What's that smell, boss?

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Laughing This could be the smelliest contest ever!

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=107

Replies 101 to 120 of 177 Ascending
Aditya
Aditya
from New Delhi
9 years ago

I won IndiPattani voucher for my second post.. thanx IB team and Racold.. 

Ekta Khetan
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
9 years ago

5 more Indi Pattani winners announced...mera number kab aayega? Meke bhi prize jitna hai Embarassed

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

No IndiPattani for me Undecided

I am eyeing atleast 4 indi pattani dude

Laughing

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Laughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Undecided

saumya
saumya
from bangalore
9 years ago

any word limit??

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

No word limit. 

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Can we assume all those who won IndiPatani prizes are out of contention for the final prizes? Or can a person win 2 prizes for same entry?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I think IndiPattani and early bird entries can win the main prizes also. Laughing

Not at all. I'm still in contention for the iPad Mini LaughingMoney mouth

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
9 years ago

If IndiPattanis are in contention, does it mean everyone else is out of convention? If IndiPattanis are the best of the lot so far and they are still in contention, then it can not be that some other entry has suddenly become better during the final judgement.

there will be further entries to the contest even after IPs are announced. And one of them may be better than all the posts till that post was submitted including hte winner of IP

@the fool, indi pattani will end three days before the closing date. Then by last date hundreds of more entries will be added on board. Then the judges will decide the top notch prizes from whole lot. Those who got indi pattani may get top prize as well if last moment ones fail to impress judges. My views only.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

TF so many doubts? Tongue out I never thought of all these things Undecided

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
9 years ago

@TF, Logically your are correct.

Rio, Ranjith,new entries can surpass the indipattani winners during final judgement, but the old entries (which alreday have competed with Indipattani entries and lost once) can not. Right? So by this logic,

(i) IndiPattanis may or may not win the final prize

(ii) Non-Indipattani entries till date, are definitely out of race.

Innocent

saket, your logic is not effective, as the judges of indi pattani and main prizes may be different set of judges and each judge has his own perception.

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

I think there won't be any discussion if your read what Renie has written -

The IndiPattanis were chosen out of the next ten (approx) entries

So, Indi-pattanis are chosen from next 10 so they are not compared with first 20 or other entries Innocent

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
9 years ago

Yes Rio, if the judges change, winners too can change. Wink  So all our entries are still in the race. Good.Laughing

I am sure for costly prize the top brass judges will judge, rest god knows better.
A try at indi pattani as well, submitted one more take.
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Rio - The eternal trier.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Write one for me also Undecided

Thanks @the fool, @ranjith, you were writing 20 posts, bro.
Bhargav Kesavan
Bhargav Kesavan
from New York City
10 years ago

I've submitted a post for this on March 18th! Only today I'd noticed that I need to embed the video too! and did it now!

I remember only facebook page for racold was asked to embed earlier! What now? If judges have come across my blog already, would it be disqualified?

no bro, I too saw it today and embedded the video, today itself.Laughing

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

That's why they have not written must on it. It's better if you do it. None of the earlier entries had it. Smile

Bhargav Kesavan
from New York City
9 years ago

oh ok :) Thank you Rio & Gaurab :)

Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
9 years ago

I am surprised at this concern. I did embed the video because it seemed important to my post, but I thought that we were supposed to just provide the FB link. Again, I did do both, but again I am surprised because all previus contests required us to provide only a link.

Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
9 years ago

I have now re-read the contest rules and it does indeed say to do both. I just wish that they were placed in the same paragraph; it would have highlighted that need more. I think that many people were just like me; I read the part about the link and disregarded the rest. I provided the video only because it seemed appropriate for my post.

I too did embed video later. In the beginning they didn't have the embed video clause. Later they added it.
Simply Bogus
Simply Bogus
from Bogus island
10 years ago

I Laughingwon prizes

JigarDhanani
JigarDhanani
from Mumbai
10 years ago

What is Indi-Pattani and how to get it?

write good and fast, and submit. it will be judged by sponsors and if judges like your post, you get the indi pattani award. it is some what like an early bird, with an added competetive factor.

write good and fast, and submit. it will be judged by sponsors and if judges like your post, you get the indi pattani award. it is some what like an early bird, with an added competetive factor.

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Indi-pattanis are the best entries in a time frame. The first 5 have been choosen and Renie has explained it above as well -

The IndiPattanis were chosen out of the next ten (approx) entries - basically the point of the Indi-Pattani prizes is to get more entries coming in early - it becomes difficult to make an extend/no-extend decision when all the entries come in the last hour!

Write a quality post and submit it early to win the prizes Laughing

Bhargav Kesavan
from New York City
10 years ago

Here you go! http://samosapedia.com/e/enthu_pattaani

Aditya
Aditya
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Submitted my second post.

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

That's great. Best wishes Smile

Shesha Chaturvedi
Shesha Chaturvedi
from Delhi
10 years ago

I am posting quite late here. This is the first time for me too, like many here that I won something at indi. Thankyou so much and congratulations to everybody :)

congo's shesha,

congo's shesha,

sorry, some error on my browser. duplicate posting.

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

There are many first time winners this time. It nice to see that there are some new winners like me. Congrats :)

Micky Fernandez
Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Two days ago, I submitted my entry. The next morning, I added two paragraphs regarding cigarette smokers. The next day (today, 26 March), I realized that the title was no longer appropriate so I have changed it now.

My question is: Should I cut-paste everything into a new post ad then submit that post (with the new title), or is what I have done not significant to the judges?

i think till closure of contest you can do some minor changes, but re submitting I will not advise.
Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Thank you Rio for the reply. I think that the additions and changes that I have made are minor. (I was somewhat concerned about the title change, though.) I hope that the judges will agree that it does not alter the idea of my post.

Yes micky, best wishes,
Aditya Jha
Aditya Jha
from New Delhi, India
10 years ago

Thank you IndiBlogger and Racold. Wrote the post in quick time but gave a fair thought to it, I'm glad it earned me the earlybird voucher. Congrats to fellow winners of the early bird prize and of course the IndiPattani prize. :)

What if you havent come across anyone smelly? Or when you did, it was not at all funny? ;)

Then you can right things as it is or u can write fiction. The choices are endless Smile but dont forget to give the link in your post

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

My encounter was not at all funny and I wrote about how miserable I felt. You have all the freedom, write it as you want. Smile

Rachh Agarwal
Rachh Agarwal
from Ahmedabad
10 years ago

Hey Guys, should the post be humorous or something serious? 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

There is no rule about the post being humorous but I think humorous posts have a higher chance of winning. Laughing

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

You have the full freedom to do whatever you want  in the post as long as you have the sponsor's link in the post as mentioned on the contest page Smile

Rachh Agarwal
from Ahmedabad
10 years ago

Ya when we talk about 'smelly' stuff, things oughta be humorous! Cool

Shesha Chaturvedi
from Delhi
10 years ago

Even if you write the most serious stuff, smell related encouters are automatically humorous for the reader! So write, don't think much! No rules are mentioned regarding the mood of your write ups! 

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

You can write the post in whatever way you like...you have total creative freedom Smile

Bhavana Lalwani
Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
10 years ago

what is indi pattani ???Innocent

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
10 years ago

why cnt I see the winning entries .. maybe aft reading them I can get some inspiration to write a smelly post (no such experience )

Entries are displayed only after the contest closes.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Bhavana Go to their profiles on IndiBlogger and visit their blogs to check their posts Wink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Bhavana Go to their profiles on IndiBlogger and visit their blogs to check the winning posts Wink

IndiPattani - Best of the entries submitted before a particular time. See Saket's answer hereLaughing

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
10 years ago

so Pattani means BIRD and what I thought or understood .."patni" .. whose patni SealedCry it is called height of Moorkhta

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Surprised

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Bhavana - One has do "pattani" first and then "patani" later Wink Tongue out

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

The early bird prizes were given to the first 20 entries received, minus a few which didn't conform to the topic. Most of the entries were submitted within hours of the contest going live! Smile

The IndiPattanis were chosen out of the next ten (approx) entries - basically the point of the Indi-Pattani prizes is to get more entries coming in early - it becomes difficult to make an extend/no-extend decision when all the entries come in the last hour!

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thanks Renie! I so much agree with you...I too have written quickly- as fast as I can..[at least that's what the positive me thinks so...rest is for u to check- as u would know better than me] Smile

Simply Bogus
from Bogus island
10 years ago

WellWinkdone Sir

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

When will be the announcement for the next set of names  ?

I didnt see my name initially in the list. YAY. My first win in IB Smile

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Congrats Narasimha Laughing This is my first win as well Cool Smile

Congrats to you as well Smile

Anita
Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Congrats to all the Early Birds & Indi-Pattani prize winners- happy for all the friends in the lists Cool Laughing

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thank you Smile This is my first win Laughing

Ekta Khetan
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

where did my comments go? Taking shower? Ummm

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago