Sony Contest - Love Marriage ya Arranged Marriage!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

This contest should be fun - since everybody has an opinion on this one! Smile

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=59

More kindles and vouchers up for grabs - not to mention hampers for every valid entry. Good luck!

Update for those with issues redeeming the vouchers

To redeem your voucher sent to you please follow these steps below.

1.       Visit www.snapdeal.com/gift-voucher/redeem & create an account if you don't have one. Sign in if you have one already. 

2.       Enter Gift Voucher Code you received by email we sent across.

3.       Above process will upload the Voucher Value (Snapdeal Cash) in to the user’s Snapdeal account

4.       Sign out & sign in again

5.       Click on “My Account” to see and use available cash.

6.       Check your account balance by clicking on drop down box (on the top) next to your name (My Account), click on Account info -> My SD Cash.

There seem to be issues with creating accounts on snapdeal website. To do that clear the cache/cookies etc. in your browser or try another browser.

Replies 141 to 160 of 251 Descending
Vivek Sheel
Vivek Sheel
from New Delhi
11 years ago

First of all congrats to all the winners :):) !!

I went through the comments showing disappointment on missing out on prizes and questions seeking clarifications on the judging parameters. This is how i would define the contest rules.

1. The post has to be in .......(these many words only).  {Many a posts are too long and sometimes even carried forward in parts. If you can express , do so in the defined word limit please.}

2. Use pictures and videos only if extremely important or else make best use of your writing skills. { This is not a movie making or a photography contest, its a blogging contest }

3. Only 1 submission is allowed { If you are writing 2 or 3 posts it shows how desperate you are to win and in that case quality of your post will drastically go down}

4. The contest will be judged on a) Creativity b) Relevance to the theme c) Flow of thoughts d) Quaility of the post , with equal weightage to all the 4 parameters.

5. Indivotes will be disabled during the submission period. After the posts have been sumbitted to the judges, voting can resume for the fun of Indi bloggers. Number of votes are not a criteria for choosing the best posts.

6. Prizes will be given in the following categories a) Most Creative b) Most Relevant to the theme c) Most Interesting d) Most well researched e) Most well presented

I am not sure if the IB team finds any merit in my suggestions but its high time the rules are redefined.

Cheers !!

Vivek

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I dunno about IB team but I strongly disagree with you espo on few points cause somehow I feel u r targeted them at me too...

Listen who told you that blogging is just about writing and picture and video do not count? Blogging or weblog is more like a personal diary, in that case how do you have contest figuring in that? And for ur kind info, in last few at least 2 contests videos won 1st prize...Its all about expresssion mate. I would rather say cut the crap by making a video than ranting cliches...yes stories may get long but what harm as long as they r interesting...its all about creativity!!!! in big bold letters..

Agree for 2-3 posts not to be allowed...but understand such contests are about promoting a brand, like when Yashodhra lal give you her book toi review, she at least expects a review in offing- good or bad, as long as you express the way u felt. If length wud be an issue, all serials or soaps will become one stroy episode...and when ppl show disappointments, instead of lashing at them, learn to take it with more empathy. Its immature to say those who did not win had not written quality posts or were irrelevant or non creative. 

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Reading these rules created a familiar image in my mind. I was wondering why it looked so familiar. Then suddenly came to me - it reminded me of the essays we used to write for the English exams in high school. Thanks for making me feel nostalgic about my school days.

Nevin Thomas
from Kochi
11 years ago

I am not sad about losing but this is disappointing. Who said blogging is only about writing? You should say this to Joshi Daniel.

Chitra
Chitra
from Mumbai
11 years ago

i agree with vivek sheel .,.i liked some of his points.....

and yes congratulations to all the winners :)

And for people like me who didnt win ...just chill.... there is always a second chance :)

Swapna
Swapna
from New Delhi
11 years ago
Congratulations to all the winners especially Saru, Uma and Rahul. I won a voucher and feeling good about it. :)
Tomz
Tomz
from Cochin
11 years ago

Congrats to the winners though i hadnt participated. And Renie, A big thumps up to the Indi team fr organising such good contests..Expecting more and more such programs which demand active participation from the bloggers..

Rajrupa Gupta
Rajrupa Gupta
from Kolkata, India
11 years ago

I agree with you Vinisha... :) It's a good feeling...

But I also feel that no matter if we win or not, we need to have faith in our writing.. After all we all write because we love to write not just because we want to win contests!

vinisha
from chennai
11 years ago

agreeed rajrupa .....exactly prizes are just a sone pe suhagaa thing - but the main thing is we write and  that's the most satisfying than anyother prizes - see we write and we write good that what we should feel and one day talent is gonna shine for sureeeeeeeeeeee :D :D

vinisha
from chennai
11 years ago

btw congo for your kindle :D :D

Richa Singh
Richa Singh
from Pune
11 years ago

anukriti no tips for married life here!! I think contacting Vikas would be a better idea for this..ask him how he stands me all day :P

congo's all winners and the one's who missed the target. better luck next time. hit the bull's eye. 

Maulik Doshi
Maulik Doshi
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I won the voucher, but where will I get it? Will it be posted to my address?

Btw, Congratulations to all of you :D .. I won for the first time, and I am too surprised to express anything as of now. O_o

Pranita
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Same here... my first prize frm indiblogger.... the voucher!!!! Wanted to know how i ll get it!

Congratulations to all the winners! This really made my day! :)

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Update your profile with your mailing address. You will be sent the voucher there. You will receive an email from the Inditeam about the same.
Narendra Kumar
Narendra Kumar
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Has everybody received the Sony voucher?

I had updated the address page when they sent the link.

But, till now I haven't received the voucher!

Any idea whom to approach?

Nevin Thomas
from Kochi
11 years ago

Same here. Lets hope its something HUGE :P

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Congrats to the 43 winners!

...and I'm sure the others, including me, will be looking forward to the Sony gift hampers... so, in a way, we're all winners. Congrats to us all! :)

An interesting topic surely... loved writing my post in an experimental question-format. Hope to read comments from you all on the way I treated the topic.

KAJAL MAJHI
KAJAL MAJHI
from Mahanad
11 years ago

hampers from SONY TELEVISION must be huge Cool

I also won the voucher. But did not recieve any email about the contest results being declared. Last time I won a runner up in Masterchef, I was emailed about it.  Did All the voucher winners get such emails or they fpound it on their own.

Congrats to evryone who won and particpated.

Pranita
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I dint rcv ant email either... i found it out myself.. Haven't rcvd the voucher yet!

Congrats to you too! :)

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Ashwini and Pranita, You have not won the voucher but every participant will get the voucher. You just update your address where you want to receive the voucher in your Indiblogger profile. It will reach you there. Might take time, 2-3 months but it will come eventually. Good Luck.
Pranita
Pranita
from Bangalore
11 years ago

@DS... Wasnt VOUCHER only for 35 people mentioned and HAMPERS to all the participants???

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Oh Yes! Apologies, My Bad! I confused the Hampers with the Vouchers. Still the procedure remains the same, update your address in your Indiblogger profile. And Congrats on winning the voucher!!
Pranita
from Bangalore
11 years ago

@DS... thanks :)

Gaurav Pal
Gaurav Pal
from Noida
11 years ago

Hey guys, do any one of you have any idea abt when we are supposed to be getting vouchers from sony, that were promised? 

Maulik Doshi
Maulik Doshi
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Exactly, when are we going to get it?

Vandana
Vandana
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Sabar ka phal meetha hota hai ~ Patience will reward you with sweet successSmile

Medha Kapoor
from Delhi
11 years ago
so nobody got the vouchers yet?
SaroSena
SaroSena
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I won the voucher, and nope, no e-mail received. somebody mentioned that they won the runner up for masterchef... so did ! :) Still following up on my chef signed mug though :( Congratulations everyone, from those who love to write and write for writing's sake & those who write because they love getting free goodies ;) Thanks IB team for the splurge of contests that you threw at us... Christmas is coming, here's to many many more contests to come!!!

Yes Saro, Even I am waiting for the chef signed mug, which apparently will never be seen by us. Hopefully these vouchers reach us or else they will also be on our minds like the thermal mugs. Winning or losing is the part of the contest, but the anxiety of what is in the hamper is  what makes us ask such questions.

SaroSena
SaroSena
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Hey Ashwini, that's surprising. When I contacted the team last, they said that they'd received confirmation that we'd all received the mugs.. ha ha nonsense. It's been so long, I forgot they were thermal till you just mentioned it!!  Ur right, the bitter anxiety and then (hopefully) the sweet happiness of receiving it some distant day when that was the absolute last thing on your mind...he he

Sumit Surai
from Calcutta , Kolkata
11 years ago

My God! I received my Thrmal Masterchef Mug long back. Yes, it arrived late, but at least arrived. Sorry to hear that you didn't get the mug :(

Well the reason I got was that the courier guy wandered off with the mug. Since I am not in India presently I had no choice but to accept it. Hope the Courier guys don't wander off with my hamper and voucher this time.

LockSign in to reply to this thread