Anonymous Soul
from Mumbai
8 years ago
Replies 141 to 160 of 372 Descending
Rajesh Kasargod
Rajesh Kasargod
from Mumbai
8 years ago

I guess re submission will be treated as fresh entry . So no early bird or assured prizes . 

Sunaina
Sunaina
from Edison
8 years ago

My post http://istoppedtosmellarose.blogspot.com/2016/02/we-need-each-other.html (We Need Each Other) was rejected as it was short of word count. I had based my post on the keyword 'navigation'. Do quotes used in the posts not count? Please clarify so that I do not repeat the mistakes. Also, @Renie, can one edit and increase the word count? 

Gitanjali Banerjee
Gitanjali Banerjee
from Delhi
8 years ago

I am at 21 posts while the lowest ranking person in the tally has submitted 40, almost double. I can never match upto. it is like a mirage. The closer you think you are, farther it goes.

Feeling disappointed and also exhausted. I don't stand a chance and I have devoted so much of my energy and time. Going through writer's self doubt mood swing Frown

Is there anyone else who is goign through the same feelings. I mean so much energy is out that I don't want to back out now but!

TechChumz
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Cheer up Gitanjali, eta shobar sathey hoi. Sooner or later, all bloggers come across that one effort intensive type of writing contest involving multiple posts or getting hundreds of likes or votes which helps them realize their future strategies. You see, I have come across this in some other platform before. So I could aim for the assured vouchers and then back out for the bloggers with more time capabilityor motivation. If it is any consolation, at least 3 or 4 of the top ten bloggers may have their ranks overturned by people who are storing their posts fo later. Also, imagine the plight of the topmost bloggers getting the same mine as those who wrote half the number of posts. This is good for you because you now have information to help you optimize your effort in future marathons

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
8 years ago

Interesting point on the rejections. If a post is rejected , will their count get immediately reduced from leaderboard or only updated at the end?

Can you kindly look into the sorting order. I think there's an issue with people having the same no of posts but one is ahead of another , though the former posted later 

IB admins : Kindly request a clarification

Atulpriya Sharma
from Hyderabad
8 years ago

I guess now your query is answered regarding rejected posts and the leaderboard position, they have updated the same on the leaderboard.

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
8 years ago

Atul , agree with u :)

Sarthak Brahma
Sarthak Brahma
from Bengaluru
8 years ago

@Renie : Another rejection without any grounds for a perfectly valid entry http://abandwidthreview.blogspot.in/2016/02/the-prestige-revisited-impact-of-reddit.html .  I have had it. This is bizarre. No blogging until this is resolved. Sorry but this rampant spree of clicking 'reject' 'reject' is too humiliating.

@Sarthak No offense please but I guess ur above mentioned post doesn't relate to any keywords provided.. So it's rejected.  May b I m wrong. 

Gitanjali Banerjee
Gitanjali Banerjee
from Delhi
8 years ago

Rejection is tough to take, Sarthak, and that too if the feedback is ambiguous. All the best!

Rajesh Kasargod
Rajesh Kasargod
from Mumbai
8 years ago

I guess Everyone Deserves reason for rejection . This is our right there can not be just reject without reason .

Also I guess it opens up lots of argument with every post rejected  .We should refrain from arguing on every rejection without reason. For example. 

Its really unfair to to ask for Quotes/ Words  in Images to be counted in word count. its bizare really .

It will difficult for Indiblogger otherwise .

Gitanjali Banerjee
Gitanjali Banerjee
from Delhi
8 years ago

Thanks for the heads up TechChumz. However, I have a question - Is it fair to allow people to submit all at once towards the end. I mean then you lose the essence of a marathon. The concept of marathon, in physical world is based on sonsistently running step by step. You jsut can't start running at the 11th hour and win the race. That will be against the principle of marathon. In blogging marathon, weightage should also be given to bloggers who have posted almost every day. What is your opinion on that?

anupam joseph
from Lucknow
8 years ago

You can think of this as the last minute sprint the athletes pull off in actual marathon. You save your breath till the last minute and then run the hardest...

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
8 years ago

agree with anupam here. everything is based on some strategy right :)

let the best man win

DS
from Mumbai
8 years ago
In a real marathon or say a 10,000 m race the athletes run slowly at the beginning gradually picking up pace and finally throttling in the last 100-200 m. Those runners who go all out at the beginning are exhausted before a third of the trace is completed and are finally left behind huffing and puffing. In a Blogging marathon, I think we must have a limit to how many posts we can submit each day. Building gradually is one thing and submitting 25 posts on the last day is another thing altogether. If something like that happens then those who have worked so hard to be where they are is of no use and it will be heart breaking for them. 6-7 posts per day is a very good limit per day, may be on weekends it can be increased to 8-10. No blogger, whether part time, full time, pro or amateur can write more than that in a day continuously for a month.
Rajesh Kasargod
Rajesh Kasargod
from Mumbai
8 years ago

I guess Initially there was Limit of 6 post in day on Indivine . But due to demand from Us it was removed considered the early Bird Prizes is for 10 posts.

There may be different views  & strategy, But the limit say of 10 would have made it more interesting.It may have taken care of hoarders also it may  have kept everyone on the edge. and leader board must have been lively .I guess that the purpose of the leader Board 

Considering it is first marathon it  would certainly evolve as a format 

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

Calm down guys, I submitted posts just enough to make sure that I would get 10 vouchers. Out of those 11 entries I did, I have got rejection mails for two and approval mails for two. At this rate, I guess, I will get just 5 or even less approved submissions. They have certain rules and guidelines and certain criterion based on which they are rejecting the entries, and they have every right to do so. What I do here is, in case my blogpost doesn't meet guidelines and gets rejected, I remove the backlink, that's it, and that is what I am going to do here as well with the rejected posts. Why give them unnecessary backlinks for something we are not going to get anything.

It seems to be a nice competition 

Gitanjali Banerjee
Gitanjali Banerjee
from Delhi
8 years ago

I didn't get any rejection mail yet but only 3 posts got approval and that too randomly. Is this is how it is going for others too. 

Katie
from chennai
8 years ago

Only one got approval. No approval or rejection mail for others. So far so good.

Raj Vora
Raj Vora
from Mumbai
8 years ago

I have not got any mails for approvals or rejections yet! I'm loving the contest - this is the first time I'm writing a huge fiction story.

Mahesh Sowani
Mahesh Sowani
from Peth Vadgaon
8 years ago

@TechhChumz it is only you who keeps on talking about hoarding. I guess you are going to be the biggest hoarder.Tongue out

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

:)) Yes, TC, sometimes you sound like you are actually goading people to do just that rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009 Tongue out 

Subhadip Mukherjee
Subhadip Mukherjee
from Kolkata
8 years ago

We're sorry to inform you that your entry "*****************" for the "#TataZica Marathon" IndiMarathon topic cannot be accepted, as it does not fulfill the minimum requirements of the topic.

What???? Can someone please tell me what is the "minimum requirements"? 

Gitanjali Banerjee
Gitanjali Banerjee
from Delhi
8 years ago

The rejection process is really ambiguous. They have rejected 2 of my posts back to back. I don't see where the fault lies. These posts good good readership and traction through my FB page. Word count and HTML code is fine too. They must give appropriate reasons. This is heart breaking. I will request you all to go through the posts rejected and help me understand the reason so that either I stop writing or I write cautiously for the remaining days.

http://www.writergitanjali.com/the-impact-of-journey-from-being-a-tourist-to-a-traveller/

http://www.writergitanjali.com/chapter-16-the-horrendous-impact-of-road-rage/

Also help me with the process to raise an inditicket. Do you think that might help?

TechChumz
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Gitanjali, it is better to raise an inditicket asking why as we can only guess, but only the moderators will actually know. Just click contact/indisupport at the bottom of this page in the rightmost column with heading MEET THE INDIBUGGERS.

Regarding how to write future posts, I can help. You will be safe if you follow the prompt that says write an inspiring or creative article (built around or woven around) the keyword. For example, why music attracts you and why it inspires you with three or four examples of how music inspired you to get out of illness or to study better etc. So the central keyword around which you build the article in this case is music. Likewise you can write an article on the different meanings of the word impact along with funny exmples of getting mixed up with the different meanings and making embarrassing mistakes. So here also, the central keyword would be impact.

At the end the most important thing is that this is a BETA version of Indimarathon. You will get perfect fairness in the future marathons, here, some things are still in the making. I would advise you not to bother much and take it easy. The first Happy Hour also was flawed. It was announce and finished within hours and most of us did not get to know. So IB rectified future happy hours. This is going to happen with marathon, too.

CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

Gitanjali, this is not something unique to you. A lot of others too have been getting these rejection mails and thus, I see no reason for a heartbreak here, and even if there is a reason for heartbreak, Chutki me chipkaye, Fevikwik! :P

TechChumz
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Laughing

Rajesh Kasargod
Rajesh Kasargod
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Frankly Gitanjali , I read your above two post .

And You are continuing your post in chapters . So if i read only 19 i dont know what happened in 18 previous posts .

Since it will Moderated by many different moderators. It will be issue . 

Most interesting point is Write an inspiring or creative article (built around or woven around) the keyword. Frankly i would not  guess which key word were you talking about.Each article should be about one key word .

I am sorry if i am wrong on this just let you know of my personal opinion .

Second 

hat says write an inspiring or creative article (built around or woven around) the keyword
Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
8 years ago

For everyone who is facing rejections, there may be 3 key reasons

1) Grammar. you have missed key punctuations or made obvious grammatical mistakes. go through them again

2)  Wod count may not be 450 excluding thes snippet code. so always safe to write 500 words

3) last but not least : Forcefit of keywords. the main reason why posts may be rejected. You cant write a random topic and then say its a peppy talk. or you cant write on a subject and say this impacted me. it probably should be on impact of that subject and not impact cos of a subject. the later in 99% of cases will be a forcefit.. hope that's helpful and the IB admins agree with me?

Rajesh Kasargod
Rajesh Kasargod
from Mumbai
8 years ago

@karthik Foot in mouth I want to agree with you but i am not IB admin.

Fathima Light
Fathima Light
from Trivandrum
8 years ago

Would love to have a clear idea about rejections....anyone got an idea.

Dear Ada Wiam,We're sorry to inform you that your entry The Ending - impct of Time on a friendship for the #TataZica Marathon IndiMarathon topic cannot be accepted, as your post does not comply with the submission rules of this topic.

https://ada2writes.wordpress.com/2016/02/07/the-ending-impact-of-time-on-a-friendship/

Want to know what rule was broken in the post...

Anyone wise, please!!! Help...

Rajesh Kasargod
from Mumbai
8 years ago

My first confusion ..is it about "Fantastico"( in Quote at starting of post you have Highlighted this word ) or "Impact'  which is obviously appears in Title.

Your post is extremely touching and very well written. But  you should have at least few sentences specifying on Impact of time  which is a metaphor for Changing Shapes of Moon. You keep it implied.

Post should be woven around Key Words .

I am not admin but Reader with view.

LockSign in to reply to this thread