Around The World With Expedia!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

So who wants to take an all-expense paid trip to the US, Australia, UK, Japan or Singapore next month?  This is probably our most exciting contest so far! Let us know if you have any questions! Smile

Around The World With Expedia

Replies 101 to 120 of 145 Descending
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Congrats to all the winners. This time I will definitely check out all the 35 posts. My new year resolution to participate in most contests and go through all the winning entries every time.

Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Nice and different resolution .

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

Excellent resolution... I think I'll follow suit as despite intending to i've never been able to check ALL the winning entries... as i tended to skim through a few. This is surely a habit worth adopting. Thank you for making me re-enter this 'reading' phase once again through your comment. :)

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Congratulations to everyone! Never was the contest thraed so busy after the declaration of results! :-)

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Tongue out

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Smile

thanks Ranjith,

sweta tiwary
sweta tiwary
from bangalore
12 years ago

Congratulations to all the winners... Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks Sweta Smile

thanks sweta

Revati Sahasrabhojane
Revati Sahasrabhojane
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Wow.. i'm new here, and this was the first time I participated in a contest, and I won vouchers! Yeyy! Thank you Indiblogger and Expedia, and a big big thanks to all of you, who read my post and encouraged me. That feeling you get when you receive a mail from Indiblogger saying someone voted for your post, Priceless. :)

I've been a lurker since I joined, but I think it's about time I came out from behind the bushes! Hello everyone!

And congrats to all the winners! Getting down to reading all the posts now!

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hey Revati,

Welcome to the Forum and Congratulations!!! Will have a look at your post too! Enjoy your voucher and Keep blogging! Smile

thanks Revati

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Going by my resolution, I have complete reading 11 of the winners. 24 more to go.

Aashish Sood
from Delhi
12 years ago

Thanks for the comment... Infact it was through your comment only that I came to know about the voucher :)

Kirti
Kirti
from Kharagpur, west bengal
12 years ago

OH MY GOD!! Arti Di congos!!!!!! and PL too!!

and to all the other winners as well!! :)

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks Kirti!! :)

Kirti
12 years ago

Japan!! thats so wow!!  :)

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yeah Kirti, it is indeed beautiful!! :)

thanks Kirti, 

Kirti
12 years ago

I was selected last year for a cultural exchange program (JENESYS) to Japan. we were scheduled to go in the summer but the trip was postponed due to the Tsunami. We again got notified in october as the trip was going to be held in December but it was cancelled finally. :(

so i missed the chance to go there :( my bad luck.

anyways, Kudos to you!

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Cultural exchange program sounds exciting, Kirti!! Never mind if it got cancelled though.. you will have many more opportunities in life, I am sure!! :)

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Reply to Arti - Yes I have lived in Japan for 2-3 months. You can send me a personal Indimail if you have some queries. (Not been to Kyoto though. But heard a lot about Kyoto and Nara for temples and culture. Hakaido is more for snow sports. Tokyo is for partying)

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks for all the help TF Smile

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Keeping with my resolution, 23 done - 12 more to go.

Sharon
Sharon
from Pune
12 years ago

Wow The Fool - maybe you can come up with your own winners' list after reading them all. I am sure some really good posts missed making it to the top positions. How about if you compile a list?:)

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Good idea - Sharon or Rekha ? But unfortunately I do not have time to go over 200 posts. But I want to go over the 35 posts that won to see what is good about them that made them win so that I can use that in my own blogs.

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
12 years ago

That's really a great idea The Fool...waiting :)

Sharon
Sharon
from Pune
12 years ago

The Fool - it's Sharon :)

Sandeep Biswas
Sandeep Biswas
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Participated for the First time in a contest and won vouchers(according to the website) !!! Thanks Indiblogger and Expedia!!

But haven't received the voucher yet!! Did it go back undelivered? I have already posted on the "support" section; the ticket is OPEN; almost been a week but haven't received a reply :(       Indi team is too busy, it seems :)

Renie/ Indi team, can you plz look into it? Thanks!!

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

True. there has been no information as yet on any of the prizes, I presume. Hope Expedia mails all relevant information on time...

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I was out of town (Psychology practicals and exams done) and so I am late in expressing my congratulations and happiness to the winners. I am so glad Arti, Pramod and other deserving entries will enjoy travelling around. Special congrats to first time participant winners. Good luck next time to others... especially some good entries. 

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thank you very much, Faridaji, Yours was a beautiful entry as always and I had loved reading it.. Missed you in the winners list, Farida ji..

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks Arti.. it was good to write about Tysha. I have had my share and it feels good when people like you who really deserve win. 

Sharon
Sharon
from Pune
12 years ago

@Arvind Passey - congrats! and will you be traveling alone? I have someone accompanying me and I am eager to get things underway, so that we get good rates on the ticket etc

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Likewise as Sharon.

@Renie: Could we have some updates on how things need to move forward, in the case of the person travelling with us, with regards to flight ticketing, visas, etc. Are we supposed to get going with all this on our own or will Expedia assist us in the procedure?

Arnab Maity
from Sydney
12 years ago

Arti, Arvind, Sharon: Did you get a call from Expedia so far? I mean are you aware if we can choose our dates or it will be decided by them?

Kadambari Devarajan
from Mumbai
12 years ago

It's the same for me - I would like to have my husband come along and am rather worried about visas and planning his travel. I'm eagerly waiting for some news from Expedia so as to figure out other stuff. Any news or information would be welcome! That we haven't even been contacted by the Expedia folks is a tad unusual - at least an email that they will send some info soon ought to have been sent out, right?!

@Arnab - Last I heard, we were supposed to travel on whatever dates they give and don't have the liberty of choosing dates. I hope that I either misunderstood this or that Expedia is a tad flexible on the travel dates ...

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

@Arti @Sharon & Rekha @ Arbab @Kadambari... Have already asked Renie if Expedia will allow my wife to accompany me... though, getting an NOC, in her case might need more days. Haven't got any reply so far.

I'm hoping that Expedia is taking so long because it may finally decide to send 'couples' in place of individuals! :)

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

This will finally turn out heavy on your pockets overall as hardly any one wants to travel alone. And whats the fun if you have to spend from your pocket to enjoy a prize.

Sharon
Sharon
from Pune
11 years ago

@Arvind - that sounds good....but since the school hols are also on, I wish they would tell us the dates - the kids need a break too - and it's so difficult to get tickets last moment!

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Renie, Renie, Renie... what has happened to Expedia? Tell us if there is any way we can help Expedia take decisions faster. :)

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Guy! Finally I've got an email from Expedia... asking me to submit some essential details and giving the name of the relevant contact person to help me plan my trip to Sydney, Australia!

Thank you, indiblogger... :) Things are moving now!!

Arnab Maity
from Sydney
11 years ago

Congrats Arvind! Sydney is an amazing place, I somehow had a gut feeling that they may offer you Sydney itself. Enjoy your trip:)

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Has any of the prize winners begun the process for visa and travel yet? If yes, whats your experience?

LockSign in to reply to this thread