An opportunity for every Indian blogger to get published!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

IndiBloggers!

On August 15 2012, on our independence day and IndiBlogger’s 5th anniversary, comes an opportunity for every Indian blogger to get published! Smile

IndiBlogger.in in association with HarperCollins will give you insight and a whole new perspective of the world of publishing. Submit your own stories, learn from the authors, talk to the editors, join a social community of book lovers and see your work in print.

Do help us spread the word, and get Yash Lal's book to start your first review:

http://www.indiblogger.in/getpublished/

Keep blogging!

Replies 81 to 100 of 197 Descending

oops! henceforth will not promote ideas here in the forum.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Thanks. Promote ideas. But do not post links.

Funny Gypsy
Funny Gypsy
from India
11 years ago

Hey, thanks Indiblogger for this opportunity!

Also, could anyone let me know how you're supposed to promote your post for this contest? I'm surprised at the dismally low number of likes I've got in the past week!

Thanks!

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

You can promote on twitter and facebook. You can also make an appeal for votes giving the link for promotion on your blog.

But please do not promote on this thread.

Funny Gypsy
Funny Gypsy
from India
11 years ago

Ok thanks! Twitter and Facebook is ruled out for me as I I've kept a separate blog profile on Twitter and Facebook which has a measly number of followers. I think I'll stick to giving out the link for promotion on my blog and on Indivine / the general forums.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

No. You are not allowed to give the link on the general forums. Please don't do it. 

Easwar Arumugam
Easwar Arumugam
from Chennai
11 years ago

That's my problem, Funny Gypasy, having sparate profile in Twitter and Facebook as you do.

Deepa Duraisamy
Deepa Duraisamy
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I am guessing only IB registered users would be able to vote, right?

Deepa Duraisamy
Deepa Duraisamy
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Isn't there a way for Indiblogger to weed out entries where the associated post doesn't exist anymore? There are a quite a few of those, where the writers have removed their entries for whatever reasons. (I have done it for one of my own!). But am noticing that it has been getting a vote every now and then. I know another friend who's been seeing her entry climb as well even though there's no post associated. This is bad for a lot of reasons. 1. It means that people are blindly voting without reading. This could cause some not-so-good entries to make the cut, needless to say the judging panel would act as a sieve in the next level. But am more concerned about those good entries who didn't make the cut because of votes - because the voting isn't always a true indicator. 2. Because of the "deleted" posts, the number of entries is not really a true indicator. And I know that rules changed from top 500 to top 300 because of the number of entries. But the true number of entries could be even lower if you weed out the invalid ones. That could end up changing the criteria again. 

Just my 2 cents. Also, is voting expected to close on 23rd too, or would that be open a while?

as for me my site is hacked and i am still waiting for my savior to emerge. you are lucky to be getting votes unanimously, without post even. 

Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

Do you really think people are reading and voting?

Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

@ Rio PL  - Who hacks your blog? It seems people are interested in hacking your blog. Do something man.

Mirchi
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Some entries may not get votes or as many votes as they submit late or just on 23rd

thanks Solitary, this time i turned a deaf ear and yesterday it was corrected by them only i suppose. it's workibg fine now.

Easwar Arumugam
Easwar Arumugam
from Chennai
11 years ago

I agree with Deepa ma'am's views on the voting pattern. Something needs ti be done.

Mirchi
Mirchi
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I finally had sometime to write. Check out my story at

http://ankaheshabd.wordpress.com/2013/01/17/flirts-and-loves-two-chambers-in-heart-my-entry-for-the-get-published-contest/

vote for it if you liked to read it or liked the idea...:)

Easwar Arumugam
Easwar Arumugam
from Chennai
11 years ago

You could have better avoided giving links. Anyway, wish you all the best.

what do you suggest friends. i have just 3 likes till now and of that two are my own likes ( not any rule that i cannot like my own post) so with one true like i must be among the last few.

should i start campaign, " sadda like itthhe rakh" or be content that my story writing is worst.

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Likes doesn't matter its the content that doesSmile. Smart people are always found in the last benches and in the same way good stories are always found on the last pagesEmbarassed.

thanks P p, for boosting the morale, 

tomorrow is the last day, i suppose.

Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

Are you sure about the deadline, PL? Cz here the date keeps on changing ;-)

at their page the date still showeth 23rd jan. as of now. Laughing

Chaitanya Vembar
Chaitanya Vembar
from Seattle
11 years ago

I'm new to blogging and Indiblogger, and just submitted my idea and published it on Indivine as well. Can anyone tell me if only indibloggers can vote for my idea? And why are the likes on my Indivine post separate from the votes I've received? FAQ's on the get published website didn't help, and it's not even letting me sign in. aargh!

they give seperate password for their login by email. 

Chaitanya Vembar
Chaitanya Vembar
from Seattle
11 years ago

Thanks Rio. My indiblogger sign in finally started working for the website. Can non-indibloggers vote on my promotional link too?

i think yes. 

Chaitanya Vembar
Chaitanya Vembar
from Seattle
11 years ago

Thanks, I appreciate your help! My links are up and running. Whew!

Richa Singh
Richa Singh
from Pune
11 years ago

I am little confused if someone would help me out, my idea is approved now what? Should I consider myself as the shortlisted 300 bloggers who need to furnish the whole story? Any help would be quite appreciated here... and also does likes matter? coz i never seem to get any like on indiblogger :|

if you are contacted by them, you are the lucky one. now likes that matter point is for shortlisting only.

Richa Singh
Richa Singh
from Pune
11 years ago

I havent been contacted by them just on the idea I submitted its flashing that the status: approved.

Someone help me!! Is flashing of status as approved common? Has happened for all of you or it is something specific... need info on this.

Richa Singh
Richa Singh
from Pune
11 years ago

My bad I mistook it for something else. Understood finally :) thanks anyways :)

yo, it is a common one. all posts that agree to their norms gets approved for voting instantly.

Bhavana Lalwani
Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
11 years ago

I have a big qstn .. why I cnt find my entry in the Idea SEction of get published website, I have raised this issue on tht website also by havnt got any reply .. moreover, this voting system really sucks ... getting lesser makes u feel like a loser :( 

Mirchi
from Bangalore
11 years ago

absolutely agree.. If someone is new to blogging or indiblogger, he might not have network or connections that people can read and vote. 

i am also with you with 3 likez in a monthh.

Hey Renie, Hope you don't mind feedback. One of the things I noticed was that there were a lot of comments on individual ideas but on the general "ideas" page it always said zero comments.

Dola
Dola
from Phagwara
11 years ago

Howdy Everyone!

What time do you think the results will be announced? @indiblogger tweeted evening..

LockSign in to reply to this thread