WeChat with Anyone, Anywhere!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Who's in the mood to get creative? Smile We've got a new contest up, with some drool-worthy prizes. Let us know if you have any questions!

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=81

I'm betting Ranjith has already created a thread on this contest by now. Laughing

Replies 181 to 200 of 387 Descending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

How did the number of entries increase from 404 to 406? Innocent

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Someone mentioned male and female entries on some other thread. If that is the case, then probably they are breeding and producing child entries. Possibly that is why Indiblogger delays results so much - ro give time for the entry population to grow.

Pooja
from Nagpur
10 years ago

@The Fool Hahahahhahah OMG I actually read the first few lines seriously before letting out a high pitched laugh that woke up our neighbor's dog XD

Hehehe, these posts had solitude in dark chamber this time, but my post was saint, so nobody can point any fingers towards it.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

The increasing population will be a big headache for the judges. Tongue out

But kids will be kids, i hope some kid doesn't break the macbook
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

The macbook is surrounded on all sides by Renie, Vineet, Anoop, Nihal... so that kids don't get a chance to break it. Wink

Great 

Yes. On Closing date it was 404 and later increased to 407 and now showing it as 406? How could this happen? How entries were allowed after closing date and again how it decreased from 407 to 406? Whos is responsible and how this could happen?

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

as far as  407->406: an invalid entry seems to be deleted.

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

but i can see 407 right now Undecided

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I think that the number on 'Random' tab gives the total number of entries received. The number on 'Popular' or 'Latest' tabs gives ( number of entries - deleted entries ). You can check for other contests also that the number on 'Random' tab is greater than the one on 'Popular' tab.

And you can verify that the number of entries shown on 'Popular' tab is correct by going to the last page of the entries list.

Cool

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

It seems, no one explores  IB like you, even a few of IB team might have not Innocent

so, u are  an un-crowned Indi-explorer dude. Wink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Thanks! SmileCool

KAKOLLU SURESH
KAKOLLU SURESH
from VIJAYAWADA
10 years ago

Today i got a first Reader to my Blog Post...Smile 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i read two of your posts esp shiva wala few days ago...its nice

Great dude
Sriram Raj
Sriram Raj
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Just imagining what I will do if i was the judge.. Just a guess guys..

First Option: 408 posts. 30 Days. Around 14 posts per day. Little difficult to Judge because all days my mood will not be the same Smile

Second Option: Filter number of bloggers writing the entry. Guessing 200 (14 written by same means there will be more doing the same Wink).30 Days. 6 posts per day. Atleast can do 10 during good mood days.

Third Option: Increase Judges Panel and Ratings accordingly for each vote. Now finding the criterias is difficult. As Ranjith, TF and RDLS suggested, photos, keywords are second things for judgement. Content and Creativity is the key.

Congo's Sriram
And always remember, my post, remember if you read it upside down even, it will be an acer, so if you become judge you know which one post can be given first prize without even reading a word.
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Sriram - They won't do all that. The people giving prizes have other main job. This is just a small campaign. It is not as important to them as it is to you. And publicity is key not content or creativity. Not like this is a school essay writing contest. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

You need 30 days! Surprised

I can do it in a day or two Laughing 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i can do it in hours ...remember inky pinky  ponky? WinkTongue out  ( why am i getting this feeling that ranjith will now say he can do it in minutesSurprised )

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Because, doing Inky Pinky for 406 entries doesn't take more than a few minutes. Wink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

... And of course, I can do it in seconds by awarding the Mac , one mobile and one smartwatch to my single entry and the remaining to my IB friends. Cool

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i can do in fraction of a second, just grab the macbook and run....Laughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Now, I don't want to say that I can do it in a nanosecond. Tongue out

But I would take just a nano second to declare myself winner of first prize.  Rest prizes will be placed in my home, and will be distributed on first come first served basis till stocks last. Any objections. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Expect a huge crowd and be prepared with tea and snacks. Wink

I thought Ranjith, you would say" keep all of them"
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

What will you do by keeping all of them - can you wear ten smart watches and talk on three mobiles at a time? Wink

I can flaunt them dude

Ashu
Ashu
from kolkata
10 years ago

Guys Guess what someone has written me a weird comment as a response to my Post.... I hated his words so removed it... (apology dear reader, your language was too bad).... but i am happy to make some one feel so bad with my post on this contest... intention was achieved....

KAKOLLU SURESH
KAKOLLU SURESH
from VIJAYAWADA
10 years ago

Thank you @ Nandini Deka and Rio Smile

Nisha
Nisha
from Lucknow
10 years ago

I wish we have as many entries for the 'Ring the Bell' initiative as well. Comparing the discussion on that forum and then looking at this one, I have little hope.

Cmon guys, write SOMETHING!! 2 days to go! (Im posting here coz I guess there is a better chance of people reading this forum than Ring the Bell one.)

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Frankly, not everyone can write on these kind of sensitive topics. See the random product sponsored topics, you can play around and have fun and give full flow to your creativity. But specicific social topics you can not deal with it lightly for the fear of undermining the cause instead of supporting. And many of these topics, there is often nothing new to say. The solution is there - you need awareness and people on the ground to implement - not really anything radically new for a blogger to say. And if you try to use too creative forms of expression, as I said earlier we may take away from the dignity of the topic.  So in my opinion make more sense to share links supporting cause on facebook and twitter and maybe on the side bar of the blog. 

Ramesh kumar
Ramesh kumar
from chennai
10 years ago

Cant thank indibloggers enough for makin, so many to come out and pour out there thoughts into it. Good jog for the mind........ :P . This was one hard topic for me, never workedd hard for a topic, (have to say greed kept me focused)... Happy to have participated, after all its not that bad loosin out to good competitors...... cheers to all..

Nisha
Nisha
from Lucknow
10 years ago

@TF ..While I agree with what you are saying, we all have seen in the past people writing a 4-line post when there was a 'prize' for every valid entry.

I am not saying that it is the right approach. But it wouldn't harm if bloggers would even post useful  links and ideas from the WWW as an entry for this particular contest. Anyway... 

Kamlesh Parikarath
Kamlesh Parikarath
from Bangalore
10 years ago

guys, 

any idea how much gift tax they are going to levy on this one ? I had recently won a Samsung Galaxy S4 for the Samsung Galaxy Obsession competition, and they levied 8.5K for it !! :( .. its close to 30%. I hope there is no tax for this one. 

DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Indiblogger pays the tax so that the winner can enjoy the full prize. I think I am right, this was the case before.
Kamlesh Parikarath
from Bangalore
10 years ago

wow, thats impressive! 

Kamlesh Parikarath
Kamlesh Parikarath
from Bangalore
10 years ago

guys, 

any idea how much gift tax they are going to levy on this one ?  I hope there is no tax for this one. 

Murtaza Ali
Murtaza Ali
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Guys, by when can we expect the results? Smile

DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
See the contest page. By 10th June '13.

I think result is to be announced by the 10th July'13. Not 10 June'13?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Hope that such dates are used for a future contest when IB buys a time machine. Tongue out

DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Haha... My bad, indeed. Its July obviously.
KAKOLLU SURESH
KAKOLLU SURESH
from VIJAYAWADA
10 years ago

For me the hardest thing on earth is " WAITING " Cry

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

For a month, forget that you have submitted your post for this contest and you can avoid the long wait. Cool

DS
DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Someone has rightly said, Expectation is the root cause of all unhappiness...
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Soon IndiBlogger will turn into a philosophy forum. TF talked about moh-maya and now you.

Anyway, liked your sentence and it is really true.  Smile

To all contest participants - Don't expect prizes. Keep participating. One day, when you discover that you won something without repeatedly refreshing the contest page, your happiness knows no bounds. Believe me! Cool

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Yeah - all these mundane gifts which Indiblogger gives are perishable like your mortal existense. True gifts can only be found inside yourselves. Renounce all these contests and start looking for those true gifts that are eternal.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I hope that I won't get lost [ again ] in thoughts of life and death. I experienced it for almost a week when I was just 14 years old. Frown

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i think opposite way...enjoy all material gifts as much as you can before u perish and become ghostsLaughing

Yo nandini,  fool has become saint now, and all material is immaterial to him.

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

My Fool N Final take is - Enjoy IndiBlogger Foot in mouth

True Akash, very true,  enjoy the material gifts too.

Pritam Thakur
Pritam Thakur
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Amazing contest ! Could anyone tell the last date to submit ?

DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
The contest was over on 15th June. You missed the bus unfortunately. There is a perfect roadtrip contest that is currently going on. You can check that out.
vasant prabhu
vasant prabhu
from Belgaum
10 years ago

yes this is  a brilliant contest and great prizes .will participate for sure ..

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

contest is over long back...

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ vasant As Nadini said, this contest is closed. Right now, there are two open contests : 1 2 . You can participate in them. Smile

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

'Last' button woke up from its sleep! :))

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

A great relief.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

:)) .

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

VP also woke up very fast to participate in We-Chat contest Sealed

KAKOLLU SURESH
KAKOLLU SURESH
from VIJAYAWADA
10 years ago

Surprised

Saurabh Chawla
Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

awesome theme :) have submitted! waiting rfor the results :)

Nishant Arora
Nishant Arora
from Rudrapur
10 years ago

I just want to ask you people, how will indiblogger announce the winnersa blog post, an email or a phone call

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Winners  will be displayed on the contest page itself ( example ) and all winners will also be sent an e mail.

LockSign in to reply to this thread