Replies 121 to 140 of 209 Descending
Adcritic
Adcritic
from Mumbai
10 years ago

SERIES: How to kill time till the Dabur Lal Tail contest results come out

Solution no.23

1. Contribute to this series
  2.  i.e. Come out with your recommendation on how to kill time (or how to get a sense of humour – yes, that also will do!)
  3. And now this step is the most important – you need to wait EXACTLY THREE MINUTES once you posted your entry and not do anything in the meantime (OK – maybe a silent prayer, but don’t touch the keyboard)
  4. Yes, you guessed it, the results will be out – if not? Ref. point e below
  5. The most innovative one will… yes, you guessed it, get a lifetimes’ supply of gooey red oil
Adcritic
Adcritic
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Yes, boys and girls – good news!  No, This is not like the others – because this time it is REAL (not like the other fake ones). Yes, Yes its real.

All you need to do is inform exactly 6 of your friends by sharing this with them (use the facebook or twitter button).

And again – only 6, not 5 or 7 or more (stop showing off how many friends you have, PLEASE!) – if you do the wrong number, your home is going to be flooded with cartons of the red oil bottles!

And YES – once every participant does this – the news of the winner is going to be out – yes, this time its REAL !!!!

Adcritic
Adcritic
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Happy Republic Day to everyone

And on this happy occasion, here's some more happy news.

The winners of this contest will be announced definitely (99% probability) before the next Republic day

Happy Republic Day everyone.

Cheers

Ekta Khetan
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Seriously Team Indiblogger.....

Partha Sadhukhan
Partha Sadhukhan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Congrats everyone....Laughing

disha kotak
from mumbai
10 years ago

Huh ? 

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Partha you have been taking Adcritic seriouslyTongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Congrats  Tongue out

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

et tu Brutus Surprised

Partha Sadhukhan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

haha..people you didn't understand me correctly. I congratulated you guys for your record breaking patience on results (that is clarified now). Kudos to you all...Tongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i think Colgate had set the highest record of patience level...it remains unbrokenTongue out

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

colgate or surf excel(now no more soaking) ??? Wink

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i know abt Colgate one....i dunno the surf wala......i remember the smiley protests in colgate threadLaughing

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Plagiarists have delayed this one folks - a total of nine, in fact. The silver lining is that they won't be around to delay contests in the future; but it also means that we don't have enough "backup" entries in the shortlist, and we have to spend more time judging. These results will probably come out before the other Dabur contest - I can give you a more concrete answer tomorrow, or we might even announce the results before I give you another update.

I realize that we've been giving you all false hope - "one more day", "this week", "definitely", etc. Frown Sorry about that, we didn't expect so many plagiarists in the short list, and we had an IndiBlogger meet this weekend in Delhi which effectively kept our team occupied for a whole week.

Aditya
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks for the update Renie..

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Nine! Surprised

Prasanna Rao
from Bangalore
10 years ago

When I was going through the entries for this one, I did notice that a couple of the posts did look similar. But many have included the same type of content like the composition of Lal-Tail and it's benefits.... Cry

Partha Sadhukhan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Rennie, I hope you are selecting the plagiarists with proper discretion. That means if a blogger has copied someone else, the person who has written the article first is the genuine one...just raising this point as there should not be genuine people being barred from the contests..

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Damn Plagiarists!!! Yell what was in this contest that they claim themselves as bloggers and still can't write "naturally"!!! It was such an easy contest wherein I saw almost every 3rd entry being shamelessly copied its content from world wide web of google.. Shame on you Plagirist and Yes I meant both of your variety- one who lazily copies and one who copies smartly that we end up thinking- great idea!! Shame shame! YellYellYellYell

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Ekta we should take this news positively Cool

The silver lining is that they won't be around to delay contests in the future;

This is the key, it obviously means that Indi is taking the plagrists out of circulation in future too

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Vijay, I am taking Renie positively only!

It is the damn plagiarist that I am taking negatively Undecided..thinking of beating them with my shoe..but no, why to waste my shoe...they r expensive Tongue out.. but the maths is interesting- NIne plagiarist and my Adidas supernove shoe cost 9k..chun chun ke maaro.

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

ek ek hazar ek ek ko Cool

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

If she uses only one shoe to beat 'em up, then its only Rs 500 per beating!

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

These results will probably come out before the other Dabur contest - I can give you a more concrete answer tomorrow, or we might even announce the results before I give you another update.

Renie, This contest got over before the An Immune India Dabur Contest. As per FIFO, results should be announced for this first Smile

Great to learn of IB's commitment to quality & strict action against Plagiarists. Cool

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Lolz Vijay and Saket...kya maths hai Smile

Seriously I hate these people who want to participate in contests but cannot write their own and copy from others..that too without giving credit.

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks for the update Renie!

Partha Sadhukhan
Partha Sadhukhan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Not sure about the exact nature of plagiarism. Would like to know more. It should not be that someone doing some research work online is termed as plagiarism. 

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Partha, I think that would not be the case. Lets wait and see.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

You can't wait and see as they are probably already banned. Tongue out

The silver lining is that they won't be around to delay contests in the future ~Renie

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Ranjith I think so tooCool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Cool

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Aww...how would we know then Ranjith? Will Inditeam blog about it like they mentioned once [long back]?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I don't think they will blog about it. That SP one was a big thing - he won many contests with plagiarized content. 

And I don't think knowing who they are will be of any use to us. Wink

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Lol it was one of a kind Cool a rare spieces Frown

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Don't worry - even if Renie does not share any information, Ranjith will write a program to determine who were the members whose accounts were suspended after Renie's anouncement and put up the names for all our benefit.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

TF Tongue out Yes, I have a list of members which I downloaded 2-3 months ago but I will write the program only if someone gives me a S4 in return. Money mouth

Dr. Lawrence Kindo
Dr. Lawrence Kindo
from Shillong
10 years ago

I think it was a good thing to have checked for plagiarists. Next should be spammers - I had even my comments copied ditto during the Dabur contests. I was shocked to find it on another blog with my exact comments as coming from a practising doctor. The person had shamelessly copied a professional response by a doctor. Phew! Frown

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

The height of plagarism Frowncopying comments of a Doc Tongue out 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Surprised

This is the first time I am hearing about someone plagiarising comments. Surprised

God, save the comment plagiariser Tongue out

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

God! seriously? :O

I wonder how the plagiarists got time to check others' blog and copying from there Undecided . They could do some research or ransack their heads for some creative ideas in the meantime Yell

Plagiarising comments..the newest trend ...Surprised

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Still no results Frown even my crystal ball will be angry with me now Undecided

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Lol VP. Tongue out Get rid of that crystal ballUndecided

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

I have a feeling that the results would be out by tonight :)

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Even you got a crystal ball BK?Foot in mouth

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

LOL Bush aisa hi hote raha to the Crystal Ball will get rid of me instead Cool

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

VP :))

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

I'm the crystal ball Innocent

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

genuine babaji ki dhongi crystalTongue out

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

Lol, That was for VP right? :P

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Ranjith repair my CB fast Cry

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

BK...saw ur comment just nowLaughing....now i wont answer that and let you make ur own conclusionsTongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

haan ranjith...repair fast...babaji will be losing his followers fastTongue out

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

Innocent

Bhumika Thakkar
Bhumika Thakkar
from Mumbai
10 years ago

OMG ! Who copied ? Can we know ? And agree with Partha..that the first article should be treated as genuine..we have put so much hard work and time and minds to work on our posts..bloody plagiarists :/

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

The plagiarists didn't copy from other contest entries - they copied from old articles by other bloggers and from medical websites...

I'm not on the side of plagiarism, but I would just want to suggest that may be the 9 bloggers who were banned, should be given a chance to explain. Like may be an email sent to them informing them of IB's decision and asking them to explain their actions.

IB may already have done that, and if they did, I just want to know they have done it. I don't want the answers or explanations. I just want to know they were given a chance to explain. That's it.

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Hey Narasimha, we always do that. Benefit of the doubt to an IndiBlogger, and "innocent unless proven guilty" are things we abide with.

In some cases, a blogger gives credit to a few sources, omitting one; in this case, we keep them on the network and email them asking them to explain and give credit within a certain time frame, assuming that it was an oversight. If it's a case of no credit given whatsoever, we remove them from the network and email them, asking for more information on the situation.  Granted, there is a grey area in between these two sample scenarios, but we do email/call in all cases.

Thanks Renie for responding and clearing. It feels correct and just and I'm happy that you people do that. Smile

Kapil Chauhan
Kapil Chauhan
from Ghaziabad
10 years ago

Good job Renie and Indiblogger team in keeping the contests fair and honest. :)

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
10 years ago

Which contest was that SP one that @Ranjith referred to?

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

SP is not a contest, Mr. Passey - they are the initials of a particular blogger from many years back.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Read this : http://blog.indiblogger.in/2011/05/04/plagiarism-the-scourge-of-bloggers-everywhere/

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks, @Ranjith & TF

June Paul
June Paul
from Mumbai
10 years ago

After not winning in the last two contests, I hope I don't get dissapointed in this one. Keeping my fingers crossed for my other blogger friends and me! Laughing

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

My dear - I have gone 13 contests without a win before winning some 3-4 mostly consolation prizes.

Partha Sadhukhan
Partha Sadhukhan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Getting Bored Renie..give us some more opportunities to write..

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

take a pen and paper and start writing Innocent

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Results for both Dabur contests coming up in 10 minutes or less!

@Partha - on that note, I must ask Vijay - what does that crystal ball predict for today? Smile

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Knew it Tongue out

LockSign in to reply to this thread