Replies 161 to 180 of 207 Descending

Congrats winners!!!! Smile

You're most welcome Rakhee Laughing

Saket Kalikar
Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Congrats winners!  All the winning posts are deserving ones.Smile

And interestingly, one of the winning post didn't mention the product explicitly, just a small reference at the end, still the sponsor (or inditeam) recognized its merit. Good example of judging!Smile

Canary
Canary
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Congrats all winners! its a huge list so good thing is many people closed january with smiles on their faces! SmileNow, this is the ultimate irony! I bought an Amazon Kindle just recently to store all my e-books and here I see my name on the Kindle list!! LOL!! I wish I had instead bought a phone because that was next on my list, instead of the Kindle!! Tongue outOr rather, I wish I had won the phone instead of the Kindle here! (Not being too greedy and saying Mcbook cos I'm ok with my current one Innocent )

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

congrats...hope u dont have any issues with the judgings anymoreSmile

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Congrats Canary Cool

Bhavya Kaushik
Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

Thanks a lot IB and Dabur :)

Really glad to see my name up there with S4 Tongue out

Yaye me \ :D /

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

congrats

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Congrats BK! Party Time! Smile

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

Thank you :) :)

yaye party \ :D /

Aditya
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Congrats!!!

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

Thank you, Aditya :)

Nikhil
from Thane
10 years ago

Congrats!

Anita
Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Congrats to all the Winners! Cool

Great to find my name in the list! Laughing

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

congrats!

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

Congratulations ma'am :)

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Congrats, Anita!

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Thanks ND, BK & SK Smile

June Paul
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hey Anita.. We won! :D Congrats!

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Thanks! Yes we did, JuneCool

June Paul
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Cool By the way Anita, any clue what this voucher wouold be all about? Is it a Dabur voucher?

Canary
Canary
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Wasn't an 'issue' nandini :) And I still have my views on role of a 'moderator' in a debate or a quiz or a competition Smile So no, winning has got nothing to do with my views on things :)

But yet, winning is super sweet though I'll truly be happy when I win the first prize in an indi contest SmileSmileSmile btw finally where did you go as part of your KOI win?

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

yes...winning is super sweetKiss...i'm yet to go anywhere with the KOI voucher...its valid till march'14..so hopefully will utilize it by then.

Saket Kalikar
Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

I didn't write for this contest, so I can think about the results with a cool , unbiased mind.

Most of the winning entries are very deserving ones. Congrats to you all!Smile

But why do I feel that a very large number of good posts didn't find themselves in the 1000K list whereas one ordiniary one with glaring errors of spelling and grammer did? 

Do not know why my aesthetic sense is very different from that of judges....... . Am I an earthling or am I an alien from some other planet?.... Just wandering........Innocent

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

you are a blogger Laughing very human one

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago
Hah Ha. I get your point, ND, ha ha
Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago
Yes ND. Most of the winning posts are great. However, I was surprised to see one which I thought could not have made it even to the bottom given the fact that it contained serious errors of language in almost every line. (I am not suffering from Sour Grape Syndrome as I did not write for this contest),. Was just wondering.............
Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

which one....give a hintWink

Saket Kalikar
Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Oops! Typo. Wondering*

Rekha Vaz
Rekha Vaz
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Congrats everyone.... :)

Vivek Sheel
Vivek Sheel
from New Delhi
10 years ago

A runner's up prize is good enough to put a smile on my face :) Good Start to 2014 !!

June Paul
June Paul
from Mumbai
10 years ago

YAY! So happy. I won another Runners-up prize Laughing Thanks IB & Dabur!

Congrats to all the other winners!

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

congratzz

June Paul
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thanks ND :)

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Congrats June! I share your excitement!

Wonderful to win with you again. Smile

June Paul
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Same here, Anita Laughing

Mohit
Mohit
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Can anyone check for me that whether I have really not won even a consolation prize......previous 2 times I had took part I had got something both time so am confused......Entries which have got the best prize are super duper hit but didn't went through all the entries of those who have won vouchers...

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Mohit, feel sorry for your disappointment. After going-through all winning entries (in both Dabur contests) , I too felt that a number of very good posts did not make it to the consolation-prize list, while at least one of those present there, should not have been there.Surprised

While, as Renie has mentioned somewhere, cause of one particular very good post was taken-up with the sponsor, each and every deserving post may have been so fortunate. It might not have been humanly possible for IndiTeam to read each post and take up  with the sponsor as per its merir. Especially when judging has been entrusted to the sponsor as per agreement. This arrangement of umpiring may have its fall-outs.

Its good to see that the IndiPlayers always nod respectfully to the umpire and walk back gracefully to the pavilion. Afterall, not all grounds have a third umpire with a camera.Laughing

I agree with you that the winning entries (in both contests) are super-duper, and add that the consolation prize list  had many good entries too.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
10 years ago

We were to write a blog post on...

1. Our understanding of ayurvedic and chemically processed vs synthetic products

2. Its role in a baby's early growth & development

3. We could also recount our own experiences

---

Just revising the topic before reading the posts that have won. I hope they weren't just eulogies on oil or just went on and on and on about about home remedies... or were not a valid debate on ayurvedic vs synthetic products...

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Do share your observations after you read them, Mr. Passey.

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Please do share your observations.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

In some contests you are supposed to stick to the topic. While in others, you can write whatever you want. This contest falls in the second category. Money mouth

TechChumz
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Mr Passey, that's the point. In some entries, only open admiration of the products that have nothing compulsorily to do with the topic of Ayurveda vs Chemically synthesized products is winning (my own post followed this strategy) whereas in some contests like HP and now BBC, product metions are probably not going to count much, if at all. So since there is ambiguity, why can;t the sponsors be more explicit - like say' mentioning 100 words on Lal Tail as part of the post is a must. I'm sure a lot of people lost out on prizes and are not getting a fair chance because guessing this is not easy. I myself started winning only when I adopted this 'strategy'. There is nothing wrong with this, but as in Kitchens of India, let them tell us what they want explicitly. Especially because sponsors like BBC would not want explicit product or brand praise, sponsors like Dabur and Sunsilk would want this, so how are we supposed to know?? Yell

Thank you Mr. Passey for bringing up this cogent point of view. But on reading some of the replies here, my incredulity at the contents of some posts is now lessening to a great deal. Thanks for clearing this up folks (@Rajnith and @Rakhee S)! I am new here and I wish I had known this 'ambiguity' based fact before Tongue out It is sort of like rowing on difficult waters since some blogging platforms do not allow content that explicitly advertise third party content..

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing

Congratulations to all winners!!!

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Congratulations Winners. I will have good memories of having support and love of many fellow bloggers for this contest post.. though it did not stand to win even a consolation prize. I have never had so much of good response for a blog post ever before. That means a lot. 

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

@Rakhee S .. I am not sure what you are going to do now Rakhee. A huge Buffet awaits you - Remember what you said earlier -If you don't win the lal tail contest I swear I'll chew up my sandals and if you don't win one of the other major lal tail prizes, I will eat up my patiala salwar as well. Laughing

TechChumz
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I've already eaten them up. Burp.. I'm known to keep my promises.

btw, have you seen Kamlesh Parikarath's winning post on Immune India? It's a STUNNER!

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I will check it out sometime later. For the first time ever in my life, I have kind of felt dissappointed for not winning a contest Rakhee. Somehow, with all the appreciation I got for the post, I thought it deserved something. But then everybody has their own opinions. 

disha kotak
from mumbai
10 years ago

For me your post was a hands down winner.  After me your's was the only name I was hoping to find in the list.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i remember some golden words you mentioned in rakhee's thread recently --- contests are like bonus for us bloggers, donot get disheartened and keep blogging, keep rocking! Smile

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Exactly! Very well quoted ND! I was surprised to not find my name in the list too but I guess that's how life is - Unperdictable! Sweet, at the same time, BITTER! It's the second face of the coin and no matter what, you have to accept it, step on it and move forward!!!Wink

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks everyone who have said good or consoling words here. Off course I will keep blogging. It will take more than a dabur contest to deter me. I am much stronger person than that LOLCool. For me, even the setback like being diagnosed by cancer did not last for more than few hours. 

Nikhil
Nikhil
from Thane
10 years ago

Yaay  \O/, my first contest entry Smile and  I won! Congrats everybody!! Now how do I get that voucherMoney mouthMoney mouthWink

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

Keep calm and wait for a month or two :P

Money mouth

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

The voucher code will be sent to your email. Laughing

June Paul
June Paul
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hey I have two questions:

1) What gift vouchers are we gonna get? Is it from Dabur?

2) When will it be mailed to us?

Please let me know. Thanks!:)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

1. They will probably be Flipkart vouchers.

2. Generally, it takes 1-2 months

Laughing

June Paul
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thanks Ranjith Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing

disha kotak
disha kotak
from mumbai
10 years ago

Any idea when will they dispatch the prizes?  

LockSign in to reply to this thread