Anonymous Soul
from Mumbai
8 years ago
Replies 101 to 120 of 372 Descending
Alka Gurha
Alka Gurha
from Gurgaon
8 years ago
Wow, folks are writing so many posts per day. I took a week to write one short story. Anyway, I wanted to write for the joy of writing. Happy with the fiction I penned.
National Views
National Views
from Mumbai
8 years ago

I read a very interesting post under Tata zica marathon. The article was good no doubt but it had no keywords mentioned in the article at all...neither impact nor peppy, navigation and fantastico. I wonder whether the article will be eligible or not. Can anyone frOm IB team clear this...

Chandresh Jain
Chandresh Jain
from Delhi
8 years ago

Don't Know , but ZICA may be re-branded as it sounds too similar to ZIKA virus  ... Then may be we have to amend all of our posts .. 

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
8 years ago

true, strong possbility.

thankfully this marathon is not about zica but general stuffs so only snippet of code should be changed

Chandresh Jain
from Delhi
8 years ago

It's confirmed ...http://auto.ndtv.com/news/tata-motors-to-rename-zica-hatchback-1272856 

Shubham Nyaik
Shubham Nyaik
from Indore
8 years ago

Can horror stories work?

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
from Mumbai
8 years ago

So long as it is Peppy, features a Fantastico Ghost who likes Music that has an Impact on Navigation.

Innocent

Atulpriya Sharma
Atulpriya Sharma
from Hyderabad
8 years ago

Well, as expected here it is: http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/Article.aspx?eid=31809&articlexml=Now-Zika-virus-claims-Tata-Motors-Zica-03022016015041 Now let's see what's in store for this marathon...

Gauri Kamath
Gauri Kamath
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Perhaps Tata Motors can now have a contest with IB on renaming the ZICA Tongue out 

Happy Hour perhaps Laughing

Pallav Gogoi
Pallav Gogoi
from Noida
8 years ago

Press Statement on ZICA rename:

http://www.tatamotors.com/press/press-statement/

DS
DS
from Mumbai
8 years ago
  • You may submit 60 posts for each of your blogs every 24 hours. Surprised
  • That is 2.5 Posts Every Hour Undecided
  • Which is 2.5*450 = 1125 Words (MInimum) Every Hour Innocent
  • Which is 18.75 Words every Minute Surprised

Beyond the realms of any human unless you have your friends and family writing posts for you too.

I feel that 5-6 posts per day should be the limit, have 60 posts per day limit is making the system open to all kinds of malpractices and abuse.

Even 5-6 good quality posts are not possible for 30 continous days, the effort is quite draining and it requires extreme concentration and dedication.

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

Beyond the realms of any human unless you have your friends and family writing posts for you too.

**unless of course you are Viru Sahastrabuddhe or Virus (3 Idiots) -- ambidexter of the highest order (I say of the highest order because he could write with both hands simultaneously :))) I know this sounds chimerical but imagine if you too could write 2 different posts simultaneously - the right hand writing one and the left hand writing another Tongue out  

Mohit
from Mumbai
8 years ago

DS, I am not able to write many articles because I need to write for a client plus for my blogs as well as need to go to college on some days..Only those who're having good time may be able to go for the top 10 prizes and the 2 cars as the top 10 winners may have at least of 150 posts. I hope that some new happy hours and other contests will be there soon....

DS
from Mumbai
8 years ago
Haha! Many of us would be wishing for that kind of ambidexterity in such times! But really Amit, those are only fantasies and not possible. Also the mind needs rest and refreshment, no one can write continuously. I love cricket and I can write and talk on it non-stop but still I need topics to write on it. I'm able to find 2-4 good topics for each day and I'm writing on them. With the Asia cup and ICC World T20 coming up I'll find a lot more topics which will help!
DS
from Mumbai
8 years ago
Mohit, I disagree with you on that point. I have a full time job and living in Mumbai I leave home at 7 in the morning only to return around 7-8 in the evening. But still I'm finding whatever little time I have for writing on the niche of my blog. I have not deviated from my blog niche for this marathon.
Gitanjali Banerjee
Gitanjali Banerjee
from Delhi
8 years ago

Frankly, I am quite enjoying this marathon contest. Marathon is all about consistency and stamina. As a blogger, I am motivated to write consistently which is a great outcome of participating in a contest. the catch here is to stay true to your readers. So, those who are posting quantity and are just concentrating on sheer numbers are actually playing with their blog reputation too. So, you have to maintain quality with justified quantity. The trick is in the balance!

This is what I believe :) Again, marathon is about speed and consistency.

Funny contest. It's like spamming own blog!! Tongue outSealed I for one, decide against spamming Tongue out

Jade Dsa
from Mumbai
8 years ago

my exact thoughts. Will be sad/funny if those spamming with 50-60 posts lose the car as well as whatever followership they had. 

Unless of course the blog is created to win freebies.. then no comment lol!

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

That's why IB sent us an email this morning detailing the moderation criteria and the very first condition goes as such - 

The 1st commandment: Thou shalt always be true to your reader A reader deserves to enjoy meaningful content on your blog. A reader should not read a post and think to him/herself “Hmmm… This looks like a bunch of keywords used in a bunch of sentences”. Blog posts need to provide value in an informative, entertaining and expressive way.

Thus the onus is on the blogger to construct a meaningful and informative post and not just string together random lines using the keywords now and then. Having said that, there have been quite a few qualitative entries submitted as well, I have read a few and those posts certainly didn't look like spam at allSmile

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Srikanth Ramakrishnan
from Mumbai
8 years ago

IB's mail today morning was a wakeup call to those who thought 'Chalo, lets put together a few sentences for the marathon'.

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

Now the most important commandment that I feel IB must take care of.

The 4rd commandment: Thou shalt send such helpful mails at the start of the campaigns

Such helpful mails are worth their importance when sent in a timely manner. Now since we are almost halfway down the line in this campaign, and also that we all have submitted atleast some of our blogposts for the campaign (atleast for the vouchers), it's useless getting such mails.

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
from Mumbai
8 years ago

To be honest, just because it is a blogging marathon, and a mail didn't come right at the start doesn't mean that Chalo, let's spam our blog with 10 posts a day.

DS's post on the quality of posts is what really matters.

CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

I don't know if I said or meant anything (explicitly or implicitly) about the quality of blogposts. As far as spamming/not-spamming, it is personal preference. Some people like spamming their blogs, some don't, and so we are no one to take a stand on that for others. We can only take a stand about ur actions, and that should be enough. Again, reiterating what's a known fact - QUALITY IS SUBJECTIVE.

As far as I understand, I was just referring to the mail sent to us all, regarding the guidelines, when almost half of the contest is over. If I, some way or the other implied anything about quality of blogposts, I am sorry for that.

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
from Mumbai
8 years ago

I never implied that your post had anything to do with Post Quality.

I merely implied that Common Sense must take priority in such conditions.

Sonia Rao
Sonia Rao
from Mumbai
8 years ago

I have not received any email. 

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

Good news guys, I guess some of you must have started getting these mails. Moderation has started. I just got a mail about approval of one of my entries.

Atulpriya Sharma
from Hyderabad
8 years ago

Are they approving only entries which don't have any keyword in the title of the post ? Becasue for me the approved ones are without any of the keywords in it.

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
8 years ago

Titles don't need to have any of the keywords!

Atulpriya Sharma
from Hyderabad
8 years ago

Don't "Need" to have is fine, what if they "have" and the content is relevant and nowehere close to "keyword-stuffing". That should be fine with moderators I guess...

CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

And for me, I have just got one approval mail, that too for a blogpost that I had submitted at number 5. Now I am just guessing about what happened to the earlier entries I submitted.

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
8 years ago

Yep, that should be fine! Smile

Thousif Raza M.B
from Bangalore
8 years ago

@Renie: Will we only get approval mails or rejection mails too? because i haven't recieved any and i'm starting to get stressed. Cry

Atulpriya Sharma
from Hyderabad
8 years ago

@CyberKID: same thing here, got for my 9th post, hence thought to check whether the Keyword thing was an issue.

@Renie: Thanks for the clarification :)

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
8 years ago

Please don't get stressed just yet! Smile The entries have been split across several moderators, who will be moderating at different schedules over the next week.

And yes - every entry will receive a status email!

Thousif Raza M.B
from Bangalore
8 years ago

@ Renie: Thank you so much for the reply Renie :)

CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

Thanks for clarifying that. Laughing Please do give some vouchers to the mods too, they're going to be doing some mountanous tasks in the days to come.

Katie
from chennai
8 years ago

@Renie, are you looking  at any minimum number in entries? And also a clarification on the 10 blog posts. Is it within the first 1000 entries you received or the first 1000 entries putting the maximum posts per blogger at 10.

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

[Censored]

Pallav Gogoi
Pallav Gogoi
from Noida
8 years ago

This Blog Marathon is getting more footfalls than Auto Expo Laughing

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
8 years ago

I thought the quality was the king and the keyword the queen and gave most importance to both, including the keyword where ever I felt it fit best. Changing rules and annoucning that it's 'forced' after half of the contest is over simply kills all the enthusiasm. 

When the mail for amendmandts was sent, I could hardly change the titles now as I can change the titles in my blog posts but they will remain the same on Indivine.(where I have no power to make amendmants).

In the beginning of the contest, all you are given are a couple of keywords. Suddenly a set of rules and limitations are thrown towards the end of the Marathon. Is this fair Renie? I don't think so. Not at all.

Very Dissapointed. Truly dissapointed. Deeply Dissapointed.

Bushra M
from Bangalore
8 years ago

*disappointed. 

Arti
from Mumbai
8 years ago

I could hardly change the titles now as I can change the titles in my blog posts but they will remain the same on Indivine.(where I have no power to make amendmants).

You do have the power to edit your IndiVine entries, if that is what you meant. Go to IndiVine > My Posts >  Figure out a tiny-winy symbol of a paper-pencil right besides the title > Click that to edit.

Bushra M
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Wow! Didn't know this!! 

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

Got a rejection mail too. Cry

TechChumz
from Bangalore
8 years ago

For which post? Gimme the link, I'll cry for you, too... like Rudali used to cry for others...Cry

anupam joseph
anupam joseph
from Lucknow
8 years ago

Waiting for the mail. I wish I had written more. Ek do reject bhi hote to it would have been ok. All of a sudden its scary marathon for me...

P.S does anyone know how many posts to be written for being eligible for the consistent writer thingy???

TechChumz
from Bangalore
8 years ago

You have time till Feb 21 to write more. Keep writing. Don't give up.

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

Hey Anupam, don't give up just yet, there is still some time left - about 16 days. You can still write for the contest. And be optimistic about your chances. 

Well, the height of optimism is when you have submitted only one entry and yet dreaming about winning the Tata Zica for that sole submission. That's me =)) I'm not even thinking about what if that sole blogpost of mine gets rejected :P

anupam joseph
from Lucknow
8 years ago

Hehe Amit..you show height of optimism and I lean more on the opposite side, so I consider myself out of car race aur assured voucher ki 1000 entry khtm so no use of writing more.

CyberKID
from India
8 years ago
But then the rate at which the blogpost submissions are being rejected, I have a severe doubt that entries in the late 1000's and early 2000's too might get the voucher.
TechChumz
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Well, be optimistic, our future posts won't get rejectedLaughing

Katie
Katie
from chennai
8 years ago

Being the first marathon, I was not sure what was in store. Now getting the idea. Leaderboard people, keep up your good work - just ensure the terms are met. Go! Go! Go Bushra, Karthik, DS, Sarthak and others.  Your hardwork will pay!

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
8 years ago

thanks Katie. as you rightly said , I've always ensured i never force fit the keywords and think only on those terms :)

so fingers crossed..

LockSign in to reply to this thread