Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago
Replies 121 to 140 of 144 Descending
Bhavana Lalwani
Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

what kind of joke is this .. I registered my vouchers 3 days ago and then made booking request as per guidelines. according to bigcityreward procedure, I should have get a confirmation sms  24 hours prior to  the booking time and date (in my case it is friday 6th june 4;30pm). no sms so far, I called that loreal salon which is enlisted there on bigcityreward site and guess what they are saying .. Dove ne ye scheme hamaari permission k bina hi chalaa di hai hamara koi link up nahi hain  aap bigcity walon se  hi baat karein, ham kuchh nahi kar sakte.

I sent an email to bigcityrewards regarding my problme and instantly I received  reply (obviously auto genertaed with ticket Id) it saying "

A support representative will be reviewing your request and will send you a personal response.(usually within 24 hours)." 

YellYellYell

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

Surprised

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

maybe Loreal is Dove's rivalTongue out

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

in that case, why they enlisted Loreal's name to their website ???? why giving us a lollypop of  "salon Vouchers"  ???

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

i just made a wild guessInnocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Dove ne ye scheme hamaari permission k bina hi chalaa di hai hamara koi link up nahi hain 

Surprised

Ib should stop giving big city coupons / vouchers as prizes Sealed

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Lost my registered number while travelling. Haven't been able to update my profile details yet. I think they sent the text on that number. Frown Can't even hold a giveaway now Cry

Bhavana Lalwani
Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

one more update .. today morning received a call frm Swati, she inquired about DOVE team response and asked for my booking details. that was  a very positive conversation. IB team oding their best to resolve this issue.. ab kash DOVE ko bhi thodi samjh aa jaaye. 

Ekta Khetan
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
9 years ago

This is really frustrating team.. I have booked a week in advance and now I am getting a call to say that it is not available and available only on thursday that too from11 am to 5pm?

NOw I am not a lukkha blogger but I have a full time job and how am I suppose to live with so much terms and conditions? like use only 3 at a time..no weekends..no bookings...they ae asking me to go panvel..Who will take me to panvel from Kandivali?

I am really sick of this Big city thingy with Dove. Indi team, pl take a stock. Either get me a booking or get me other vouchers...I do not have patience to go through this procedure time and again. last year also I wasted all my vouchers. I dont want to see them go wasted now.

Saru Singhal
from Toronto
9 years ago

I agree with 'Big City' being irresponsible. I dealt with them twice and their staff lies and doesn't coordinate properly.

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Yeah..he is telling me that all saloon have black out except the one at Thane and Panvel..It is like travelling to other city for me :(

How can I take an appointment on weekday morning that too to an unknown saloon? He gave a 6 digit number, saying yehi hai.

Bhavana Lalwani
Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

one more update.. around an hour ago I received  a call from a guy names Kiran Raj (bigcity promotion). he asked "haan Madam"?  I replied ..." ye sab hua hai (explained everything)" . he replied back .. " at present yahi ek salon hai jodhpur mein jo ham available karwa sakte hain par wahaan abhi slot free nahi hai give me 24 hours, I will confirm your booking". now lets see .. but I guess now I wont get time for  next 10 days.. field job has its own troubles. weekend services could have been a good option coz this is the only best time when I am free and in a typical mood of salon and beautyparlors.

Bhavana Lalwani
Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

why can't DOVE give us shopping voucher of any cosmetics selling website .. or just normal shopping voucher ? why to stick with salon thing ?? why not explore other options ??

Ekta Khetan
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Swati and Indiblogger team..can you pl look into this? We are nearing expiry of the coupons.

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Phew! I sorted my 1st booking...waiting for the next one now.

Anita
Anita
from Bhubaneswar
9 years ago

I registered my Vouchers & tried placing my request to schedule appointment.

Sad to see that the available dates are only from June 13-19th - no dates from 19th June to 7th July are available.

That's strange & unfair. Vouchers should be valid till 7th July. Surprised

Wish we get to use it easily. Redemption seems tough.

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
9 years ago

I got a call from BigCityRewards.

They informed me that we can book for 1 week at a time (we can select only one of the dates in the next 7 days). That's why now we can't place a request to schedule appointment for the first week of July.

As a weekend time-slot is not available as per my request, I have been assured that I'll get a confirmation call from them on Monday! Sealed

Ekta Khetan
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Anita, Bhavna

I suggest you pick up the saloon where u want to take services from, call them n visit personally n check with them. Tha would help you or alternatively, raise a ticket with big city team directly. 

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
9 years ago

Ekta, Now waiting for the Big City Team's response. Hope they keep their promise & schedule my appointment for next week Innocent

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

last time when u psted tht u hv managed 1st booking, that day I mailed them (bigcity walas) next day or the same day dnt remeber exactly I received a call frm them. the lady informed me tht now Loreal salon is not available and there is another salon XPOSE Unisex salon is the only avilable option.. she asked me "aap kab booking karna chaahte hain date and time bataao?"  it was a sudden thing and I said ok book it for the coming friday 4pm .. however, now I feel may not be able to visit the salon on the fixed time.  moreover, I hv inquired abt this new salon Xpose and the feedbak is "Ok OK hai, pass mile hain to karwa lo hair spa and head massage" .

frankly speaking now I hv lost all tht craze and excitement of winnig salon voucher. DOVE played with us and VERY WELL they played .. what pathetic thing is .. advance booking tht too in such a random manner and that lady said "zaruri nahi ki aapko confirmation sms mile, aap toh fix date pe 15 minutes pahle wahaan chale jana. aapka slot book ho gaya hai ab." 

my response to all this chapter .." Dear Mister/Miss DOVe .. hamse galti hui jo is contest mein participate kiya .. ab kabhi aisi bevkoofi nahi karenge aur aapne jo voucher dekar ham par ahsan kiya uske liye zarurat se jyada dhanywaad.

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Anita, I just had a very bad experience with this whole bad thing.. While I explain in detail, I strongly recommend that u register the voucher on dove site, take print outs n call us preferred salon for appointment. Big city is quite unreliable. I was given an appointment two days back incl confirmation SMS but parlor refused to take booking saying they r not intimated n can't accommodate on Saturday. I'm in this salon since 11.30 in morning and till now I'm pinged n told that I'm getting a favor as my appointment was not booked n salon will get payment only in December n blah blah.. 

Bhavana,

My two cents on this is- decide a salon u want to visit, call them up n ask for ur preferences n appointments.. Once they confirm, ask them the process.. Call big city n register.. And try to get all the 2.5k service in one go and run as fast as you can unless the parlor Ppl r good n gave u decent service. 

I have chosen Radiance in Mumbai n unless I experience a parlor worse than this or am really in need, I may not come back. The staff is nice but the mgt is abusive.

Big city promotion has always been a pain in neck.. I have ai many unused movie n spa voucher pending unused. I think this whole problem is nothing but lack of coordination n "comprehension".

What a waste of day.

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

In my case its not possible to choose the salon coz DOVE bigcity award site is still showing the LOREAL salon  the only option whereas, DOVE ppl have booked XPOSE salon for me.. you are very right Ekta its all due to lack of coordination.. moreover, why any other brand (Lakme, Loreal, Habib) will provide services for DOVE contest winners? we are not their headache ... XPOSE salon is not related with any specific brand name therefore, I guess they agreed (however, I am yet to call them up and inquire about my booking) ... tomorrow will ask them about the services and as u have suggested all vouchers in one go .. I dnt have more energy or interest for next booking and this cumbersome process called DOVE bigcity Yell

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Bhavana,

Sweetheart, Dove, lakme etc are part of same group- HUL..that is why they have booked them, probably. The salon where I went, they took us ay 11:30 and left us at 8pm..Do not worry, they did not do any special service to us but the coupon stuff only. But the owner was such a firebrand, she fougt with almost every customer and then told me- hum ko bicity se paisa sirf December mein milega".. Phew! They changed the rates on the spot..I am gonna blog about them.. Still it is better if talk directly to LOreal peopl and get an appointment there. 

The stuff about busy Saturday was an eye wash as barely there were much customers. However only 2 girls were there, managing all. 

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
9 years ago

Ekta, Sorry to learn of your bad experience. Even I was told that the weekends are full!

Makes sense to fix an appointment with the Salon. Will do. Thanks! Cool

I was told by BigCity that we can only use 3 Vouchers at a time. Using them all together would have been convenient & saved our time & effort. 

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
9 years ago

Bhavana, When the BigCity people contacted you, why didn't you insist that you want the LOREAL Salon?

So strange that though the award site is still showing the LOREAL salon as the only option, they are offering you in another salon. Doesn't seem fair... Surprised

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

Ekta

ohh, I wasn't aware of this same company and diff brand name thing.  you really had a tough time, I think if I were on your place, I would have ran away Frown I am not much of a patient person.  regarding appointment at LOREAl, as I have already mentioned in this thread,  they are clear on their stand "we have no collabration wid BIGCITY" however, I will talk to XPOSE ppl if they can give me an appointment on weekend . waiting for your blog post eagerly.

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

Anita,  

I have lost interest in this salon thing, and when DOVE lady phoned me she clearly said "abhi yahi salon available hai." so we can understand tht LOREAL has refused their offer due to whatever reason. 

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Anita, Good to learn that you finally managed teh appointment..Yay! Go ahead, pamper urself and share your experience!

Bhavana, This Loreal thingy is so weird..anyways since u r going ahead with Xpose [just ensure that they do not copy Himesh reshammiya' style from his latest movie of same name..lolz on you #JustKidding] but do drop a mail to big city reg Loreal on their mail id.

Yes they said that only 3 voucher at time but if you request, they will accomodate to get more confirmed business for self unless there is a monopoly. Ideally, we should go to any salon on weekends [if we have such time window] for better service.. Weekends they just rush and maketh u wait like they did to me, with issues cropping during the whole session..Thankfully its done now :)

Can somebody please update what was the last date to register and use the vouchers? 

I tried registering right now and got the message - Invalid Voucher code.

Frown

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
9 years ago

Ragini, Don't worry as the last date is still there. Try entering the other Voucher codes & check.

Swati's post above has all the details- "Last date to register 23/06/2014. Offer valid till 07/07/2014."

Anita
Anita
from Bhubaneswar
9 years ago

Happy that I got confirmation call & SMS from BigCityRewards. I was able to use my Vouchers. Thanks Dove & IB Cool

Reena
Reena
from Mumbai
9 years ago

It's been a wonderful experience with #DovePlay - A Play Date with Dove India !

Had fun, made friends, pampered myself like a princess and what could be more exciting is bloggers covering you in their blogs. Thank you everybody Smile

Bhumika Thakkar
Bhumika Thakkar
from Mumbai
9 years ago

So I have to register in only 3 days in order to use my vouchers !! This is pathetic..all bad salons and at faraway places..why could'nt they give normal Lakme salon vouchers?!

Now there is only one salon nearby..that too in Thane..some Key Salon

One more salon called Nirvana Spa and Salon, Thane West..

This is one Nirvana in Thane http://www.justdial.com/Mumbai/Nirvana-Spa-%3Cnear%3E-Opposite-Raymond-Showroom-Above-SAI-Krupa-Resturant-Talavpali-Thane-West/022PXX22-XX22-140209161149-H5L4_TXVtYmFpIEJvZHkgTWFzc2FnZSBDZW50cmVzIG1hbnBhZGEgdyB0aGFuZQ==_BZDET/?tab=moreinfo

And this one in Kalyan (Addressed as Thane only) also called Nirvana.. http://www.justdial.com/Mumbai/Nirvana-Spa-Salon-%3Cnear%3E-Besides-Lakme-Salon-Khadakpada-Circle-Kalyan-City/022PXX22-XX22-130826112610-J4M4_TXVtYmFpIEJvZHkgTWFzc2FnZSBDZW50cmVz_BZDET

God knows which Nirvana is under Bigcity category...

Bhavana Lalwani
Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

finally I too had my first salon experience. 3 vouchers and 550 bucks form my pocket and result is a relaxing  hair spa and head massage. I loved it, my hair are feeling sooo soft n silcky.. salon staff was very nice and friendly, they offered me juice and asked twice about "aap kuchh lijiye .. tea coffee or cold drink?" dnno whether they offer welcome drinks to all customers or not.  Embarassed

Thank u Dove and IB team. and yes after the initial problems, dove team followed the matter very well, they were constantly in touch. yesterday they called me up and reminded me about my appointment and today again when I was sitting in the salon, I got a call from them inquiring whether I reached to the venue or not. so all is well when end is well... still I have two more vouchers worth rs 1k which I am going to use next week.  Laughing

Bhumika Thakkar
Bhumika Thakkar
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Ok..so I entered the voucher no. and clicked on submit request..and I get this runtime error ! How do I attach a screenshot here ?

And if 23rd June is the last day and Sat,Sun Big City Rewards are not working..then how do I book ? Can someone solve this ?

Pallavi
Pallavi
from Delhi/Mumbai
9 years ago

Ok question. 1. If we can only register till 23/06, and only one week in advance, how can we book for first week of July? Besides, when I am trying to register, getting an invalid code exception. :/ Such a waste. Any idea how to deal with this?

Tarang
Tarang
from Delhi
9 years ago

Registered for 3 e-vouchers but received the authentication number for just two. When I called they asked me to message the voucher number. I did but haven't received the AN yet for third one :( 

Please help IB

I didn't know that the last date for registration was 23rd June. Missed out on two vouchers. Such a waste :(

I registered for 3 vouchers  for which Big City called me up and  informed me that the only available salon is the one which is situated in the extreme north of Kolkata , though the drop-down showed a long list of salons. ( I live in extreme south ) . There was no other option so I agreed . Unfortunately , I failed to attend the appointment as it was raining heavily that day  and the place was absolutely unknown to me. Next day they called me up and I explained everything . Then they said that there are some other salons which are available.  ( Why didn't they tell me that  before ? I even inquired about that ) I opted for " Head Turners " which is in south Kolkata . The lady asked me whether I want to use all of the vouchers at a time. I was really happy with that gesture. I got all the messages , SMS , confirmation et al. Today when I reached the salon ( it's quite a reputed one ) the first question they ask after seeing the vouchers , " iye kya hain ma'am ? " Imagine my embarrassment ! I explained them everyting and they told me to wait for some time so that they could confirm about the vouchers from Big City. After waiting for half an hour they said that they can only avail ONE voucher for which they got the confirmation !! They also said " Big City walen phone hi nahi utha rahe hain " . I never felt so much humiliation in my life ! Why Big City has opted for a parlour which is not willing to take part in this promotion ?? Why they didn't check  for everything  before sending me the confirmation ? I wasted TWO hours there for nothing . What a waste of my time . Do they think we have nothing else to do than to roam about for the redemption of their vouchers ? It's really disgusting. I called the concierage and they told me they will look after it ...no concrete answers or solution . What stupidity is this ! Indiblogger Team please look into the matter . It's really insulting to get refused when you're trying to redeem a valid voucher with all the required credentials .

Saket Kalikar
Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
9 years ago

@Swati, @Renie, I must record my appreciation for effeorts put in by Inditeam, for my experince of redeeming the vouchers was extreamely smooth without any hasslesSmile 

The vouchers were utilized by my wife  and she says the salon experince was delightful. She has now no complains about my spending time on blogging.Laughing

Cheers!

Dove/BigCity contacted me again and this time it was hassle-free for me too. I was allowed to redeem all the vouchers simultaneously and the salon service was wonderful .Thanks @ Swati/IB Team for your concern . Smile All's well that ends well .Laughing

LockSign in to reply to this thread