"An Immune India" Contest

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Another contest from Dabur, and this time there are a few Indi-Pattani prizes as well! Smile

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=92

Replies 141 to 160 of 197 Descending
Poonam
Poonam
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Hope you are able to sort out the whole 'Plagiarists' Problem' soon, Renie!

Also hope to bag one of the Indi Pattanis. *Fingers Crossed*...All The Best To Each & Every Honest Participant! Laughing 

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Hey folks, we're working on this as we speak, and I'll post an update as soon as we can. I'm popping in right now because I realized there was a fair amount of ambiguity with my last post!

Let me clarify - we are not judging, we're simply making sure the judges did their due diligence. And as for what I meant about a "good post" and a "namesake post"- the latter was a ten line post, with 8 lines being the definition of immunity and the other two lines with the linkback. This post was amongst the 1000 rupee voucher winners (there are no issues with the winners of the bigger prizes, that remains as is). When we saw this post there, we wondered if Dabur chose it because of a lack of choice. We checked, and we found other posts where the effort put in was quite apparent, thereby making them "good posts", or to put it more aptly "non-namesake posts".

Hope this clarifies - IndiBlogger is not judging, we're checking to make sure the judging was done and that every entry was checked properly. Sorry for the confusion caused!

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I feel happy reading this. After writing for a contest, the worst thing we feel is that our posts may not even get a look from the judges. If they read and do not like it, then it is not a big issue. Everyone has thier own opinion about what is a good contest post. Thank you Renie and Inditeam for  checking to make sure the judging was done and that every entry was checked properly. We could not ask for more (prizes would be great though Smile)

Geeta Nair
Geeta Nair
from Manjeri
10 years ago

It's Ok Renie.It happens. And btw thanks for the update. 

Bhumika Thakkar
Bhumika Thakkar
from Mumbai
10 years ago

We are glad u guys intervened Renie..to prevent the hard work of more deserving ppl go futile..

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Glad to see some activity in this thread! Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Really? Tongue out

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Surprised

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Innocent

@ Renie: Good Job and I really appreciate that you have asked the judges to re-confirm about the declaration of results.

@Everyone: I could not recall what the prizes were for this contest. I guess each and every participant might have forgot the prize list of this contest. 

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Pravin, the prizes were almost same as the other dabur contest except the vouchers one..You may like to check the mail sent by Inditeam announcing the contest, it mentions the prizes as well. In case, if you missed it. I guess the first prize was Macbook Air

second prize was Samsung S4 phones

Dunno other prizes...I was lured by the top 2 prizes only Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

r..............u didnt write ur name in the pic?

@ Ekta: Thank you. Henceforth, I will check emails to know the prizes.

@ Ranjith: Thank you for displaying an image of all the prize list of this contest. 

Have a nice day.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

ND Ranjith is getting more spiritual day by dayCool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

ND Because I copied pasted it directly without taking screenshot. Undecided

Vijay Tongue out

Mohit
Mohit
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Renie I really appreciate the steps taken by Indiblogger so that only deserving participants will get awarded...I also will like to suggest that judges shouldn't only consider Indivine votes and comments for the purpose of awarding....You may be making participants wait for result but most will be happy that judging is done properly....

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

there have been many big winners who got very less votes/comments in many past contests...so votes doesnt hamper results

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

ND: what u said is theory (or cliche Wink) but kuchh to hai votes mein that makes a good chunk of bloggers crave for the same and keep on improving their networking skills.Smile

there are many readers who only read popular posts thus it gives more readership to the post.

Who knows the psychological effect of votes on the evaluation ?Undecided

PS: We should not overlook the other side of the coin when highly voted posts won big prizes.Wink

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

avdhoot..............votes get ur post to the main page thats the only advantage......maybe in past votes mattered...but since the time i joined i've seen posts with very little or no votes get big prizes.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
10 years ago

Avadhoot is correct... votes do have a psychological impact, but probably not on the judges as much as it would be on the blogger and other bloggers. Many votes would tend to give me that pseudo feeling of having reached somewhere... and being on Page 1 of the popular listing here gives me the licence to strut  around for some time. :) 

Other bloggers who look at the Page 1 just might decide to click and read what 'this bloody blogger' has written to deserve being there... and so I may actually get a few hits on my blog and, if I'm lucky, a few  more comments.

Indi-likes certainly would NOT have any sort of impact on judges... and should not have.

So do indi-likes achieve anything?

Yes, they do.

Indi-likes bring in interactivity amongst bloggers... and this is more important than you and I would tend to think. They go on and catalyse relationships... hatreds... likes... dislikes... affinities... lobbies... groups... and they generate what we call 'a reason to exist'. :)

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Congrats to all the winners and runners up. Once again a consolation prize has broken by losing streak at 3 itself this time. Need to start all over again for my old record of 13.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

It will break again TF. Tongue out Congrats Laughing

DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Congrats Partner!
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
10 years ago

TF, you're like a 'console' for all bloggers... so a consolation prize isn't really inappropriate, is it? :)

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Yeah - And 1000 Rs. is not a bad consolation at all, Mr. Passey - 5 Wheel of Time books at the discount prize. Way better than lousy Lakme T-shirts.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks DS and Ranjith. Let me see. This kind of 1000 Rs consolations are not too bad a deal. But will try again for my record anyways.

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Congrats TFLaughing

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks Bushra

Shruti
Shruti
from Kolkata
10 years ago

congies :) :) 

Aditya
Aditya
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Congratulations to all...

Ragini Puri
Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

Congratulations winners!! Smile

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
10 years ago

Congrats to all winners... and a pat on the back for @Ekta Khetan. Hope she now stops crying about never winning. :)

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
10 years ago

Congrats to all winners... and a pat on the back for @Ekta Khetan. Hope she now stops crying (whining seems to be a better word, Ekta...ha ha) about never winning. :)

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

who had won 'iphone' in idea caravan contest then?Money mouth

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thank M Passey, if you had given me one of your prizes, may be I have stopped whatever you said Tongue out

Besides, when we celebrate winning, we must not rob whinning. It is a balancing impact esp when you know the enormous amount of hardwork you have put in that post [s].

Nandini, Yeah after writing for 20 contests and winning only one.. be my friend Tongue outMoney mouth Anil kapoor yaad hai na Wink Chal Dosa khate hai!

Mohit
Mohit
from Mumbai
10 years ago

congrats..I thought everytime I will participate I will win something as I used to try my best for contests but now confuse after not winning anything in this one...

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Wohoa! Happy to be among the list..Yay! I can't put my happiness into words as this win of mine holds more importance to me then ANYTHING else in the world! It's a shoutout to people who wrongly blame innocent people! Indeed truth wins atlast! LaughingCool

Congratulations Khushboo,BK, Ekta and all the other winners! Party time \m/

Seeta Bodke
Seeta Bodke
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Congrats everyone :) 

Kapil Chauhan
Kapil Chauhan
from Ghaziabad
10 years ago

Congratulations to all winners!!

sweta tiwary
sweta tiwary
from bangalore
10 years ago

Congratulations to all the winners Smile

Kamlesh Parikarath
Kamlesh Parikarath
from Bangalore
10 years ago

feeling ecstatic after winning a Galaxy S4 and a Rs. 1000 Gift Voucher. I've been wondering what i'd be gifting my dad when he retires from work on april. Galaxy S4 is the ideal solution :D .. thank you Indiblogger & Dabur. 

helloo and congrats to u and everyone :) may i know where to check the list of winners? i havnt been active here for a couple of days :/
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@Abhishek Go to http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=92. You will find the winners  list on the right. Laughing

LockSign in to reply to this thread