Who wants to go to Melbourne?

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

And...it's your time to visit Melbourne NOW! Smile

New contest everyone, where everybody wins something, and two bloggers get to go on an all expense paid trip to Melbourne!

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=63

Replies 81 to 100 of 185 Descending
Odyzz
Odyzz
from Gwalior
11 years ago

newbie to Indiblogger ..I too submitted my post on 15th but there had been some glitch and it was not visible on the contest page ..With the help of some blogger buddies I contacted the Inditeam and now everything is on the right track..Now you can see it on the contest page "Melbourne Melody Memoirs" .. Brickbats and bouquets are accepted with open heart and mind.Please do visit and leave your footprints on my blog.

hi friends, my nudge, i missed i suppose to nudge, please drown yourselves into my trip too, water is just a little handful, (chullu bhar) so you wont drown in the real sense.
Nirvana
from Delhi
11 years ago

@Pramod.... that was a sweet post, and much deeper than chull-bhar!! Smile

A small Lohia poll|who wants to come back from Melbourne?
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

If the authorities are willing to give a permanent visa, I would surely love it!

Chitra
Chitra
from Mumbai
11 years ago

i could finally finish it before time and am happy i could be a part of this contest... the more i read about melbourne the more  i wanted to go .. fingers crossed... Tongue out

Shrinidhi Hande
Shrinidhi Hande
from Chennai
11 years ago

Now the wait for results.. Any approx date when results are likely to be out

Prasad Np
Prasad Np
from Delhi / Gurgaon
11 years ago

I am pretty sure before it comes out another contest will be announced....

Rukhsana Badar
Rukhsana Badar
from Nagpur
11 years ago

Have been reading all the discussion on the topic. Its like watching the advertisements between the main viewing, some are fun and some are not!Tongue out Have done my bit in this competition and am glad to see that it has a better than my bit in the other on-running competitions, so...Hope Lives On!

Gyanban
Gyanban
from Kolkata
11 years ago

I find people tend to be apologetic if they have done something good! They always begin introductions with a disclaimer - when will you wake up and realise that it is what it is.Some people will like what you wrote some wont and thats ok. Mass consensus is not always a true benchamark for quality writing. Here's an anecdote : The cult classic Fountainhead by Ayn Rand was rejected by 12 publishers before the 13th finally agreed very reluctantly. Rest is history.

History is replete with instances where too much publicity has gone awry and too little, has been lost forever - so write what you feel is true to your belief. Rest does not really matter in the larger scheme of things. There is no instant gratification - its just a perception,time bound and soon obsolete.Life is not about a series of instant claim to fame's. Precisely why people still admire the painstaking work behind a David, or Madonna or even our very own Taj Mahal while anyone hardly remembers any contemporary work of art.

Remember someone's madness is somebody's genuis...time will tell.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I don't know what is the context for this comment. But I take encouragement from it after losing out on the Penguin story writing contest.

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Agree and more.

Gyanban
Gyanban
from Kolkata
11 years ago

@TF  - you need to go through the preceeding comments to get the drift....

DS
DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Renie, When are the pen drives expected to be delivered? I am asking this since I am in the process of changing houses and will probably shift to a new house by 15-20 October. So which address should I update in my profile, current one or the new one.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Your address in your profile should look something like mine. Here it is (with the actual address replaced with -'es )

For Dove contest ( Samsung Smartphone), use Address 1 (if the gift reaches me on or before 10th December 2012. Otherwise, kindly contact me through an e mail for the address)For Melbourne pen drive, use Address 1For other contest prizes (if any ) or hampers , use Address 2For any other thing, use address 1 ( or the phone number)Address 1: --------------Address 2: -------------

Smile

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Address 1, address 2?? How did you put 2 different addresses in the profile?
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

I have entered all the above information in the text box named 'Address'. And in the text fields- city, state.... I have written 'See above address'. As simple as that Smile

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago

You have written a whole essay in that field!!!

Way to go Ranjith!!!

Thanks.

Mallikarjun Gunda
Mallikarjun Gunda
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Did anybody received anything???????

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Well, winners have got their prizes, participants in so many contests have got hampers and tees... hope this answers your question. 

Smita Sahay
from Noida
11 years ago

Thanks Mallikarjun, wish you the same...:-)

Smita Sahay
Smita Sahay
from Noida
11 years ago

Hi fellow (dream and would-be) travellers....win or lose, the experience of being in this journey together is great!

How many check their mail/visit indiblogger site daily to check the results?! I know I do....:) ...

@Mallikarjun: I know that I haven't recd anything till now....but am sure the pen drive its on its way......(Renie?)

Good luck to all....

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I do...at least thrice a day..did multiple times for Dove...didn't work...So now adays reduced the frequency (to keep my fingers crossed)Cool

Mallikarjun Gunda
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

All the best Smita..:)

Smita Sahay
from Noida
11 years ago

Thanks Mallikarjun, wish you the same...:-) (sorry for entering the message below as well.....still getting used to options here...)

Smita Sahay
Smita Sahay
from Noida
11 years ago

Ha ha, so I'm not alone in being anxious about the results....of course, all to do with the main prize..:)....keep them crossed Ekta...you never know!

Ha ha so m not alone in checking out the site a number of times. The anxiousness for the results is on a high. Have participated in almost all the contests lately.

Indiblogger smitten is me too these days..  ;)

Smita Sahay
from Noida
11 years ago

@Manjulika: best of luck!

Abhirup Bhattacharya
Abhirup Bhattacharya
from Kolkata
11 years ago

anyone has got the pen drive? I received a mail sometime back for confirming my address. 

DS
DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
I still have my old address in my profile. As and when I will shift, most probably early next week, I will update the profile with the new address. Hope I dont miss out on the pen drive!!
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Why am I getting a deja vu feeling about this comment?

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
What?
Saurabh Chawla
Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
11 years ago

when the results are to be declared?

Shantinath Chaudhary
Shantinath Chaudhary
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

jaldi se pen drive bhejo yaar. All I want is a FREE pen drive :P

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

M-E-L-B-O-U-R-N-E... sounds so delicious!

Smita Sahay
from Noida
11 years ago

yes, maybe cos it rhymes with bourboune...:)

Ankita Sinha
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Congrats :)

Smita Sahay
Smita Sahay
from Noida
11 years ago

waiting...dreaming....checking....waiting....dreaming....checking.....yeah, life's kinda mechanical these days....:)

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

I-know-I-will... I-know-I-will... I-know-I-will... I-know-I-will... I-know-I-will... and this isn't a mechanical chant. It is a heartfelt affirmation. :)

Smita Sahay
from Noida
11 years ago

Ha ha, Arvind..:) my best wishes are with you. Catch you at the airport or on the flight!! (Yeah, I'm gonna be the other one that wins!!....maybe they should award the most confident ones too!)

Nirvana
from Delhi
11 years ago

hehehe...... Arvind... looks like your chant worked!! Congrats!

Smita Sahay
from Noida
11 years ago

Congrats Arvind! Your "heart felt" the right thingSmile! And thanks Indiblogger , it was fun writing the post...look fwd to more such contest

DS
DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Hope the Pen Drives were not sent till today morning. I changed my address this morning only.

LockSign in to reply to this thread