Payal Lal would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://payallal.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 32

Please help me with my blog!

Payal Lal
Payal Lal
from New Delhi
12 years ago

hey guys

I started blogging about 6 months ago, and I just want to make sure I am doing it right :)

Please help me with my blog. It would be great if you could review it and give me any suggestions you can think of!

Thanks

Payal

Replies 1 to 6 of 6
Dr. Lawrence Kindo
Dr. Lawrence Kindo
from Shillong
12 years ago

Hi Payal, I just glanced at your blog. Good work so far, but it could be made better by organizing your thoughts and doing some keyword research. To be found on the web, you need to do some background keyword research and see what clicks.

Write more often about things that are commonly searched on google and other search engines. Being found makes it more easier to be appreciated and then only does the blog become interactive.

Write engaging content that interests your readers and not just yourself. It is often easy to get lost in one's world.

My blog www.medicalisland.net was the same like yours, with no direction and no sense of purpose. I started listening to my readers and fans and now I can see the numbers increasing.

All the best and don't lose hope.

Regards,

Dr. Lawrence Kindo

www.medicalisland.net

www.writerkid.com

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago
  • Beautiful site. The color combinations and background go so well with the image you put in your background. Get a matching header image. It'll look very appealing.
  • Witty and humorous content. It's nice when you express yourself somewhere :) No matter what it is. Very interesting blog title too, it can be interpreted atleast in two ways if not more. Thoughtful it is.
  • You can display more than one post on the home page too. Add some widgets like flagcounter and recent posts etc. Perk it up a little.
  • Some generic information about yourself can be given too :) doesnt need to be very personal.
  • Try the categories to put in your sidebar. :) It'll look neater.

• I don't like to disagree with other people on their reviews, but this time I have to :) as far as I can see, you're writing what you love and its coming out fine. You're 17, and just into the blogging world. Write what you love, and read much blogs too. The IndiVine can be a very helpful platform to get some readers and fans. There is a quote in blogsville... "read and be read". True as far as I've seen in my five years around blogging. Writing articles on search terms is good. Very much, but falling to writing something you aren't loving to write just to get some readers is like Paes playing cricket coz its more watched than tennis in India. ;) 
Payal Lal
from New Delhi
12 years ago

Thanks so much Leo for all your help and support. 

I'll work on it! 

Dr. Lawrence Kindo
Dr. Lawrence Kindo
from Shillong
12 years ago

Hi Leo, Nice of you to add to the conversation. On second thoughts, I would like to agree with you that content is King and writing your heart out is what blogging is.

Kudos for lifting the somber mood.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Hey Lawrence, no somberness friend :) That point, it works for you coz your blogging isn't a personal blog. Hence I disagreed with your point of view for Payal's place. 

Payal Lal
from New Delhi
12 years ago

Thanks for your help Lawrence!

Pratik Thorat
Pratik Thorat
from Kalyan
12 years ago

nice content payal,

and a nice try of the template but i will suggest you that use refreshing colours in the template like the background it will look attractive.

use of gadgets is pretty good.

keep blogging,

pratik thorat

Update Yourself

Payal Lal
from New Delhi
12 years ago

thanks pratik! 

I changed the background. What do you think now? Any better?

Ishita
Ishita
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Dear Payal,

You have a beautiful and colorful site.

The content is fresh and it gives a good feeling to check your site.

Mention what your blog is all about.

Ishita Sharma

visit my site - www.investmentbazar.com

Kindly provide a review of my site

Payal Lal
from New Delhi
12 years ago

thanks ishita! 

I went through your website. It's very nice. Interesting and well organized. 

A suggestion from my side would be to add a little section or a box on the home page which tells your readers what's hot. (i.e. what investments are a good idea at the moment, and which ones are not). And maybe little tricks to invesment (when to buy, when to sell).

Pratik Thorat
Pratik Thorat
from Kalyan
12 years ago

Now its looking good but always be in search of images which look good on background cause giving a fresh look will attract more visitors to visit again and again.

Payal Lal
from New Delhi
12 years ago

got it! Wink

thanks again!