KFC Sets You On Fire!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

Another contest is up - with awesome Croma & KFC vouchers! Hope you all like the topic! Smile

Replies 121 to 140 of 194 Descending
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Submitted my 3rd entry!!!

Inspired by a true story from my hostel days, happened with me in the first year!!!!

Do check out and give feedback :)

Gautam Maitra
from Ahmedabad
12 years ago

All the best DS. I wud read urs soon. I just posted my entry. 

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I did that too.. Usually it is tough to find stories for contest, but the topic is so cool that many of our life events can be weaved into the contest post. 

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Am on the move till Sunday, on a tour, no access to a PC. Only my mobile, will surely read your entry Goutam and Farida ji, and try to comment from the mobile... Will be unable to promote your entries even if I like them though till at least Monday...
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Don't bother about the posts. Enjoy your travel.... 

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Another fiery entry Farida Ji :)

Best wishes :)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Read your entry too Goutam... the story of most houses... Heart warming read.

All The Best :)

Subhorup Dasgupta
Subhorup Dasgupta
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Posted my entry, my first contest on IB, almost a month back. Have been particular not to promote the post since I am curious what happens to content that I believe is good but not written for searchbots and not promoted. Interestingly small number of views from the IB domain. :)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I did read your entry Subhorup. I found it very well written and very differently too. All the Best.
Subhorup Dasgupta
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Glad you liked it, DS.

Rajat Sharma
Rajat Sharma
from Delhi/Mumbai
12 years ago

Hey guys, i submitted my entry at around 8pm, it still isnt showing on the contest page. Iv written to the Support Email Id. Any clues what i should do?

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
The contest is closed and the results will be hopefully announced on the 23rd January... One of the most fun contests hosted on Indiblogger, nice topic to write posts on... Enjoyed writing my posts throughly. Best Wishes All:):)
Abhirup Bhattacharya
Abhirup Bhattacharya
from Kolkata
12 years ago

My birthday is on 23rd Jan ! Will I get my birthday gift...

If possible do read my entry Smile

Abhirup Bhattacharya
Abhirup Bhattacharya
from Kolkata
12 years ago

My birthday is on 23rd Jan ! Will I get my birthday gift...

If possible do read my entry Smile

Shubham Gupta
Shubham Gupta
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Fingers Crossed, hope the best one win :)Best of luck to all !If you get time, try to read my entry about getting selected in job interview :P

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Finally after few hate mails I got hate comment on my blog today.... This is what it says--- 

You seem to write only for contests and winning prizes. Your greed is making me respect you less and less with each passing day.Write your heart out just for the sake of venting out someday. That feels good too. 

The much learned coward did not leave a name behind though. I would love somebody to come forward and tell it out in open so that I can answer that individual.

I have 200 posts on my blog, who could claim they were done for contests? 

Competitions and contest are for showing your worth and winning.

Blogging is what I do, if I get recognized and appreciated in it, I feel happy and proud. Where does greed come in here? I am not stealing food being distributed on free.

I don't go around begging for votes or comments for my blog. One of the reason why my top voted post on Indivine is not from blogging contest. It is about my experience of going through cancer. 

I have written in competitions where there are no prizes to be won on different platforms and won them too. Just because money is invovled here it doesn't change anything for me.. it may change something for those who are greedy. 

If my tiny winning of few blogs points to greed than what would the great great achievements of Sachin, Lata, Amitabh and many such great personalities dubbed as? 

People don't stop and let you win Anonymous, you need to prove your worth and achieve something. When they don't win good people become better, unworthy people become bitter.

EPMWORLD
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

I don't know how one can comment in such a way.  He probably doesn't understand the winning spirit.  For the first time ever, I have participated in a contest (KFC's) on Indiblogger.  I may make another attempt if I win a prize.  Contestants should develop affinity rather becoming envious.  Let us wish that the best of the entries win than looking it from individual perspective.

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Good Luck to yu EPMWORLD. Few may be bad losers over here...

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

Tried to write from a different perspective for this topic. Mingled the picture of a juicy fiery grilled chicken piece and made it get into an animated conversation with me... garnishing the post with comic-book like pictures of me talking to a rather energetic chicken piece. Hope my blogger friends like the post.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

I was indeed shocked to read about the sort of hate mail that Farida has been subjected to... this is certainly not good behaviour for any sane personality.

However, this happens all the time, everywhere. I look around myself and find this happening on my Facebook page also... people trying to ridicule and demean small perceived successes of others.

As a solution all I do at such times is to step away from them. I either kick that 'friend' out of my friend list or delist myself from that group or simply ignore the person's virtual avatar. What else can a mere mortal do? I have also decided to write a blog post on this and will soon share it with you all.

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Yesterday I felt bad about it Arvind, but today, it is all gone into oblivion .. I know deep in my heart why I do, what I do. Finally it is my conscience I have to answer to. I felt bad when Pri and Defiant Princess were ridiculed when they won. Expected something to be said about me, but may be my posts are better than me ;) so I get targetted.  Do I stop by anonymous when I haven't stopped for many big hurdles of life? NO.

Kirti
Kirti
from Kharagpur, west bengal
12 years ago

shouldnt the date be 23rd Jan 2012?? Tongue out

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

LOL, You are right. They may not have celebrated the new year yet ;)

G.Muthiah Sriram
G.Muthiah Sriram
from chennai
12 years ago

this is my first competition for blogging!!i hope i could win!!and i think my post has it to win!!

Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

arvind ji vividly remember u critisizing the judging process somehwere. 

Rest judges seem to have queer conincidental way of choosing posts!

RESHMI KURUP
RESHMI KURUP
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@farida: read about the hate commet too...how come paricipating the contests..make the blogger greedy? Indiblogger is a community of bloggers..we are here to blog together..contests make us more involved....You win the contests only because they are worth winning...one hate comment wont reduce your fanlist...

you cancer fighting stories are all enough to reflect the brave person in you...hope the anonymous person comes into ligt soon..!

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I don't know. But someone thinks it is so. What rule says when you win you have to step down?

When I share my story of surviving cancer and bringing up my special needs daughter, it is not to show I have been through a lot. It has to let people who are suffering to know that the phase will pass away. Having a special needs child can bring happiness too, only you need to look at the child and not the disability. 

The anonymous will not talk in open because it is shame as to what he/she is saying. BTW thanks for the compliments. 

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I don't know. But someone thinks it is so. What rule says when you win you have to step down?

When I share my story of surviving cancer and bringing up my special needs daughter, it is not to show I have been through a lot. It has to let people who are suffering to know that the phase will pass away. Having a special needs child can bring happiness too, only you need to look at the child and not the disability. 

The anonymous will not talk in open because it is shame as to what he/she is saying. BTW thanks for the compliments. 

Abhirup Bhattacharya
Abhirup Bhattacharya
from Kolkata
12 years ago

winning and losing is not important...its participating thats more important...

anyways when are we next hving a blogger meet in mumbai?

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

@Varun Gawarikar I don't think I ever question the prerogatives of a judge. Do let me know where and what you read... and then maybe we can sort out your mis-interpretation, if any. :)

Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

@ arvind ji, its in Surf excel matic contest forum. Check it out.

Varun Gawarikar
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?pageNum_Posts=3&totalRows_Posts=345&id=10610

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

@Varun Gawarikar Phew! Finding a comment from that massive thread is difficult... will appreciate if you can email it to me. :) (ie, if you already have it located.) arvindpassey@gmail.com

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

@ Varun Gawarikar ... Thansk... The comment is reproduced here:

"I really didn't know how productive 2 spare hours could be... until I read some of the posts in this contest. There are a few questions that are clamouring for answers. Hope someone can answer them:

1. What kind of content turns out to be  a winner? Is it technically sound content, statistically sound content, or simply creative content that rules?

2. Can good, readable content be offset by indivine votes? I have noticed one funny thing about indivine votes... they do not necessarily mean that the person who has voted for you has actually even gone to your post and read it... and this sounds so ridiculous! Indivine votes appear so much like a tight group of people bent upon keeping their posts on the first couple of pages all the time... isn't it actually criminal to do this?

3. There are plenty of posts that have content that takes entirely different routes and is as convincing as any other... yet even the most exhaustively researched content sometimes loses out... why? What could that unnamed factor be that has the power to even dwarf good content?

Hope we discuss these points..."

I think I am simply talking about the futility of indivine votes (as they don't mean that people are actually even going to the post and reading it)... and point 3 is talking of finding that elusive factor that gives any post a winning touch! Nowhere am I decrying the judgement process... :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread