from Manjeri
10 years ago

Congratulations Winners!!!

Anita
Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Congrats to all the Winners Cool

Some how I feel there were more deserving posts to be atleast read and awarded. If it was about compiling a post high on humor then the most deserving posts did not even qualify for a read too. Because if someone was to read the post and decide winners I m sure it would have been hard to ignore those post. Honestly speaking I dint laugh on winning posts. And all this comes from me when I did not even participate for the contest. But it is still painful for me. Feeling discouraged to submit my post for the contests henceforth.

Alka Gurha
from Gurgaon
10 years ago

Soni, while I congratulate the winers, I agree with you. I have been participating in the contests for the last several years but never won anything. Not even a voucher. Which is fine. Because I participate only when I enjoy writing on a given topic, and not for winning vouchers. Maybe my posts are not good enough. Which is also fine. However this time I feel discouraged. Why commercialize your post by posting links and videos and help the sponsor when you get a feeling that your post is not even read. I hope I do not come across a sore loser, but I think its high time I spoke my mind. This comment is not to disrespect any of the winners.

Here is a link of my post. http://www.alkagurha.com/2014/02/yours-seriously.html

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
10 years ago

THough I haven't read the winning posts.. but yes I agree wid every single word spoken by Soni and Alka.. these contests and their sponsors has nothing to do with quality content or good writers.. the only thing that can grab their attention is  "how much you promoted the brand and product.. did yr work followed the basic theme of their advertisement and most of all did they even bother to read yr post?" 

there should be some sort of transperency in desicion making process .. if the sponsors ask us to add the link and videos of their websites n fb pages then we too have a right to ask them .. "bhaisahib kis basis pe aapne ye post chuni, do shabd kahne ki jahmat toh uthaaiye. moreover, when there are large number of entries then there should be prizes accordingly .. only a few prizes and so many entries is not a fair game at all ..

we bloggers are not hungry for those vouchers etc.. we expect transperency and justice as well.  

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
10 years ago

what Sunsilk did .. they didnt even send those gift hampers to all participants that too when many of us raised this issue number of times.. is this fair ??  isnt it a Big Question Mark on the Credibility of that Brand .. sunsilk are you listening to me .. ????

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

when there are large number of entries then there should be prizes accordingly

prizes are decided before the contest starts and not after it ends >> thats when they come to know the actual number of entries, right?

as for the sunsilk hampers @bhawna i remember you said your profile address wasnt updated, which you had updated much later, maybe by then the batches of samples were delivered already.

Geeta Nair
Geeta Nair
from Manjeri
10 years ago

ND my profile was updated. Yet I too did not receive the sunsilk hamper. I too had raised the issue with IB. But  did not get a response. I guess only a few are lucky to get responses to their queries.

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Hi Geeta, did you create a ticket or send us an email? I looked for your query but I could not find it. Sorry you haven't received a response so far.

I'm sure Sunsilk will send across the hampers soon; I'll get an ETA on that as soon as possible.

Bhavana Lalwani
Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
10 years ago

@ND.. frnd.. I agree that one cannot predict the number of entries but they can assume that atleast hundred plus entries could be there (Dove was a short duration contest so it cud b an exception). 

regarding my address issue, yes I updated it late (even my entry was nt submitted thru contest page lateron I corrected the mistake wid the help of Renie) but what about other valid entries who dint recieve hamper. moreover, wasn't the sponsor aware of the total number of entries, so why dint they make sure that all participants should get their hampers. wasnt it the responsibility of sponsors to remind the participants regarding their gift hampers .. ok chalo its our own headache to worry abt hampers, but still the question remained unasnwered .. 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i duno if you'll get that hamper or not...but theres another sunsilk review contest....hope you applied for sample there...and not sure if they dispatched yet but hopefully you'll get that oneSmile

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Please don't share your links here. Whining about something won't help. I think there is a thread where these problems have been discussed and I think it is a known fact that sponsors select the winners. Innocent I find people who write that they are not writing for vouchers are the ones who create the highest . Undecided

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

*the highest fuss. Undecided

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
10 years ago

seems indicating towards me.. then for yr GK let me tell u, till date I have participated in six contests only, if I would have been that crazy for vouchers and hampers thn I might have participated in every single contest conducted by indiblogger, blogadda etc.  so its not about 1k2k voucher or a hamper. I wrote when the  topic attracted me.  

so think before You Blame.

Alka Gurha
from Gurgaon
10 years ago
I was not aware of the rule of not sharing links here. Wonder if there is a way to delete the link part of my comment. What you think is whining is actually speaking my mind. And that is what this forum is for. I think I was very polite and careful in expressing my views. So it is my turn to wonder what the fuss is about.
Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@Bhavana - I don't think it's directed at anyone. It's just a request. In the forum there is a thread for everything. This thread is for a specific purpose. I gave the link in my last comment of the thread where you should read the previous discussion and put forward your own views. I'm posting link again - http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=17820 

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@Alka - I'm not blaming or directing it to anyone. These are the basic rules that I stated and it was just a request. You can read the faq's here - http://www.indiblogger.in/faqs.php

Sudeep
Sudeep
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Well it is not a question of winning or losing, I see the topic as question of fairness and tansperancy. Whether I win or not, whether entry is selected by indiblogger or Sponsor, atleast I expect the parameters of evaluation to be spelled out for all enteries. May be a parameter wise comparision and statistics if not individualy atleast as a group on each parameter. If the results are declared after month(s) then atleast we can expect some good reasons for winning and losing. Atleast in that way as a blogger I know which paramters are important while blogging. Like in Wechat I found some of the post to be too lengthy to read. Atleast if the parameters are spelled and ratings given then we can ourselve see if the winning post deserves the prize or not.

I have also noted sometimes, there are post that are too clumsy, not laid out properly, naviational issues etc, I am really not sure if this play any part in the evaluations. 

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
10 years ago

I agree.

Alka Gurha
Alka Gurha
from Gurgaon
10 years ago
Bhavana, it was directed at me. This was my first forum discussion. Maybe i dont know the rules. But why get personal? I am out of this.
Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
10 years ago

relax dear, it was directed to me also, coz I have raised this sunsilk issue earlier as well and couple of times pointed out this thing  "deserving post" .. the problem is no one wants to hear bitter things, only sweet goodie goodie words but wats bad in expressing our dissent. 

Subhorup Dasgupta
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Either way, the post you wrote should have half the world aiming their poison darts at you, since that is what we write for, to get people to see what they are really doing. And contest posts are such a good place to do it. As far as sharing links on the forum, I think the base is rule is "no self promotion." If a link helps bring greater clarity to the discussion, it is most welcome. New users are encouraged to read the FAQs, but will not be poison darted if they don't. Welcome to the IB forum, Alka!! We are like this only.  :)

Mayura Rao
Mayura Rao
from Bangalore
10 years ago

After the results my condition became really serious, my post died a slow death....no votes....no reads...even i was brooding in my shell for having lost this because i thought i had done my best but then 'jo jeetha wahi sikander' that's life so move on....... 

Mayura Rao
Mayura Rao
from Bangalore
10 years ago

And yes Congrats to all the winners!!!!!!!!!!

Rachh Agarwal
Rachh Agarwal
from Ahmedabad
10 years ago

I feel really sad to have participated in a blogging contest where a few prize winning entries are no-where close to being funny or even literarily enriching! Please give me some tips & share your experience on how to choose a good contest, where my entries feel respected, whether they win or not! 

Raksha Bhat
Raksha Bhat
from Bengaluru
10 years ago

The only serious condition right now in this matter is the art of deciphering and valuing language, grammar, content, sense of humour, sentence structure and most importantly SPELLINGS!!!...i wonder since when did the 'Vice Principal turn a 'Vice Principle'...read it in one of the winning post!!! We as bloggers and authors do forget our Wren n Martin, Oxford Dictionary sometimes..but in this contest even the judges have...just an honest opinion...no offence meant...sad that this only brings down the credibility of the blogger forum...i hope someone explains to all of us about the whole process of judgement! 

I've taken part in a few of the contests and so far the judging system looked quite satisfying but this 5 Star one ! Some of the winning posts have lots of grammatical errors and spelling mistakes....as Raksha has mentioned. Mr. Passey has also rightly pointed out that the judges probably managed to get rid of all the 'seriousness'  while judging .....

Geeta Nair
Geeta Nair
from Manjeri
9 years ago

You are right Raksha, Maniparna and Mr.Passey. The judges seem to have turned a blind eye to grammer and content. I wonder whether the judges were serious while going through the posts. 

Another point to be noted is one mentioned by Avadhoot. One entry carries a link  to the contest page only and another does not have any link either to FB 5 Star or to the Contest page. Then how come they are valid entries. Going by the T&C of the competition they should be declared invalid.

Raksha Bhat
Raksha Bhat
from Bengaluru
9 years ago

On a serious note why is no one from the Indiblogger team answering our queries? :-)

Isn't it an obligation, as partcipants don't we deserve it? If not for the chocolate hampers many of us have been shamelessly asking for, someone explain us about the judgement process, atleast it would help us in writing better.  So many well written posts and there is no turning blind eye, cmon ! :-)

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
9 years ago

What answer do you expect? Right from way back in the beginning, at the end of almost every contest such questions have been asked. Answers have not been forthcoming because there are none. The contests are judged by some minion in a company's brand managent team, who has lot of other responsibilities. So they just randomly read through and pick a few they like. Thats about it. This is not as serious for them as it is for the bloggers to develop any criteria and judge rigorously etc. (It is highly likely as well that their literary and creative capabilities are way below most bloggers because that is not what they do for a living) For them this is just like the luck draws and best slogan contests that used to happen before blogs came.

Raksha Bhat
Raksha Bhat
from Bengaluru
9 years ago

Isn't this a sorry state of affairs? If nobody values our opinion or responds why this forum? Frown

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

treat brand sponsored contests as just a gamble and not talent evaluations...then one will be in peace.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Well your fellow bloggers like yours truly do value and respond don't they? That is the value. The community owners will respond if you ask for simple, tangible things like layout changes etc. But this judging process etc. is very complicated like eleminating corruption from the country and difficult to find easy solution.

LockSign in to reply to this thread