Do you vote for Indivine posts without reading it?

subups
subups
from Thiruvananthapuram
13 years ago

Indivine has been a superb addition to Indiblogger. It has really helped readers in chosing quality content without actually doing blog hopping and we get introduced to new bloggers too.

I normally reads certain posts based on the votes they got. Sometimes it has left me disappointed too, because the post might not have enough stuff in it to get this high vote.

Are people voting for posts without actually reading the post?

I am posting this under Blogging ethics, since I think a true blogger should not vote for a  post unless he has read the post.

Replies 81 to 85 of 85 Descending
Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

I thought people on this thread might be interested in this new conversation about generating reliable proper statistics to learn more about this great community of bloggers: http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=8364

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Is this still happening?

Vivek
Vivek
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I too have observed lots of discrepancies between votes in Indiblogger,visits, actual comments and further traversals within my blog.

Some readers obviously on seeing me as a  new person here, take their time to read posts which I hadn't put through Indivine and some even commented. They are the genuine readers. But I am not so sure about others who vote.

While it might take a lot of effort to control this problem, I only ask the bloggers in my network to read whatever post looks good to you and then give a vote if it is really good. A comment would be more appreciated. I am not very particular about Indiblogger rank/votes as after 7 years of blogging, it is now that I decided to expand my reader base and mingle with fellow bloggers. I joined mainly because of the various contests and prompts that help keeping the river perennial and cleaner as it keeps flowing.

If the bloggers maintain their dignity and purpose, the blogosphere automatically would be enriched with quality contents eventually.

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
10 years ago

Sometimes the visits from Indiblogger to my site on a given day are less than the number of votes on the post. Clearly people just click "Promote" and then close the post before it opens Laughing

Ramchandran's idea of anon voting will certainly help. No one wants pretenders.

LockSign in to reply to this thread