Surf Excel Matic #SoakNoMore Contest

DS
DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago

The latest contest offering I Pads and other prizes is up for grabs now, a day after what I hear was a fabulous meet in Bangalore!

Here is the latest Surf  Excel Matic #SoakNoMore Contest -

www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=61

Discuss the contest here and let's soak ourselves in all the fun! :)

Edited 11 years ago
Reason: Link
Replies 101 to 120 of 136 Descending

conogo's all winniers.

read conogo's as congo's

C. Suresh
C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Congratulations to all the winners and I have no doubt that they were well-deserved wins! The rest that I have to say is no aspersion on the quality or merits of the winners.

I am surprised by the phrasing of the letter, however! Phrases like '...not in the same league..' and'...stood out from the rest..' seems like gratuitous belittling of the other entries which was totally unnecessary here. I am used to tempering my judgments with '..in our opinion..' and '..based on our yardsticks..'.

Clearly politeness seems to be a luxury that is dispensed with in today's world. All the more surprising to see marketing people, presumably, so little interested in winning friends and so arrogant about their own judgment of the difference in quality.

Uma Maheswari Anandane
from Karaikal
11 years ago

Congrats to all winners ! esp. to known friends Solitary Writer, Ranjith, Nabanita Dhar, Avalok Smile ---Your happiest New Year Gift from Indiblogger & Surf teanm

@CS - agree but we all knew that we had put in our best efforts and I am really proud & happy of my post though  I didn't win.

@Chitra - keep calm and keep writing ...you know u did ur best !

C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I have participated in a lot of contests this year and - bar a consolation win in Lakme - have won nothing. I have never been upset about not winning yet. The issue here is not about not winning but someone having the arrogance to tell a whole bunch of people that they are leagues behind. It takes a monumental ego to say that - having gone though 300+ entries of a eclectic mix of poems, essays - humorous and serious, stories of various genres - they have unerringly identified the difference in quality between them to the extent that they can tell the world that the entries other than those they selected were markedly inferior to the ones they did.

Uma Maheswari Anandane
from Karaikal
11 years ago

@C.S I can understand and even my entry was one along with urs...but i wanted to say something positive to cheer u up

Also , it is my way of understanding things that whatever plp say , i know i have done my best and so r the others...as a part of indi family lets celebrate the winning of our friends and let no doors open to any hard feelings frm outside to enter this new year ...just 2 more days 

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I fully agree with you...After months of completion of contest you declare winners and have audacity to say rest were not in the league? What the bullshit is this? While I do not intend to hurt those who have won, infact the top prize went to my very good blog friend but seriously doubts judges ability. People who wrote multiple posts with sincerity and creativity, yet still didnt see their name are anyways sad & doubtful. Writing such things makes them further demotivated and de attached. 

What league are we talking about? They asked us to be most creative and I have seen few other creative (say highly creative posts) which are not even figured here. Leave alone my entries as I am seriously demotivated on my blogging skills for Indi contests. But the choice of words that has been used here is not appreciated. 

Renie, pl communicate these to Surf excel and team. tell them only their ads are good and only if they use same choice of words in their communication to bloggers what they do in their ads, it could help boost their image which is not severely being tarnished in this fraternity.

Stephen...I am so very happy for you. remember I told you once that you came first? see :)

Well said Ekta, I had created a thread when a similar type comment had been passed when they announced real beauty contest results. It is great to have contests and participate and win or lose, but added words of hurt are unwarranted and should be worded properly.

Chitra
Chitra
from Mumbai
11 years ago

i totally agree with Suresh.They could have been a bit more polite !!!Here winning a blackberry playbook also seems to be like an insult as they too are not in the league of the ipad winners ...Frown

Anoop Mathai Mathew
Anoop Mathai Mathew
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Well it's freedom of expression folks!!! The real challenge people is to beat you own self! You know you are the winner, but are you the 100% winner? Why not beat your own records? Anyways we've all got to admit that thanks to indiBlogger and the interesting contests that are held here, each of us were able to do one step more thinking that we used to before. Am I right? Atleast it works in my case. So cheer up and live life - write, write and write!!!Cool 

P.S.: Congratulations to all the winners and to those who won even without a prize (includes myself) Innocent.

C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Let us get one thing straight here! I am NOT complaining about not winning! All I am saying is that a sponsor should have more politeness than to make odious comparisons! It irritates me to keep reading messages that assume that I am upset about not winning. As I have said earlier I have participated in enough contests without winning and never once felt the need to complain or stop competing - so what is with all this 'compete with yourself' and all that sort of advice?

The worrisome part about this mis-construction of my comment is that my good friends who have won this time may feel that I am not happy for them. It pleases me greatly to see them in that list and I also know that their wins were worthy wins.

Saru Singhal
Saru Singhal
from Toronto
11 years ago

Congrats to all the winners. :)

@C. Suresh: I understand your point Sir. In my opinion, nobody can decide what is quality in any form of Art. It is relative and subjective. How many of us can put value to Van Gogh or categorise wine by tasting it? But still there are many who find such form of art very mediocre...

Also for everyone who participates in any blogging contest: if you win, think you are good and if you loose, think others were better this time. We started blogging for our passion for writing and contests et al followed. Don't let such things dampen this beautiful spirit.

Cheers!

C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Do not know if you quite got my point Saru :) My point is that the winners were brilliant so just say that. It is neither polite nor necessary to also say that the others were average - which is what their letter amounted to saying. Further, even if u found the rest average it requires a certain assumption that your judgment is infallible to say so - that is what I call arrogance. If u had some humility, you would at least say that this was your opinion. The entire tone of the letter was something like a school teacher to his students sort of judgmental tone and did not seem adult to adult.

In the entire set of msg.s I am accepting the fact that the winners are indeed brilliant.

Saru Singhal
Saru Singhal
from Toronto
11 years ago

@C. Suresh- I got your point Sir... 'Neither Polite nor neccessary' is the gist of your thoughts :)

C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Now how did u understand the deep inner meaning of my words? :) :) So u hv also understood that my complaint is not abt the choice of winners but abt the way the letter communicated it ?? :):)

Saurabh Chawla
Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
11 years ago

congrats to al winners :)

DS
DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Congrats to the winners!

Special Congrats to Ranjith, you have now graduated from being among the consolation prize winners to the main prize winner!!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Thank you! Smile

Shashiprakash Saini
Shashiprakash Saini
from Navimumbai
11 years ago
जो जीता उसे जीत की
जो खेला उसे खेल की
देता मै बधाई सभी

जीत की रचनाएँ श्रेष्ट
बाकी सब कमतर रही
ये Surf Matic ने कही

बात ये बदत्तर रही
खुशबू जहन समझा नहीं
नाक तेरी जड़ रही
तुझको बस वो ही दिखी
जो आँख से सुन्दर रही

मै ये कहता नहीं
विजेता हकदार न था जीत का
गर मेरी समझे नहीं
तो शायद समझ कम रही
पहले तू ढीला रहा
इंतज़ार महीनो किया परिणाम का
फिर आया फैसला ईनाम का
फिर मिला संदेश ऐसा
जैसे घुट अपमान का 
मै मंदबुद्धि कवी
मै न समझू 4 P
पर ये जानू
मेरी कलम क्या लिख सके
क्या लिख सकी
मै न समझू 4 P
मै मंदबुद्धि कवी
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Brilliant....

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Congratulations winners.. Enjoy the goodies.

Suresh C, words need to be handled with care as they can be intrepreted in many different ways. I feel sorry that you felt bad about what had been said, as no blogger should feel humiliated after putting out his best effort for a contest. As for me, I don't mind all that anymore. 

Dr Ryan Fernandes
Dr Ryan Fernandes
from Mangalore
11 years ago
Congrats to all the winners. The winning blogs were really good & I enjoyed reading them. But really disappointed with the letter from surf excel. Seems like they were just getting back at us for all our delay regarding the delay. The only other reason can be is that they have a pathetic spokesperson who is not in the same league as others ;-)
Dr Ryan Fernandes
Dr Ryan Fernandes
from Mangalore
11 years ago
Congrats to all the winners. The winning blogs were really good & I enjoyed reading them. But really disappointed with the letter from surf excel. Seems like they were just getting back at us for all the criticism regarding the delay in announcing the results. How can they cancel the 3rd ipad just coz they feel the posts werent in the same league. The only other reason can be is that they have a pathetic spokesperson who is not in the same league as others ;-)
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Congrats to all the winners. With this ends the contests phase of my blogging tenure.

Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
11 years ago

Same goes with me TF

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Let me also specifically congratulate my good friends TSW, Ranjit, Naba and Rachna. Also Ayushi and Avalok who I kind of know but not enough to call exactly a friend. And all others who I do not know at all.

Ayushi Bhatia
from Faridabad
11 years ago

Thank You TF :). I sure would like to know you more ;).

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

@Ayushi - Sure.  Hope next time you win a contest, I can mention you also in the friends list. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Thank you, TF! Smile

Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

Thank you everyone!!

Punit Dubey
Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
11 years ago

Hey! Congratulations guys :)

Special mention to those I am connected with @Ranjith, TSW, Nabanita and Avalok...and that doest mean rest are out of League ;)

Well, CS calm down...shaant Gadadhaari bheem! :D And, @TF - I will be keep participating in a few contest, not just everyone, it actually pushes me to write at times....and, when are you re-starting your Story-writing  sessions? I missed it last time...

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
11 years ago

Pl allow to edit the comments, it looks so cheapo after submitting a comment with error/s :(

C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I am done with my self-promise to participate in all contests :) From now it is only on the if-i-feel-like-it basis :)

@Punit : You must be young else u would know nothing re-ignites wrath more than someone telling u 'shaanth' or is that what u want to do :)

Btw, just recd. my first flaming comment from the ubiquitous tribe of 'Anonymous' saying that my Sunsilk entry is a lame effort; should hv been abt my hair-straightening efforts in the days I did hv hair; and informing me abt the cutting edge scientific discovery that I could not hv been born bald :)  Unfortunately, I deleted the comment.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I am writing a lot, Punit. I got lot of ideas and no time. So at least for the next year, I don't need contests to push me to write. I just now made a post about the plans for the coming year.

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
11 years ago

@CS: yeah M young ;) 

Well, I am yet to be honoured by that Anonymous tribe, hell I dont write that good that they pay me a visit :/

@TF: I haven't been able to complete many of my half-written and yet-to-start posts, procrasrination and to some extent circumstances (shy) be blamed. Though, would for sure post my Ride and Life Resolutions for the coming year tonight (wish, without denting the little quality I try to maintain)

should i send in the hackers who hack my site, they attempt it daily. 

this was for punit

Vandana
Vandana
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Congrats to all the winners.

Frankly, I was really disappointed at not winning.Frown I did think that my entry was something unique with a good message to save water and not the usual cliched write up. Yet, Sony regards it as "not in the same league" as the winning ones. Looks like thinking out of the box and being unique is summarily dismissed as ineligible for winning a prize! Of course, it won't stop me from participating in more contests and I genuinely appreciate that IndiBlogger gives so many of us an opportunity to participate. My thanks to IndiBlogger!

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Well Vandana - These contest judges also have the criteria of how much the blog post goes with their message/product. So it is not crativity alone. Also you need to know if the sponsor's intent is to associate their brand messaging with some populor causes/messages or to just plain advertise their product. Depending on the intent, selection criteria will change. So it is not even certain that if you praise their product or write something related to their product you will get selected. Sometimes all that the sponsors want is link to their page. In that case they may go by votes if they are lazy or select based on a generic creativity criteria. You need to understand all this while participating if you want to win. Or you can generally keep participating and you will eventually win something by law of averages. I participated generally in 20 and won prizes in 4 of the contests. Now I am done with contests.

Best of luck for future contests.  

Vandana
Vandana
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Oops....A correction in my previous response: not 'Sony' but 'Surf Excel Team' [by mistake put Sony as that was the previous contest]

Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
11 years ago

even my post a poem where earth pleads to us is quite different I guess but I don't know the way he decision is made so I can't say what happenned!

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Yes, Vandana & Saurabh that was exactly my point. Its happening contest after contest except del monte whose results I truly liked. Loose no heart. I know it may sound ridiculous. Boycott Surf for sometime and u will be fine :)

hehehe, that's the spirit Ekta, Now  no more soaking just peeting da old traditional way with pitani. our ageold way to wash  by thrashing clothes with the pitani.

We (I) all deprived souls of I pad appoint you the Leader of "Operation Pitani."

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Operation Pitani? lolz...

Well Rio, Surf is long banned in my house. I in spirit of this contest bought bags of it so I can write a post...lolz......I bought a detergent called ghadi. Gave it to my maid for washing floor, she washed cloths with it by mistake and I realized how better is KTC than surf (which is only baatein)...So Ghadi is not in for me though, Ariel comes back...Here's for you surf excel team until u apologize for the arrogance u reflected in ur words-Pitani :P

Thos ewho do not agree with me, try the soaps n share the opinions :P

yo, ekta,  

indu chhibber
indu chhibber
from Kota
11 years ago

Congrats to all winners.Smile

The Young Bigmouth
The Young Bigmouth
from Delhi
11 years ago

When are we getting the prizes?

god knows

avalok
avalok
from Bangalore
11 years ago
I had forgotten about this contest...and i am away on new adventure. Just happened to check today with the iPad i won in an earlier contest. So congratulations to the iPad winners and also the rest. I hope the surprise gift is not another boxfull of Surfexcel 😀though i am sure my sis will be happy. I also thank The Fool, C S Suresh and others who had some kind words to say about my work. Like i said i am away on an adventure..a solo ride on my Apache across the Deccan for about a month. I have discovered some splendid and amazing places. Will blog about it if & when i return to Bangalore. Happy new year to All!

LockSign in to reply to this thread