An opportunity for every Indian blogger to get published!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

IndiBloggers!

On August 15 2012, on our independence day and IndiBlogger’s 5th anniversary, comes an opportunity for every Indian blogger to get published! Smile

IndiBlogger.in in association with HarperCollins will give you insight and a whole new perspective of the world of publishing. Submit your own stories, learn from the authors, talk to the editors, join a social community of book lovers and see your work in print.

Do help us spread the word, and get Yash Lal's book to start your first review:

http://www.indiblogger.in/getpublished/

Keep blogging!

Replies 141 to 160 of 197 Descending

Am quite sure I haven't received that email, Anoop, but now I know. Thanks for the update.

Ekta Khetan
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I am keeping my fingers crossed. If this happens, i will be on air! It would be my first story that ever saw light of being published and Harper Collins will get a free ka fan and promoter!! Yipppee..waiting with great faith though I know there are stalwarts here :)

Chitra
Chitra
from Mumbai
10 years ago

we were supposed to get some updates by 30th right?

yeah, was expecting some updates now that we've lived through April 30th.. Tongue out

C. Suresh
C. Suresh
from Bangalore
10 years ago

The email from Indi said that emalis would be sent in the first week of May. There is still time folks :) Btw, I hope that emails will be sent to all and not to a selected few :)

Tushar Kumar Singh
from Delhi,Mumbai
10 years ago

Yeah, maybe you are right.. If we've waited for so long, what's the harm in waiting for a few more days.. Smile

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Your question reminds me of my MBA days, Suresh. They used to send company short lists only to selected individuals secretly. So you would be waiting for the mail that never comes with sickening suspense refreshing your mail box every minute. A rejection would be much better than that. 

Actually how many stories were among the final submission. I hope somebody would let us know that :)

Siddharth Gupta
Siddharth Gupta
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Well the first week of May is about to end and still no word. Eagerly waiting!

Frist week of may is already over. Did anyone get any kind of mails ? Undecided

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

We have an update - the results of the contest will be announced on or before the 24th of May. Smile

Tushar Kumar Singh
from Delhi,Mumbai
10 years ago

Yeah, finally, some action on this front. Smile

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Late but good update. Thanks. We were expecting something in May first week but expected the update to be another date sometime in June/July for final results. Though update is a week or so late, good that final results will be anounced in 10 days time.

C. Suresh
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Good news! I was worried that if the delay extended to June and any further action was to be sought from participants, I would have been out of it since I am off on a trek for the whole of June nearly.

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thanks Renie, Keeping my fingers ahhh so crossed! 

Thanks a lot Renie for the update...

I feel like I am waiting for my exam results...

Nilanjana Bose
Nilanjana Bose
from Bahrain
10 years ago

Thank you.  Good to know.

Dola
Dola
from Phagwara
10 years ago

Thanks for the update

Sonia Rao
Sonia Rao
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Glad to get this update. Thank you, Renie :)

24th May is day after tomorrow!!!

What’s the day today, my heart gives a lurch, I tell myself to be sensible, free as that bird on its perch

In the end it is best to remember Publishing is a business,To make it viable they must pick stories they think will sell And, (we are told) ones they think, will go together well.

Trying hard to be sensible on the eve of the results :)...

I am praying that it does not get postponed further....

Really scared!!!

A strange tension and unknown uncertainty is following like a shadow..

Just a few more hours to ago. It has been quite some time since I first envisaged what I'm supposed to write for such a sacrosanct topic and now it's been quite some time since I've kept the anxiety regarding the final results at abeyance. But cannot hold it anymore. Getting published after being into blogging can be a giant leap, like someone getting a 99% in final examinations or even more than that. And even though I know that I'm just a tyro when it comes to writing, I'm still keeping hope that may be something in my story developed a penchant in them to publish it, that may be something in my story intrigued them. And now hope is all that I have till the time the results come out. Oh boy is this final wait excruciating Tongue out , ATB  to all those who have their eyes on this. Lets do it. Laughing .

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

Brevity is the soul of wit. (Bacon)

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

In case the results are not coming tomorrow, it will be nice if Indi team informs today itself to avoid people wasting most of tomorrow waiting and refreshing Indipage every few minutes putting pressure on the the servers and finally getting disappointed.

Satya Rekha Ramaswamy
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I second...

But the optimist within is reluctant!

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Results should be out tomorrow as promised. Smile

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I have half a mind to lock up this thread first thing tomorrow morning. Otherwise some anxious wreck is going to be bumping up this thread every few minutes sending the hearts of all other nervous wrecks racing. In the other MBA community, I was part of, around the time CAT results were due, admins would lock up all threads related to results to avoid this. 

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

If you lock up this thread, more threads will be created! Laughing

Satya Rekha Ramaswamy
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Renie... Any idea about the timing of the release?

Will it be released via mail or in Indiblogger itself?

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

We'll update the Get Published page, update this thread, and a day or two later, send out an email!

Satya Rekha Ramaswamy
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks Renie....

Tushar Kumar Singh
from Delhi,Mumbai
10 years ago

Ah,Pagalguy, you meant to say Laughing The facebook of mba aspirants Tongue out

Where is the result?

Half a day already passed... :(

Impatient and nervous!!!

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

there is still half day left Laughing oh my the way these people post panicky posts they make others nervous too LaughingSealed

Satya Rekha Ramaswamy
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Nandini... Mission accomplished then!!!

LockSign in to reply to this thread