WeChat with Anyone, Anywhere!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Who's in the mood to get creative? Smile We've got a new contest up, with some drool-worthy prizes. Let us know if you have any questions!

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=81

I'm betting Ranjith has already created a thread on this contest by now. Laughing

Replies 121 to 140 of 387 Descending
Ankita
Ankita
from New Delhi
10 years ago

yup. you can read earlier threads as well. 

Ankita
Ankita
from New Delhi
10 years ago

may be it was my misconception Undecided

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

yes Undecided

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I sent in a tweet for this contest a few minutes back, it is something I drew while watching the rains outside. Smile All the best to all those who are participating in the contest, I am planning to go through a few random entries once they are up as well. Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Same pinch! Tongue out I was already thinking about tweeting with pictures. Wink

Won't you participate in the contest? Innocent

Ankita
from New Delhi
10 years ago

good luck Arti :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Where am I in that sketch? Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

No double pinch. Innocent

Won't you participate in the contest? Innocent

Yes, I will. By reading a few entries. Wink

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Ankita: Thank you and good luck to you too :)

@Ranjith: Choose any stick figure you like... if you ask me, go for the one with the biggest talk bubble! Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

No double pinch.

Laughing

Even I should submit my entry. Started this morning and its struck at 200 words. Cry

Arti ji , my blog has participated, and waiting for readers to turn up.

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Ranjith: How many words are you planning to write?

@Rioji: Awesome! All the best for your entry. Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Arti Wrote around 1300 words till now. Planning to take it to 4000 words. My hand isn't stopping! Smile

They'll give me atleast a flipkart voucher considering my effort. Undecided

Thanks Arti ji, made my day

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

The third twitter prize is also gone! Can't they wait till tomorrow? Yell

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

did two tweets just now, think it got burried somewhere Embarassed

Posted today.Waiting for MacBook Air to be mine only.

Best wishes dude. 

Shaumik Daityari
Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I can write a python script though, which would take out all the profiles of the people who have commented here, search their corresponding blogs for the wechat link which is a pre-requisite and give me the list of posts. It's just that the script would need a good internet connection and my speed has been throttled because I exceeded the limit that I am refraining myself from doing so. Also, I am not getting enough motivation to write it (plus, posts would be displayed hopefully by tonight)...

Akash KB
Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I was really trying my best to win a Razer Naga Mouse, but I failed. Today I learnt - "how difficult is catching mice."

MacBook Air is reserved for winners (top bloggers), not for us.

Best of Luck - All The Participants Smile

Never say die akash, you never know what attracts judges and who wins the grand slam. 

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@ RIO - Dear bro, thanks for the encouragement Smile

Mention not bro. We all need it from time to time.

Any way AnyChance of WeChat with Anyone, Anywhere getting extended today Anytime.

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Very less chance bro. You've to post befor 2359 hrs today...

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

IB mentioned on twitter that contest will not be extended Frown

Yo ranjith,  it shouldn't be extended. A person whose idea gets lifted think of his/her plight.  We have started seeing already when posts are hidden. 

Akash KB
Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

One Naga Mouse is still alive Laughing Catch it if you can Tongue out

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Facing difficulty in squeezing tweets into 140 characters. Half of the tweet is being occupied by "@indiblogger #WeChatNow" and the picture link. Frown

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Someone was making fun of me for creating a twitter account for the contest. :((

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

... He is making fun of everyone! Surprised

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Self-host the image on your blog + Use a URL shortner + Use only #WeChatNow (without @indiblogger)

CHEERS Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Thanks Akash.

Anyway, it's done after replacing WeChat ( in message - not the hashtag ) with WC, removing the spaces that occur after commas, changing are to r, removing articles.... Innocent

Tweeting is not that easy! Smile

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Inspite of all the security, 'someone' copied my characters and i think he has not only copied me, his post includes fragments of a majority of the participants! Hope the judges notice that!

Sfurti Juztamom
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Bushra really?? Then think of the best way to bring it to everyone's notice or alteast Renie's. Why don't you mail Renie directly with the copied link???

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Frown 

Email indi@indiblogger.in with links of plagiarists post

Bushra, you must inform Renie immediately. It is not fair.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Felt too lazy after completing 1/3rd of the post. Gave a not so good twist and ended it abruptly. Frown 

Lost all hopes of winning. Frown

Bro you still have one more hour. 

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Make your climax interesting...... it carries 70% of marks. It takes hardly 30 min. or so.

Best of Luck bro Smile

Sfurti Juztamom
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Best of luck Ranjith

Dude Ranjith, saw your post and what an amazing creation dude. Stunning. Rightfully great post

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Akash For me, even climax will take 5-6 hours. I just knew how to start the story. I neither knew the middle nor the end. I Thought that the pen would do it job without my help but it deceived me. Frown

@ Sfurti Thanks

@ Rio Those words are inspiring. Smile 

I've learnt a lesson - Don't wait till the last moment  ]to submit contest entries. But this is not the first time I'm learning that lesson. Frown

Tathagata Roy
Tathagata Roy
from Mumbai
10 years ago

M i the last person to submit my entry for the contest? its 11:10 PM only 49 mins left Laughing. As usually last minute entry

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Better writers are yet to come.

Your is a good one... Best Of Luck bro Smile

Pooja
from Nagpur
10 years ago

I submitted my entry ten minutes before midnight Surprised

Pooja
from Nagpur
10 years ago

And apparently many people submitted even after me...I genuinely thought I was the last one...

Shaumik Daityari
Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Just an advice to people who are worrying about the deadline.

Why don't you submit the half-post and then continue editing without changing the URL fo the post?

Pooja
from Nagpur
10 years ago

LOL, Ingenius!

Indiblogger crawlars get feeds of all changes to post so be careful in edits. 

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago
@Rio: Well, I wasn't talking of myself. I have written four posts, the earliest was posted in mid May, the latest on 11th June or so. I had a lot of time to think over my stuff. I was just looking at the people pleading for extension of deadlines. Anyways, no offense intended but considering the coding guidelines here, I have my doubts on how effective the crawlers are.
Akash KB
Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Pls don't mind bro Smile Do you file (deposit) income tax every year @time?

I think you are not aware - How able is IndiBlogger 'When catching Link-Spam." If they catch somebody then they ban him/her for lifelong.

Everybody here knows - Submitting a static URL and editing the content later. But, Is it worth taking the risk?

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

That's definitely not what I meant.

Imagine you submitted a post. After the content closes, you notice a grammatical error. Is editing it illegal (notice that it won't change the link of the post and it certainly isn't a static link)?

What I wanted is that if you are have let's say completed most of it (maybe you have to add images/videos) but time is running out, can't you submit it?

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Do you file (deposit) income tax every year @time?

I still don't have a PAN card, and my only big earning till date has been the Google Summer of Code. No income tax yet Tongue out

Lini
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Dude, do you even know what you talk of? Tech terms can be very deceptive... no offence... but i would Humbly request you to gain insight on such terms before you decide to comment.

otherwise you might seem *ignorant* in front of some techie people here...

PS. All said in good humour. I hope no offence has been taken Smile

Lini
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Btw, my reply goes out to you in all humility @Akash KB

Tony Tharakan
Tony Tharakan
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Some entries don't contain anything yet. Maybe they are busy plagiarising stuff and will update in a bit.

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I knew people already knew about that stuff! Now I look like an idiot posting that comment of mine :P 

Jayant Shekhar
Jayant Shekhar
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Recovering from the disappointment of not winning anything in the Apollo hospitals contest Frown

Hopefully this one will fetch something, else my participation might be limited to the Indiblogger meets in Delhi/NCR. Tongue out

Praveesh
Praveesh
from Trivandrum
10 years ago

Getting IndiVotes for the WeChat article is Difficult :( 400+ articles published in Indiblogger at once, Difficult to find it out in IniVine :P

anyways, It doesn't matter right?

Yo dude votes do not matter. 

Indivine votes will not count.

404 entries and some one has posted more than ten entires. Judges will have a tough time. i don't have a chance for first hope. Hoping against hope about winning at least some prize. Some of the entries are really good and pleasure to read.

Great post envisioned shetty,
Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i posted 2, but cant find them anywhere in indivine, though i can see them in my profile 

Mohit Jain
Mohit Jain
from Pune
10 years ago

Where can I see the results?

DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
On the results page
DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago