Right away I made my choice
Headed out to my big two-wheeler,
I was tired of my own voice....

We rolled across the high plains

Deep into the mountains

Felt so good to me

Finally feelin' free

- Bob Seger, Roll Me Away

Here's a contest for all the bikers out there - and those of you who have biker friends! Smile

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=54

Let us know if you have any questions, and please give us your ideas for the T-shirt design! Laughing

Replies 81 to 100 of 178 Descending
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

Sorry everyone, there's been a delay because we found not one, but two plagiarized posts. Contests bring out the best in most, and the worst in a few. Frown I don't see the winners being announced before Tuesday.

In the meantime though, could you all update your profile with your address (India only) and T-shirt size?  Smile

Sagar Chitre
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Ohh thats sad!!

BTW 

small  is it 36??

medium is it 38??

large is it 40??

xl is it 42??

xxl is it 44??

xxxl is it 46??

please notify as it would result in mentioning the correct size .... cheers!! 

Bhushavali
from Chennai
11 years ago

Btw, 1 tee per entry or per participant? If 1 tee per entry, can I get the 2 tee's in 2 diff sizes??? Undecided 

Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago
Haha gud one
Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

PlagiarismSurprised

And yeah please answer Sagar Ji's questionTongue out

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

Ah.. multiple T-shirt sizes for multiple entries... I didn't see that coming! Embarassed

All right then - we'll make a special form and send the link to the participants by email!

Bhushavali
from Chennai
11 years ago

Danke danke... :) :) :)

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

YayeeeeeeeeeLaughing. I'm going to get 2 IndiShirts thenMoney mouth. Yay MeCoolLaughing. Finally participating in contests paid offTongue outCool.

Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago
How come Poo?.Haha

Me 2, 2-2! LaughingLaughing

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

@TSW

I wrote 2 posts SteLaughing

@Ritvik

Hi-5Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

So, two T Shirts for someone who doesn't wear T Shirts.... Cry

Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago
But Poo,that wasnt mentioned by him.Phew mybad I had written only one post
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

@Ranjith

Who doesn't wear T-ShirtsSurprised

@TSW

He mentioned now naLaughingCoolTongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

@  I was talking about myself and not you Tongue outSealed

Bhushavali
from Chennai
11 years ago

No mail yet on tee???

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

You don't wear T-SHIRTSSurprised. Ok give them to meTongue out. I'll wear IndiShirt dailyCoolTongue out

And what about the color of the t-shirt....can we have something in black...:P

Ashu
Ashu
from kolkata
11 years ago

HOPE POSTS WRITTEN IN LANGUAGES OTHER THAN ENGLISH IS CONSIDERED WELL................. Foot in mouth 

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Now, plagiarism is a fairly serious thing to encounter, Renie... it happens quite so often on the social networks. Lifting FB updates, sending other's tweets as your own, and pretending that a picture was clicked by you are just some of the things I see a lot of people doing without any qualms. Copying entire blog posts is taking it to a higher level. Deal with it severly!

Santosh BS
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Well said Arvind. It seriously pisses off when you have put in all the hardwork and someone sitting somewhere passes it as his/her own and there is no dearth of such people all around.

Hemantkumar Jain
Hemantkumar Jain
from Mumbai
11 years ago

:) We are talking plagirism on personal blogs. I have seen plagiarism in corporate websites too. Way back in 2005-2006, we (my Boss and me) prepared a document highlighting our consulting service offering. 

Years later, I found the same text word-by-word on a competing company's website !!  

Getting inspired is one thing. Plagiarism is another. People often end up doing a Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V without any application of thought. 

Ekta Khetan
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Plagiarism? Well simply, barred those entries and move on!

I have found one entire blog that has copied me completely from pen name to my "ABOUT ME" AND ALL THAT...what to do? :( Cry

I felt bad and wrote to google but no avail!

Hemantkumar Jain
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Hey Ekta ... thats taking plagirism to the level of Identity Theft. 

Posing someone else's work as your own - Plagiarism ||| Posing someonse else altogether - Identity Theft. 

Hope they have restricted to only the blog and not other spheres of your life. 

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Hemant,

I agree with you...someone just use my pen name, uses my "about me" and freely blogging on the net. I hope they do not do otherwise else it will be very unfair. 

The lady could have just asked me to give her some ideas rather than stealing my whole stuff :( Cry

DS
DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Think you should make the name of plagiarists known here, Renie. So we can be more vigilant next time.
Sampath Bhoompally
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

YEah make a list renie..Nice idea DS 

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Will the results come out today?SurprisedUndecided

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Doesnt seem like it Poo
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

SadCry

Ashu
Ashu
from kolkata
11 years ago

announcing a firm date for contest results would save a million missing beats..Innocent

Let us do a community blog on "Waiting for Results"?Tongue out

Ashu
from kolkata
11 years ago

not a bad idea bhavna

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Congratulations, Ranjith on moving from consolation winner to main prize winner. This years seems to have begun on  a cracker for you.

Not too bad for me either.  After breaking my Indi jinx at Vodafone, I have added one more to my tally - this time in the main medals section. Thanks Castrol and Indi-blogger. Never imagined my fantasy spoof would actually win. 

Congrats to Princess for her first win. Congrats to Bhavana, Mr. Passey, Frigid Insanity and others. Though most prizes are biking gear, funnily quite a few non bikers seem to figure in the winners list.

Congrats all winners!!! The Fool, I am so happy for you! Your spoof worked! Congrats everybody else! All of us won at least a T-Shirt!

Frigid Insanity
from Goa
11 years ago

Congrats to you too TF.. :)...Looks like ur on a roll!!..  and congrats to all the winners as well for great entries!! was fun reading them again.

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Congrats TF JHICoolLaughing. And thanksEmbarassed. I can't believe itSurprised.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Thank you TF.  Smile 

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
11 years ago

Congrats TheFool! Ride on now...

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Thanks, Bhavana, FI, Princess, Ranjith and Punit.

DS
DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Congrats to all the Winners. Especially Ranjith for breaking the consolation jinx. Also to TF, well the shining helmet won you a main prize. And also to Princess for her maiden win. A small consolation for me, I was the hero of TF's post.
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Thanks DSLaughingCool. I couldn't just believe my eyes when I woke up in the morning and had a text message from Ani saying I had won a prizeSurprised

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Thanks DS Smile Wasn't expecting to win...

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Such wins are more sweet Poo and Ranjith, when you do not expect to win and you do.
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

You are the true winner, man. You are the one who inspired me for this post.

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
I am no inspiration for a talented writer like you. I am just happy that the character was named after me.
Vimla  H. Khawani
Vimla H. Khawani
from Surat
11 years ago

Congrats to all the winners ! Smile

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Congrats RanjithCool. A well deserved winLaughing. We Want PARTYYYYYYYYYYYMoney mouthTongue out.

Congrats to TF JHILaughing. You are on a RollCool. Hope you keep getting more and more and that we get to keep reading awesome postsSealedMoney mouthCool.

Congratulations to all other winners as wellLaughingCool.

I can't believe I wonSurprised. At least for this, I'm really going to go learn how to ride a bikeUndecidedTongue out.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Here is the cake Tongue out

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
11 years ago

Congrats Pooja....>Vroooooom!

Congrats Pooja!!!! I am so happy for you!

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

@Ranjith

KanjussTongue out

@Punit Jhi

ThanksCoolLaughing

@Bhavana Di

Thank you so muchEmbarassed

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

@Bhavana Di

Thanks and Congrats to you as wellLaughing

Sagar Chitre
Sagar Chitre
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Congrats to all the winners!!! Smile

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Nice to see a lot of my indi-friends on the winner's list... a great feeling. And yes, even I have won a prize.

...and the best thing is that I'll be eligible for TWO Tees... lovely!

Congrats to all winners! :)

May the non-bikers in the winner's list also get an opportunity to ride a bike soon enough!!

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Congrats Arvind JiLaughing

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
11 years ago

Arvind aap to chaa gaye ho...Badhaiyaan!

Congrats, Arvind!

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Congratulations! Tell meif there' any contest that you do notSmile win? 

Mere guru ban jaiye aur guru mantra dijiye sir! Cool

Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago
Congratulations to my indi friends TF,Poo,Mr.PasseY,Ranjith and others.A well deserved victory Ranjith and you had written well.So finally you are out of the consolation zone. ;). Very happy for Poo as well..Congrats once again
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Thanks SteLaughingKissEmbarassed

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Thanks Smile

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Thanks TSW

Abdullah Shaikh
Abdullah Shaikh
from Pune
11 years ago

Congrats to all the winners!

I would have loved to add another jacket to my wardrobe :) another helmet on the rack will do for now ;) 

More than anything else this contest brought me closer to the bikers out there!! 

Cheers!!! Keep riding, keep writing... and don't forget protection, always!!!

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
11 years ago

Congratulations Abdullah! Cool

Congrats Abdullah!

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Ahem I have none...let's exchange for T shirt! :)

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

As usual I opened my mail and found a congratulatory message. I opened it thinking it to be the one related to the T Shirts (2 of them Wink ). But, on reading the mail, I was surprised to see that it was something more than the T Shirt. And an even bigger surprise after landing on the contest page.... I'm not just a winner but the winner of the first prize. Cool

Thanks to IndiBlogger and an even bigger thanks to the judges! Wink

Actually, the number of pageviews contributed by me to this contest page ( cehcking for results ) was less than other contests for the simple reason that I wasn't interested in the prizes... none of which are useful to me atleast for now.... but destiny had different thoughts....

One one side I'm very happy on enetring into the elite group of contest winnersSmile and on the other hand, a bit sad for not winning things like i pads..... What am I going to do with my prize when I don't know how to ride a bike.... Undecided But still, happiness seems to be dominating... Laughing

Thanks once again to IndiBlogger, the judges and all those who have read my post.

Waiting for an i pad, a laptop or other bigger prizes.... Sealed

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
11 years ago

Congrats Smile

R-A-J
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Congrats bro!! U deserved it man!! Smile

LOL:) Congrats!!!!

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Hey, I am all game to take that winner's jacket from you? See you said, u not that keen..haahaha

Many congratulations!

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

CongoCool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Thanks to all Smile @ Ekta Can I have an i pad in exchange for the jacket? Tongue out

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Great posts generally win... and congrats on your win!! :)

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Same thoughts here, Ranjith. Even I don't know to ride a bike. i-pads and other cool stuff would have been nice. But not cribbing about bean bags and biking gear. I am happy I am winning stuff. Useful things I will buy myself.

LockSign in to reply to this thread