Contest: The Perfect Road Trip!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Describe your idea of the perfect road trip. You can choose your car, your companions, the route and the destination. The most memorable road trips win Samsung Galaxy S4s!

Smile

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=83

Replies 121 to 140 of 233 Descending
Shaumik Daityari
Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Although the number of posts in this contest could not cross the WeChat one, the few that I have read show some great creativity.

I wrote on a road trip in the UAE and one in Uttarakhand. I did see one more post on Uttarakhand (the theme is different from mine though), but has anyone else written on the UAE (just curious)?

k2
from Bengaluru
10 years ago

I wrote on Uttarakhand ......... Tongue out

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I am not too sure if my Uttarakhand one would be eligible though. My "vehicles" were mini buses (only thing big enough to carry the whole batch) Tongue out

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

and it was a different one that I read, k2. Seems Uttarakhand is famous ;)

k2
from Bengaluru
10 years ago

pics in ur post made me remembr our nainital college trip of last year

yep Uttarakhand is famous Cool

Sakshi Nanda
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Mine was Doon to Mussoorie. And ahem .. the first one to be submitted. Smile Called 'Steam'. 

Zadraf
Zadraf
from Ranchi
10 years ago

Well.... my "imaginary" trip was around the World, and it went through UAE. Does that count Tongue out

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

If there are no other posts on the UAE, it definitely counts Tongue out

k2
from Bengaluru
10 years ago

Don't worry it'll count Smile  [confused smile]

Zadraf
from Ranchi
10 years ago

K2 ... Why a confused smile ??? If you want to smile - Smile like this Laughing

k2
from Bengaluru
10 years ago

:))

Zadraf
from Ranchi
10 years ago

yeah .... thats much better :))

Sumeetha Manikandan
Sumeetha Manikandan
from Chennai
10 years ago

Thank god I posted in the end. does anybody know when they will declare the winner?

It will take time, and again it will take time, meaning, it will take full time.
Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

It will take a LOT of time.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

make that long LONG time LaughingLaughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Time and tide waits for none. You need to keep waiting for the results time. Laughing

[ I know that it was a bad joke. Undecided ]

Sammya Brata
Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

I was just wondering....

Is it just a formality why they write "IndiVotes" don't matter? Because I have conscious attempts on the part of bloggers to collect them :) Not complaining though...and regarding this contest, very few have read my post owing to an early post... ummm...I got to target the "deadline" line now :|

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Look at the results of the previous contests. Even posts with less than 10 votes have won. So, IndiVine votes really do not matter. Smile

And the reason why everyone likes those votes is that getting more votes moves the post onto the first page of the entries when they are sorted by popularity. Also, the post will get featured on the home page. Which means more visitors to your blog.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

In the WeChat contest also, entries were hidden till the end. No one talked about posting at the last moment for increased vsiibility. But now, everyone are talking about it. @Nandini See what you [ and I ] have done. Tongue out

Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Well I never talked about "votes"...I hardly care whether I win a prize or not ...Just about whether people read these posts, because that's the reason why we write in-spite of our tight schedule. I used to write on paper mostly and blogging has been a new direction; that's it :) On the other hand, I am NOT in favor of having a voting option either... "comments" on the blog do have a greater impact I feel.... 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

It was just a coincidence that I posted the above reply just after yours. Sealed

Even I'm talking about people reading posts. More votes give your post more exposure and so more people who read your posts. Smile

And if voting feature is removed from IndiVine, how will posts be sorted?

Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

I don't think that "sorting" has any sort of relevance with the votes... sorting can be addressed in numerous number of ways...will discuss those in due course of time maybe :)

The reason why I say this? The moment someone uses the terminology "vote" there's an intrinsic association with "quality"...a common principle says, a better post might fetch more "votes".....however, people might write an exceptional post that never gets highlighted. I guess here expansion of "network" also fetches more "votes". Do correct me if I am wrong Smile. Again, it's my POV... nothing serious though!

Sakshi Nanda
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I agree with SAMMYA. If only votes were cast according to quality. I have seen some horrific language mistakes and shoddy grammar getting popular. And often, frills and ribbons on blog templates are given more importance than content. Yes, WHAT you write is important but equally important is HOW you write something. When we call ourselves 'writers' the least we are expected to do is justice to the language we have willingly chosen to express our minds in. If we cannot get the 'the' in the right place, the copy lacks quality. But then, those who blog for votes alone, know how to get them too. At the end of the day, it boils down to WHY you write - some write for freebies, others to take their blogs one step closer to what good content is made of. Different strokes for different folks. Wink And no one is really 'wrong'!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I never said more votes implies more quality ( It's a different thing that what appears to be a quality post for one person isn't so for another one ) . Did I ? And posts are ordered by votes on the Popular tab. 

And my reply was not in response to your reply. It was just a coincidence that I posted it under your reply. It was meant to have some fun with Nandini. Wink

Kimi Shrivastava
Kimi Shrivastava
from Jhinkpani
10 years ago

Excellent topic..loved every bit of writing my idea of perfect road trip. Made me relive some golden moments!! :) .. Thank you Indiblogger and Ambi pur. 

~ Best Wishes

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@KIMI - Best wishes to you alsoSmile

Kimi Shrivastava
from Jhinkpani
10 years ago

Yo best wishes kimi, seeing you after a long time.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

All the best Kimi. You are here after a VERY long break. Wink

Kimi Shrivastava
from Jhinkpani
10 years ago

Haha...thanks Ranjith and Rio..Being a new mother is tough and keeping me a lot busy..Thanks to you guys for bringing such awesome ideas in contests and steer people like us back to blogging time and again!!! :D

Ragini Puri
Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

Hello admins, one of my posts for the contest is not visible anymore. This is the message I get when I click on the link through indivine - Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist. However I can aceess the post when I check it directly through the blog.Can somebody help or guide on this. Not sure if I should share the link here. 

Email at indi@indiblogger.in
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Ragini Instead of submitting http://solitarytravels.blogspot.in/2013/07/a-road-trip-with-mirza-ghalib.html you have submitted http://solitarytravels.blogspot.in/2013/07/a-road-trip-with-ghalib.html and so you are getting that error on your page. As Rio said, you can mail IndiBlogger or do the following which is simpler ( and you need not refresh your mail every few minutes to see if your problem has been addressed Wink ) :

1. Go to Settings  ›  Search preferences
  2. Under Errors and redirections ›  Custom Redirects , click the Edit button.
  3. In the from text box, enter /2013/07/a-road-trip-with-ghalib.html  and in the To text box, enter /2013/07/a-road-trip-with-mirza-ghalib.html
  4. Click Save 
  5. Click Save Button

Now, if you go to http://solitarytravels.blogspot.in/2013/07/a-road-trip-with-ghalib.html, you will be redirected to http://solitarytravels.blogspot.in/2013/07/a-road-trip-with-mirza-ghalib.html. Smile

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Brilliant workaround Ranjith Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Thanks Vijay. Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Ragini I forgot about that screenshot thing which has been implemented recently. After the deadline, they take a screenshot of your post page to ensure that you don't submit an empty page ion the deadline day and fill it with a post after deadline.

So, after doing the above thing which I told, open a support ticket saying what you have done. 

Ragini Puri
Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

Ranjith, you are a godsend! Thank you so much. I remember changing the title of the post a couple of days back thinking just Ghalib sounded a bit disrespectful, as if Ghalib Sahab was my buddy buddy! :P So changed the title to Mirza Ghalib. :) And yes I am technically challenged, so your step by step instruction detail was of great help. Thank you again.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

You're welcome Ragini. Smile

Ragini Puri
Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

@Rio, thank you to you too! :)

Canary
Canary
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Wow, I have 40+ page views in a day. I think it's all thanks to this post, which has had 150+ views in 4 days! Many people want to go on a road trip perhaps? :))

Akash KB
Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Ranjith - When the result will be declared? Money mouth

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Results will be declared only after you send me an S4. Money mouthTongue out

Indu Sharma
Indu Sharma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

When r we going to get the winners?

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

when they declare the results

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

When will they declare the results? Innocent

@ Indu You will have to wait for some days ( sorry, MANY MONTHS )  Tongue out Sometimes, it takes just a month, sometimes it takes 3-4 months. Undecided

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Nandini You should say : when Akash sends Ranjith an S4 Wink

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

why he sends u, why not me?Money mouth

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Because he asked me about the results and not you. Money mouth

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Laughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Akash I think your message is missing : Tongue out

Look, I've sent you an S4.... Now tell Renie to...

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

no he gives meMoney mouth by the way u already got samsung for some other contest, now my turn

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I'm not using that Samsung mobile I got. I want an/a S4. :((

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

u wont use this one too, so its better i get it ok?Money mouth

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

No, I'll use it.* Cool

* if I feel like using it Tongue out

But let me first win. Undecided

Indu Sharma
Indu Sharma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

@ rajnith. Oho ji ! Itna late... Itne toh koi purchase hi kr lega.. Tongue outSealed.. bt I decided to wait because I should demand a better gift on my birthday  Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Be careful. Sometimes, results get delayed for too many months. Undecided You may have to postpone your birthday. Sealed

Meghana
Meghana
from Bangalore
10 years ago

@Ranjit, why are you using an for S4, it sould b a S4 ? For this mistake, Akash will not send a S4 to you, but instead will snatch urs, if u win one... U know he is so particular abt gramatical mistakes...right Akash...Wink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

an S4 sounds better than a S4. Innocent

an S 4

an es 4

I will appoint a security guard to take care of my S4 if I win it so that Akash doesn't snatch it. Wink

Meghana
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Security guard? For how many days? instead u can buy a new S4 at tht cost n hand over the price to me I will take care of it better

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Innocent

I will ask Renie to pay for the security guard. :P

Indu Sharma
Indu Sharma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Bt I will be surely happy If I grab that too...Wink Smile

Indu Sharma
Indu Sharma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

@ rajnith. I am defintly not postponing it. It comes only once a year.. So long for long awaited gifts! I am ready to have it on someone else birthday...lol LaughingCool  

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

If someone gifts you an S4 on your birthday, remember to share it with me. :))

Kitchen mummy
Kitchen mummy
from Kundli
10 years ago

I can see some plagiarism in few entries i read :)

basically not the conten exactlyt but format etc used by people who submitted early has been 'borrowed' by a few late submitters... 

but anyway good luck to everyone!

Indu Sharma
Indu Sharma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

@ Rajnith. I will definetly share if I get 2 of them..lol..Sealed

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Undecided.

Indu Sharma
Indu Sharma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Laughing

Ragini Puri
Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

Hi, a rhetoric (and probably redundant) question here : Has every one got their Ampi Pur samples? I got a call a couple of weeks ago confirming my address, but the sample never came.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

nop i didnt get, nor the call either.

LockSign in to reply to this thread