Colgate 'The Moral of the Story is...' contest

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Two out of every three Indians suffer from gum problems and are unaware of it. Blood can be the sign of bigger gum problems like gingivitis, receding gums or even tooth loss if left untreated. One should not ignore the warning signs your body gives you!

So blog away, write a moral story about ignoring warning signs and win great prizes :

• 1 Sony XPeria Z
  • 16X Rs 5000 Nike vouchers
  • Colgate hamper for all participants with a valid entry

For more details, visit the contest page.

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: -
Replies 101 to 120 of 237 Descending
Ekta Khetan
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I have stopped waiting as I barely ever have won any contest...So do not see much chances here.

Dunow when will I start writing prize winni ng posts Frown

Ekta Khetan
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I have stopped waiting as I barely ever have won any contest...So do not see much chances here.

Dunow when will I start writing prize winni ng posts Frown

@Ekta : Small tip when it comes to blogging.... Its pretty much like travel; its not about the destination. The great affair is to move. The same way, write for the passion of it and not for the contests.And who knows one day your passion; am sure will shoot up on the winners list.Wink

Good Luck!Cool 

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Exactly. It's about the posts, it's about the blog, it's about us.

Everything else is secondary! Cool

Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
10 years ago
I agree with Benjamin!
Canary
Canary
from Bangalore
10 years ago

oops I though Renie said they got names last wed and were validating it :)

Nishant Gandhi
Nishant Gandhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

So no update even today? Gosh why so much of delay Renie? Haven't the Colgate people got back till now?

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Patience is the name of the game ;)

Shaumik Daityari
Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Any updates IB team? Innocent

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Patience is the name of the game Tongue out

Sfurti Juztamom
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Want happened to the smiley protest???

I liked the diwali dhamaka!!

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I am still very patient. Just asking to make sure the IB team knows we haven't forgotten about this. Tongue out

The moral of the story seems to be : Be patient as much as you can....Tongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

LaughingLaughing

SealedSealedSealedSealedSealedSealed

Lets use this simely hoping for early declaration of results.

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

We tried that earlier. Many other gifs too. Didn't work Innocent

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

tell them you didnt brush ur teeth for last two months in hope of getting colgate hamper, they may take pity on u and declare the resultLaughing

Shaumik Daityari
Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I think the results would only be declared after a definite number of inactive days in this forum Tongue out

Nishant Gandhi
Nishant Gandhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

IB team - at least give us a new date for results!

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

munnabhai ishtyle protest

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

But looks like Dashanan (40% extra free Tongue out ) like protest Laughing

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Lol....Trust AV to count the number of smileys! Cool

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Update! We got the results, our team will start verifying the results tomorrow. ETA for now is wednesday!

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I was right. Wednesday is 24th, the original date for the dispatch of the prizes :P

Sayantini Bhattacharya
from Chakdaha
10 years ago

Thanks for the update Renie!!

Bhakti Sharma
from Pune
10 years ago

Any updates on this Renie..Its way over a week so we expect a new ETA at least

@Everyone: My trick worked out of using simely.  

Thank you Renie for the update on results for this contest. We the members have always been complaining about result declaration. 

Have a nice day.

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Pravin, thanks for your trick.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Let me use your trick and see if I will a prize. Wink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Pravin, your trick failed. Results postponed again. Sealed

Mohammad Farooq
Mohammad Farooq
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Chalo finally koi date to mili... 

Ponnappa
Ponnappa
from Bangalore
10 years ago

@Renie ... Will the results be announced for sure tomorrow????

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Sorry once again people. Frown We've sent the list back to Colgate, it didn't pass our quality check (there wasn't enough emphasis given to creativity). There was one plagiarist, but that's not really a big issue in terms of time taken to replace him. We'll let you know as soon as we have an update, but I personally feel this is going to take a few days at the least!

TechChumz
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Renie, I really appreciate the efforts you guys are putting in to ensure fairness sic "(there wasn't enough emphasis given to creativity)" And also the way you're doing your best to catch plagiarists.

FYI, even in the non contest posts, I sometimes see entire paras ripped off from another blog.

At the same time, I feel you could do more. I think it is ok for a company to award posts which are promoting the products a lot as long as they are very creative and fulfil the purpose, and all Indibloggers who win are doing a very good job in that they do meet the required contest description very creatively in addition to promoting the product.The problem lies with the company not stating it is looking for a big part of the post to promote its products!!

I think (hypothetical example) it's wrong for a deodorant company to write in the contest description that we should describe who we would love to dance with and for what reason, and then award prizes to people who praise the deo. Let them frankly state we should promote the deo.

In fact, if the company deliberately shuns self promotion and gives prizes solely based on creativity, we Indibloggers can publicize it as a honest and ethical company. Please drill it into the companies Renie. This promotion stuff is really going too far.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Rakhee you're SO DAMN CORRECT !!!

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Totally agree with Rakhee.

Oh Gosh! Not again. 

@Renie : But am happy, IB is taking things seriously but just not accepting anything and everything from sponsors.We've waited this long, am sure we can wait a little longer.

Cheers Cool 

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Good thing. I will be traveling tomorrow Tongue out

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
10 years ago

Plagiarists are stupid... why don't they realise that the copy-paste technique doesn't work and never worked. They should remain content in their plagiarism holes and with their plagiarising friends applauding each other... but then they become ambitious and want to win contests!

I do hope Indiblogger will weed out plagiarists from the Awards nominations too.

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

You know catching plagiarism few years ago must have been a bit more difficult. You would need to search the exact sentence/para in double quotes in Google.

Nowadays, there are so many tools to measure the amount of plagiarism in your articles, it's utter stupidity to copy-paste anything! And that too for contests...

True say Arvind ji,
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Quality Check? Innocent That sounds both good and funny. Wink

LockSign in to reply to this thread