Around The World With Expedia!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

So who wants to take an all-expense paid trip to the US, Australia, UK, Japan or Singapore next month?  This is probably our most exciting contest so far! Let us know if you have any questions! Smile

Around The World With Expedia

Replies 141 to 143 of 143 Descending
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I will be going on my trip very very soon!! Any general tips for a first time traveler setting foot on a foreign land? Also, I will be visiting some of my Japanese blogger friends - any suggestions what I should be taking for them from our country? Smile

Don't be too surprised if they all look alike. Tongue out

sorry poor joke.

Give them a copy of the indian constitution. They'll enjoy reading it. Laughing

sorry poor joke.

and bring me a few great blog posts on your experience will you???

sweta tiwary
from bangalore
11 years ago

take some hancrafted stuffs for them... I guess they will like it.

we gifted sandalwood crafts to our colleagues from USA, Japan, Chaina last time when they were in India... and they loved it Smile

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
11 years ago

As I  first time travelling to foreign, do carry copies of all your documents - visa, health/travel insurance, passport etc. Do check with your Bank that your credit/debit card is internationally accessible or not, and the charges too. Have a research on the best Mobile network of the country which would be giving best roaming rates....

And, do carry Camera and few GBs of memories...click a lot...share all :D

For the gifts, I copy sweta tiwary's suggestions...Indian Handicrafts are just loved by Japanese... All the best, Happy Journey....

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
11 years ago

*a for I in very first line ;)

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Xeno, hahahaha... and you know what, I am already having a tough time remembering their names Undecided They are similar too- Keiko, yoko, tomoko, etc Innocent Just a few days back I addressed Yoko as Tomoko in one of the mails, and later apologized for that Tongue out

Posts, definitely yes Smile Given how costly a country Japan is, I guess that's the most cheapest (and the best too Laughing) thing I will be bringing back for all my friends here, from there Wink

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

@sweta I have been thinking of Handcrafted items as well, someone advised me against sandalwood ones though citing problems with airline regulations for luggage. Thinking of taking something in fabrics like handbags may be, that will be easy to carry for me too. What say?

@Punit Thank you! I needed this checklist! Still to tick some of these docs that you mentioned..

Thank you Everyone and Wish me luck!!! Smile I am more nervous than excited!

indu chhibber
from Kota
11 years ago

Have a nice trip Arti!

Revati Sahasrabhojane
Revati Sahasrabhojane
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I'm not sure if this qualifies as "off topic" but while we're wishing the top winners all the best on their impending trip (that's finally happening) I've already used my 10k voucher on a quick weekend holiday. And it was beautiful. Thank you so much Expedia & Indiblogger (that includes all fellow bloggers who wrote some beautiful posts).

PS: You can read all about my (free) holiday here.

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Thats great Revati! Glad you had a wonderful time! Am off to read more on that right away! :)

Revati Sahasrabhojane
Revati Sahasrabhojane
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Thanks Arti. Oh and as for your gift shopping, sure, take along larger items like handbags and stuff for specific people whom you know you will be meeting. But what about last minute gifts? You go there, you meet someone, become friends, and oops. You really wanted to give them something to remember you by but all you've got is your email ID. heheh so carry along some smaller stuff that can always be stashed in your purse or something. Like small keychains with decorative elephants etc. 

LockSign in to reply to this thread