it was only one paragraph but now it's 2000+Innocent

Hope Renie has taken snapshots!

Meghana
from Bangalore
10 years ago

True Bushra, its still among the top ones...  

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Ragini, I did notice 404 Error for one of the entries that had a good number of votes. On checking the said Blog, I found that a great entry exists but as the URL was different, we cannot acess it through the Indi link.

Ranjith is right that the person might have 'accidentally submitted the wrong URL'. I did mention the error on the said Blog so that person can contact the IndiBlogger Team. Smile

Jitaditya Narzary
Jitaditya Narzary
from Delhi
10 years ago

When will the results be out? this exam like feeeling... havn't felt like this in ages...Yell

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

2-3 months....so watch big boss meanwhile n eat pop corns

Jitaditya Narzary
from Delhi
10 years ago

I don't even have a TV Frown

Seems I'll have to take a long trip...

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

btw something is wrong with ur link...edit and put the corrct one

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Surprised

I'm not understanding how the IndiVine system accepts 404 links or was the url modified after submission? Innocent

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

it seems he deteled by mistake or changed it...but i think its possible to change url in permalink mode

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

it should be 2013/09/   not 2013/10/

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Yes, it's possible...

Jitaditya Narzary
from Delhi
10 years ago

oh gawd... thaks for pointing out Nandini...

I dunno what exactly happened... I did submit it twice(comp hanged on first occassion) and edited in between...

Ranjith can this be fixed now? 

it shud be 09 instead of 10 Frown

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

JN Contact IndiTeam here. They will do the changes.

( or )

Put a redirect from /2013/10/... to /2013/09/... so that the link you submitted on IB works. But even after doing so, open a support ticket saying what had happened so that they do not end end up disqualifying your post because of that screenshot thing! Innocent

Jitaditya Narzary
from Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks Ranjith...

Did what you suggested...

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing

Hiral Trivedi
Hiral Trivedi
from Sydney
10 years ago

2 to 3 months!!!Undecided Too much Laughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

You'll get used to such long waits as you participate in more and more IndiContests! Tongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

and who knows that better than ranjithWinkCool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Tongue out

Anita
Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Is resizing of images allowed after the last date?

Will it be taken as an edit change and does our entry risk disqualification through the process?

Planning to reduce the size of 2 images in my post as they are overlapping with the right panel. (Thanks Bushra for sharing this!)

Or should I just leave my Post the way it is? (Whoever wants to see the entire image can just click on the image for the whole view.)

What do you think? Please do suggest...

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

So many doubts about editing posts! :))

I think you can do it. Wink

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Thanks Ranjith for your clarification!

You can :)) as much as U wish! All are not Rajnikanth of IB! Wink

For people like me, who don't have all the answers, the Forum is the best way to find out & not risk entry-disqualification! Smile

God Bless all the helpful Souls here! Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Rajnikanth? Surprised See ND, what you have done. Yell

I'm answering the disqualification related questions based on my own logic and not based on IB's rules. Foot in mouth In fact, IB doesn't have any fixed rules about disqualification. Tongue out

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Ranjith, Do hope your logic is right as I have just now resized 2 pics based on your answer!!! InnocentSmile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

:))

Not many video posts...I might have a good chance then..Cool

wish you all the best ankit.

Thnx Pravin..All the best 2 u too..Smile 

Micky Fernandez
Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
10 years ago

I can no longer find the Terms and Conditions for this contest, so I need to mention and ask here: I would like to add one sentence to my post so that the post is more relevant to Tata Safari Storme. Is this acceptable?

From my memory of the T&C, it is but I would like confirmation of it before I make the very small change to my post at this time.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

You can see the T&C here. They forgot to fill the sidebar while making the entries visible. Tongue out

Generally, editing post after the close of the contest is not allowed, except for minor changes. I think you can add a line or two, but it is upto you. ( I can't give any guarantee about it Sealed ) And if you mail them asking the question - I doubt even if they will be able to answer because there aren't any well defined rules. Tongue out

Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Thank you, Ranjith.

While writing the post, I was more focused and concerned about the message that I was trying to convey, so I did not think of it then. Before the contest ended, I almost thought of it, but it did not come to fruition. It was not until yesterday that I realized that this important (although short) sentence (relating the importance of Tata Safari Storme) should have been added.

Now, I think that the post will be more agreeable to everyone (judges and readers) and so I am even more proud of the post.

Bhavana Lalwani
Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
10 years ago

wat abt the result .. whn it will come .. InnocentFoot in mouth

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

2-3 months

mahesh
mahesh
from chennai
10 years ago

Namaste - When are the prizes going to be announced?

Razi
from Malappuram
10 years ago

No idea.. Not so curious but me too waiting for the result.. Wink

Rekha Vaz
Rekha Vaz
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Don't know when the results will be out.... But anyways I don't want any person who loves reading to miss out on my post which is a slight twist with humour.... Whole world of kitchen - Alien world http://amazingwondersinmylife.blogspot.in/2013/09/whole-world-of-kitchen-alien-world.html Generally when results are out... Human tendency is to read only the winner's blog... I don't want this one to be missed out to read... If my post is not qualified.... Hope you guys enjoy this post.
Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i dont think posting links like this is allowed

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Giving links is not allowed on the forum Rekha. Please read the Indiforum Guidelines Smile

Anita
Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

I have a strong feeling that the Results of 'I am Explorer' will be out soon- if not by this month-end, surely before year-end!

Am I right? Being optimistic as Tata Safari Storme moves fast! Smile

Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
10 years ago

I know that the results for the Future of Shopping contest (which came out at about the same time as did this contest) have already posted. Hopefully, that means that the results for this contest will come out at about the same time--i.e., now).

Unfortunately, I did not win that other contest; I was really hoping to get that phone. (My wife is in need of a new one).

Does anybody know the prizes for this contest? I can not seem to locate it on the homepage.

Razi
from Malappuram
10 years ago

micky.. even my wife need a phone.. :D

TechChumz
from Bangalore
10 years ago

And Micky, my wife needs a phone most of all Tongue out

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Micky, the prizes are amazing! Lots of Flipkart Vouchers! Smile

Winners can buy whatever they please, including cellphone for wife/husband! Laughing

All the best to all of us!

Dr.Titas Kar
Dr.Titas Kar
from kolkata
10 years ago
I sort of want to make my debut win on the blogging front with this one :P
Rekha Vaz
Rekha Vaz
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hi Nandini and Bushra... I really didn't know about it... Thanks for sharing.. will surely read out the guidelines.. :)

Aditya
Aditya
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Results???? Any update?

Ekta Khetan
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Results pl!

Canary
Canary