Contest: The Perfect Road Trip!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Describe your idea of the perfect road trip. You can choose your car, your companions, the route and the destination. The most memorable road trips win Samsung Galaxy S4s!

Smile

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=83

Replies 101 to 120 of 232 Descending
Zadraf
Zadraf
from Ranchi
10 years ago

wow...... 344 entries for 3 Samsung Galaxy S4s.

1 winner for every 115 entries ... Now this is called Competition.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Renie Why is the entries count not displayed in brackets beside the title? Innocent I kept navigating through pages and pages forgetting that the total count can be known from the url. Undecided 

And 344 entries! Surprised Every one in two win somethingSmile

Meghana
from Bangalore
10 years ago

@Ranjith: the entry count is of course visible next to title..

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I really can't see it. Innocent Is there a problem with my eyes or my computer? Undecided Can you post a screenshot? Smile

Meghana
from Bangalore
10 years ago

@Ranjith, my laptop is crashed, using tab, not sure how to screenshot here...

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Learn it now. It will be useful. Laughing

Meghana
from Bangalore
10 years ago

How to do tht?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I would have answered you if I had a tab. :P Google told me that it Power + Volume down keys. Try it. Laughing

I checked with Firefox. It was showing both the title and entries count. But FB and Twitter boxes were missing. On Chrome it is the reverse. I don't know if if a problem with the browser or my computer. :P

Jagdish Chawla
Jagdish Chawla
from Noida
10 years ago

Hi all, How to confirm my entry is accepted, it is visible under my indivine my post, any thing else i need to check to confirm. Please suggest

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Copy pasting my reply from the other thread:

• Go to your 'My Posts' page.
  • Click on the link of your IndiVine contest post from that list.
  • Under the post title, you should see 'Posted under Travel, The Perfect Road Trip'. This confirms that you have submitted the post correctly.

Jagdish Chawla
Jagdish Chawla
from Noida
10 years ago

sorry Ranjith for troubling you. New to contest world. Foot in mouth 

Thanks for helping. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

It was not at all a trouble. All that I did was copy paste. Wink

Happy to help anytime. Smile

Sammya Brata
Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

As I said, I had submitted my post 5 days back, it's now hidden under the mass of last moments entrants Cool

riddhisharma
riddhisharma
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

@Riddhi Please dont post blog links on forum, it's highly discouraged...

Punit Dubey
Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

So, I have given up for the contest...but will write (complete the writeup) on this Perfect trip sometime later and post it to IndiVine :)

All the Best guys

Akash KB
Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Why people write 'I' (Capital I) as 'i' (small i) and News as Newses? These shilly grammatical mistakes are really frustrating... But IndiBlogger always choose them winnersmUndecided

Afshan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

haha Akash I saw many such posts in past :)

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

There was a forum topic or a post I remember about spellcheck by either Sudhajee or fatima ji - both veteran bloggers. 

But IndiBlogger always choose them winnersmUndecided

Is it?

Luck dude luck
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Writing small 'i' instead of capital 'I' may be a typo but newses is definitely not. But still, it's not a big deal if a very good post containing one or two such mistakes is chosen. ( I never read the winning posts. So, I don't know as to how many mistakes they contain. :P ) As as Rio, said Luck! Smile

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

LaughingLaughingTongue out

Sakshi Nanda
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Don't know about IB choosing them as winners 'always' but a HUGE difference exists between 'good writing' and 'contest writing'. For those of us who notice it, sometimes the results are quite disheartening. But I guess if you take it as fun-n-games, you enjoy it more. 

Afshan
Afshan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

As always again my posts are submerged deep down and will take time to get unearthed :-/ I just wish there was a way to bring it up other than asking people to voteLaughing

Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago
The Feeling is mutual :D Even I submitted my entry on the original submission date....
P.S. Now that we know, I guess we should read each others' entries...not as mere contest stuff, but as short stories Cool
Afshan
Afshan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

and the date was changed twice.. one shud remember to post in last min I guess :-o

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

It wont matter much, if at all.

IndiVotes are not counted while deciding the Winner!

IndiVine votes do not matter, and multiple entries are allowed.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Yes, yes you should remember to post in last minute like me. Cool If you forget, you effort goes in vain. Frown And the best ( and also the worst ) way to remember is to write your post in the last minute. Laughing

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

@Ranjith I was so engrossed in writing my Camp NaNoWriMo writeup that my mind stopped delivering any satisfactory answer to this theme, though I really wanted to write on it.

And, for Last Minute thing - Let's maintain an excel sheet (stats) but that wont included your entries - You win a lot Money mouth

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Excel sheet without me! :))

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

For the ones who love last minute posts, try todoist.com! It has a chrome extension too...

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I like an extension-free life and I can never forget submitting my entries. Wink

Punit Dubey
Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

I clicked 'Random' button twice

1. First Click -> Found @Akash KB's post on the page

2. Second time -> it was @Afshan's post

Dont think about glitches, just that you be read by viewers and the Judges Smile I didn't vote, for couldnt read the posts (preparing for a ride Cool right now) 

All the best guys!

All the best punit,
Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

Rio Sir, couldnt complete the writeup...I was too much involved with Camp NaNoWriMo and PADE. have you submitted your post?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I clicked 'Random' button twice

1. First Click -> Found @Akash KB's post on the page

2. Second time -> it was @Afshan's post

May be IndiBlogger uses previously read thraeds while showing posts on the random tab. ;)  :P

Too big All The Best! Smile All the Best to you for the contests in which you will be participating. Wink

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I love this little fellow with his wishes popping out of the computer screen, he seems to be so full of life! Thanks for putting this up, Punit. Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Arti

Wishes popping out of the screen! 

:))

Afshan
Afshan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Not about "no" of votes but if it is at last none reads..... and we couldnt find the posts our selves, thats th e only issue

@Ranjit : Yep I realised it last time :) but this time last date was changed thrice so was of no use

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

But you dont write for Contest, isn't it? Your regular readers will for sure read and appreciate it... :)

Read and share your views on other participating posts, that will for sure invite additional readers to your post...

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Afshan You should submit at 11:00 pm on the deadline day. Wink

Afshan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

@Punit : We do write for contest "too" when prizes are tempting and ya regular readers do read and ur funda most of the times doesnt work as ppl just leave with a vote as a courtesy and very few read back ! but ya i do read OTHERS' posts in my own time frame..

Thanks for reply

Shaumik Daityari
Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

any idea when the results will come out. hoping for a movie ticket Innocent

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

It say shortly, but guess you'll have to wait a little bit Wink

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Feeling so good to participate in a contest after a long time .. And I am thoroughly enjoying the reads, especially by bloggers who generally don't dabble in travelogues... There is so much creativity out there, it's not only fun but also so inspiring to go through them.. IndiBloggers really rock. Yes, WE all do.. May we all keep writing and keep motivating each other with our ideas and creativity for all the times to come... All the best to everyone. Smile

DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Best wishes Arti. I really dont think if you need my wishes though! Your entry is just superb, it should win!!
Sangeeta
from Bangalore
10 years ago
Best wishes to you too. I enjoyed the topic.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

All the best Arti. Smile

especially by bloggers who generally don't dabble in travelogues

None of my posts is a travelogue. Wink

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@ DS You speak too highly of my post!!

Thanks for the wishes though! You did not participate this time?

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@ Sangeeta Thanks Smile

@ Ranjith I will soon read your posts Ranjith!! Smile

You have again submitted multiple entries!! Surprised How do you manage that?? Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Arti All my posts are short ones - between 600 and 1000 posts. Read at least one. I'll be happy to have you as a visitor. Smile 

Poonam
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Ranjith, 600 - 1000 words or 600 to 1000 posts? Tongue out Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

It was words. Sealed I need atleast 15-20 lives to write those many posts. Tongue out

Poonam
from New Delhi
10 years ago

:))  15-20 lives ?!

Seriously Ranjith, Great sense of humor, kiddo. :))

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing.

Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
10 years ago

@DS +1 , quite agree . Arti ji entry is simply awesome .

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Dhiraj Your entry is equally beautiful, loved it... It's touching in a way to know how 'Team G Square' was formed on the roads and have gone on to become something that we love so much today. May the roads always beckon you to discover and explore and your journey continues for all the years to come. All the best. Smile

And, please call me - Arti. Innocent

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Ranjith Your Munna post is a sheer example of beauty and excellence. Enjoyed it, your creative works are always inspiring and more importantly very commendable. My best wishes are always with you. Smile I will read the other posts too. Wink

Please do read my post also, I will be very happy to have you as a visitor.. (and a comment-er Laughing).

Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
10 years ago

@Arti , thanks for those good words .  Ji comes out of respect, i will try to keep it in mind .

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

Feels like everybody is celebrating Arti's post Innocent

Well, I too visited and had a glance of your post, liked it (but must say it reminded me of @Ranjith's drawing Wink), will read it today or tom and then comment Cool

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Dhiraj: Respect and admiration is certainly mutual.. Thank you. :)

@Punit: 

.. must say it reminded me of @Ranjith's drawing Wink

Must add, Ranjith's drawings are actually drawings while mine are mere scribblings. Tongue out Thank you so much for the compliment, I am so glad you liked my post and do take some time to let me know your feedback, waiting for your comment. Smile Missed your take too, you were so excited to put up something for this one right from the day when the contest was announced.

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

@Arti - yeah, I had a sketch of a romantic short story but could not write it down. I got totally engrossed with my first attempt of 20,000 words at Camp NaNoWriMo- A novel/novella writing thing in a month and then have been participating in PADE (rides and trainings additional).

Will write it down sometime and share.

Sfurti Juztamom
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Arti just read your post...loved it. I have been craving for a solo trip for sooo long...soon very soon Cool..Loved your sketches also!! 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Arti I read Punit's comment and was about to say Arti's drawings are actually drawings while mine are mere scribblings. but I had some work and had to go. And now, I'm I am surprised that you have said the reverse. Surprised

Irrespective of which ones are drawings and which ones are scribblings,Tongue out the judges liked both our drawings. You won the Melbourne contest where you post had many drawings and I won the Surf Excel one. Smile

And a thanks from Munna for liking his post. Smile

DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
I certainly dont speak too highly of your post Arti. The above comments by others validate only the truth which I have spoken. And I am not participating in this one, need a cooling off period after losing another contest (we chat one).
Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Sfurti Thank you so much, dear. It was a delight going through your poetry as well, It's difficult to imagine someone coming up with a poetry as an entry for a theme like this... but creativity makes everything possible, isn't it? I am really glad to have come across some wonderfully talented people through this platform. Smile All the best to you!

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Punit Ah. Though we would have loved to see your entry for the contest but never mind about it. Your idea already sounds interesting to me. Do one thing, when you do put your story up... tag me in it on twitter so that I know, I'd like to read it. Will you?

@DS: Thanks again for your kind words, DS. And your wechat entries were wonderful, wish we could have one for this contest as well. Anyways, its good to see your blog up and running.. we all know about your cricket stories, they are simply brilliant! :)

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Ranjith ... And here's something for Munna. Smile

Chocolates for Munna

DS
DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Ranjith, in your Munna and Apple post, it should be 'He wanted to SHOUT Eureka...' Please correct it. And all the best.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Corrected it DS.  Smile Such typos always occur in my posts.

And thanks for your wishes. Smile

Aliasgar Mukhtiar
Aliasgar Mukhtiar
from pune, mumbai
10 years ago

Hi I had submitted my post 5 days back since I was not aware that you should post last for more visibility, any chance i can refresh my post

Sangeeta
from Bangalore
10 years ago
Same here. I don't think so. Ideally it should have all been dated 27th irrespective of date of posting.
Sangeeta
Sangeeta
from Bangalore
10 years ago
This is the first time I participated in a contest and enjoyed writing my post since travel is close to my heart. Good luck to all.
Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

A really good one for a blog like "Life Is A Vacation"Smile

Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
10 years ago

All the best . Even I have participated for the first time .

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

All the best, Sangeeta. First time is always special. Enjoyed reading your trip to North-East India. :) It is one of the destinations in my bucket-list and I so hope to explore those regions some day.

Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
10 years ago

@Arti , do call us when you are ready to explore N E .

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Sure thing, Dhiraj. It would be such a pleasure to discover new places with one of my favorite travel bloggers and since Sangeeta has all the plans ready, we will ask her to accompany us and take us around. Smile

Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
10 years ago

That will be great .

Sangeeta
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Sure Arti, it will surely be fun. Every year I think of NE and end up elsewhere. 

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

Please count me too for the NE trip...this is one place, after Leh, that I am not able to go in spite of plannings :/

What about next year late feb/March?

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Of course, you are in.. Punit. Everyone is invited. And with all of us together, this will surely turn out to be a perfect road trip to cherish for a lifetime! Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Arti Free tickets milenge kya? InnocentWink

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

is it only limited to travel bloggers?? Innocent

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Ranjith Cant say about free tickets but we can surely dream of free petrol - courtesy Ambi Pur. Tongue out

@Nandini: Of course, it is open for EVERYONE > The more, the merrier. Smile

Aliasgar Mukhtiar
Aliasgar Mukhtiar
from pune, mumbai
10 years ago

actually since we all have posted earlier , we should be credited more benefit , anyway let the best post win

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

It's not the Best Posts, it's the Lucky Posts WINSealed

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

No, the last minute submissions should be given preference as we managed to meet the deadline even after being too busy. :P:P:P

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

if last minute submitters dont submit, then there would be very little participants, so last minute ones are very importantLaughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Well said Nandini :P

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Ranjith @Nandini - If Renie will start giving preference to Early Submitters, the concept of Last Minute Submission will vanish overnight.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

And if Renie starts giving preference to late submitters, the concept of early submissions will vanish. Wink

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

there were early bird prizes in some other contest, for early submitters

Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Same here Aliasgar :D 

Nevermind...I will visit your indi pro and make sure I read your post....do read mine as well :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I submitted my posts early to win those early bird prizes for KOI but I didn't. Undecided

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Were there early bird prizes for any contest except the Apollo one?

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

shaumik...early birds were for KOI and wechat contests too

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@nandini- for the wechat contest, i think they were never displayed. and i am not sure if it was mentioned anywhere that there were indeed some early bird prizes...

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i think there was twitter contest going on as early bird, they got razer mice

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Oh right. How could I have forgotten the Razor mice! Tongue out

Akash KB
Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Ranjith - Too busy? where?? On IB Forum Or Ambi-pur ???

The 11.59 hrs submitters should be awarded with an Ambi Pur sample and +10 pts out of 100.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Too busy passing time. Wink

I submitted between 11:00 and 11:30 pm. So, I am not one of those who get only the Ambi Pur sample. Wink

Saurabh
Saurabh
from Delhi
10 years ago

Though I had been blogging for a while, it was lost to me for some time now. Paucity of time, angry bosses and my own laziness all making me procastinate writig. But thanks to this competition (writing about road trip), it brought me back to writing.

I am now just hoping to go on a real road trip soon..!

LockSign in to reply to this thread