An opportunity for every Indian blogger to get published!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

IndiBloggers!

On August 15 2012, on our independence day and IndiBlogger’s 5th anniversary, comes an opportunity for every Indian blogger to get published! Smile

IndiBlogger.in in association with HarperCollins will give you insight and a whole new perspective of the world of publishing. Submit your own stories, learn from the authors, talk to the editors, join a social community of book lovers and see your work in print.

Do help us spread the word, and get Yash Lal's book to start your first review:

http://www.indiblogger.in/getpublished/

Keep blogging!

Replies 101 to 120 of 197 Descending
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago
Medha Nagur
Medha Nagur
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Congratulations to all the indibloggers who made it to the list.Smile

congo's all winners, awaiting the stories in print.

Shrikant
Shrikant
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Congratulations to all who got shortlisted!

Chitra
Chitra
from Mumbai
11 years ago

can someone tell me how many phases of selection do we have...

Easwar Arumugam
Easwar Arumugam
from Chennai
11 years ago

Congrats to all who made it to the short list.

what happens after being shorlisted? will they contact us ?

Can the person who heads this forum or the contact from harper collins enlighten the shorlisted people on how to proceed next pls? Are all 300 people being given a chance or will they be further shorlistings? Please it would be of great help if some info is provided:)

Easwar Arumugam
Easwar Arumugam
from Chennai
11 years ago

Aparna is just right. I do have such questions, happy if someone answer them.

Easwar Arumugam
Easwar Arumugam
from Chennai
11 years ago

Aparna is right. I do have such questions; happy if someone choose to answer them.

The Nameless One
The Nameless One
from Mumbai
11 years ago

congrats to all those who are shortlisted, now the big battle begins!

Chitra
Chitra
from Mumbai
11 years ago

can someone answer my qts

1)how many stories would be published ? of all the 250 bloggers? or there is one more phase to it....

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Hey guys .. There is no way of telling the number of stories that will make it. It depends on the quality and the expectation is of the highest order. So this phase will be very tough on everyone including the bloggers and the panel. At the moment all we have asked from you are ideas, it hardly constitutes a story. Remember this book is for the world to read, so we must prepare and write well...

Chitra
from Mumbai
11 years ago

is there any link where in the rules are mentioned regarding the selection round  ie. phase2  in detail where they are saying there would be further selections or whatever other process... if yes.. please give me the link.

Richa Singh
Richa Singh
from Pune
11 years ago

hey Anoop! Should we wait for the mail or kickstart on our own. I hope there are no sepcific rules tht we need to consider so then we may delay the write up.

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Apart from a word limit (Around 3000 - We will confirm it via email in a couple of days) .. There are no other specific rules. We will also give a submit link to send us your stories. The deadline is March 31st. You can start writing your story.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

3000? It always said 3000-4000. Hope it is not changed now.

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
11 years ago

It has not changed .. The basic rules on the GetPublished forum are:

The short stories should be: a) Inspired from real-life love stories b) Within 3000-4000 words c) Original.

Stories
Stories
from Chennai
11 years ago

Submitted one story. Now to put the finishing touches on the other one. Fingers crossed. Hope atleast one will get published

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I had a small issue. In MS Word, my story word count shows as 3993 while in the submission window it shows as 4057. Don't know what is the issue. I hope that does not lead to disqualification of my entry.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
11 years ago

i had opposite issue. in ms doc it showed 4000 but the submission window it showed 3889...so i thought to type some more but now in ms doc when i checked it shows 4126 whereas in submission window it shows 4002....so which word count is right???

HI I am also having the same problem.On my Word the count is 3445. on the wubmission window 4168.

I think the indi bloggers should tell us something about it. that is clearly a technical error. but it can send you panic, at this time.

Richa Singh
Richa Singh
from Pune
11 years ago

I need help from the admin, my story may shoot up to reach 4500 words. Please tell me if its acceptable, because if its not then I may have to shorted things a little, may compromise on the quality then. It would go a long way if anyone from indiblogger or harper collins could help me with it. 

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I had the same issue. Had to struggle hard to squeeze it into word limit. But somehow managed. Let us see what they say. 

Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

Hmm ! I too faced similar issues. It is difficult to refine the story at a point when you feel that everything is perfect :D I found it difficult too.... :D

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Hey all,

regarding the word count: It is a short story, so its a challenge in itself. 3000 - 4000 is the maximum word limit. We will look into the word difference issue, so for now, a 100 odd word difference should be fine.

Even if you feel you have completed your story, It would be best if you keep making improvements until the last possible moment.

Below is a comment that I made on the GetPublished forum; I am sharing that here,

"Also, a note to all, Writing is a very serious process. If you are keen on getting published. I would suggest that everyone seek professional help if possible either online or through some established short story authors. Short story writing is a very tough art so getting your friends and family to read your finished story and give you suggestions may not be a bad idea. You will have to get used to some harsh critics though :-). The final stories that you write will be read by trained eyes with many years of experience and  a story may not be picked for reasons that we cannot fathom, so we must be thorough.Millions of stories are sent to publishers in India and very few make it. We have better odds I suppose. There are about 25 days left and that's all the time left to put together a story that is well written, so please do take all the help you can get and write down your masterpiece."

Looking forward to reading your story and Godspeed!

Hi, anoop,

I submitted my post, Word count is 3445. on the submission page it is 4168. why is this difference, it is not only me others are also facing the same, see the above comments. please resolve this, do not send us panic at this stage. :)

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
11 years ago

is my mc office different than others??...in my ms word it shows higher count and in submission window it shows lesser, while for others in ms word shows less and submission window it shows more!???

LockSign in to reply to this thread