Siddharth Ghoshal would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://siddharthghoshal.blogspot.com ] IndiRank: 25

A very new blogger, looking for a review to improve.

Siddharth Ghoshal
Siddharth Ghoshal
from Jaipur
10 years ago

I have always wanted to express my views online, Facebook Statuses doesn't help a lot, so started writing blogs. Puck The World - Yes, The Chickens Said it, to me is a place where I can stand up and make my views known about world issues rather than avoiding them, which unfortunately a lot of the population does. 

Am not a grammer freak, I just like writing my opinions. Innocent

Would like to know about the feel of the blog and if it is really being what I want to potray to the world. 

Thank you. 

Replies 1 to 3 of 3
Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hey Sid... welcome to IB Reviews.. here are my two cents...

• Title and your blogger subdomain do not match - it is important to have these to aligned from a b*****ng as well as SEO prespective. 
  • Though the book background intends to show you are book worm, it does not help. The colors are too bright for my eyes. Try to make it opaque.
  • Its fairly a new blog and hence I would recommend keep writing more often. 
  • Like the writing style, good work and keep it up.
  • Please credit the pictures you use on your blog. Also check if there are any copyright restrictions in using these pictures. Else your blog (and yourself) could be sued. 

I think that would be it. You are going in the right direction, and keep doing the good work. Keep Blogging.

Siddharth Ghoshal
from Jaipur
10 years ago

Thanks a lot Hemal. Your review was very informative and consice. :) I am in process of incorporating specific points which you have talked about. 

I had talked to my lawyer about the use of images from the internet, he assured me that cyber laws allow me to use them as of now. This is true specially about pictures with a copyright symbl which clearly define the ownership. 

Also, I am targeting a single post everyday as of now to go with the schedule. :)

Thanks again. :) 

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Sid - you painstakingly take a picture, you post it on your blog. I come and take it, put it on my blog without telling you or giving you the credits - does that hurt?

Laws and Sueing is not that rampant in India - I used term "Sued" to bringing in emphasis to copyrights. Overseas it works. DMCA in US has now enabled netizens to complain against plagarism. If reported to Google (blogspot belongs to google), they would send you notices to remove the content. Even then if you do not, your blog will be taken down. 

Aseem Trivedi who created the controversial image of parliament had his blog taken down by BigRock. Today the government holds the power to bring down a site based on a complaint. Plagarism is not different. 

At IndiBlogger, a lot of us believe in original work and work against plagarism. If you head over to my blog, some of the posts have credits to the image. The other pictures which I have used, are relased free to the market as "Royalty Free" and/or Creative Commons licence and they do not need to be credited unless using for Commercial Purposes. 

So now if you reflect back to my first sentence in this reply, you should be able to answer better. 

Keep Blogging, Keep original Blogging. 

Siddharth Ghoshal
from Jaipur
10 years ago

Got your point. I'll add a line to assign credits to where it lies. :)

Thanks for the heads up.

Siddharth Ghoshal
from Jaipur
10 years ago

The changes have been done. Would love it, if I can invite you to take a look into it again. :)

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Like the changes.. good job on points I mentioned, except for two.

• Blog Title and Subdomain - your blog title is Puck the World!! and sub domain is http://siddharthghoshal.blogspot.in/ - they do not match. - it is important to have these to aligned from a b-r-a-n-d-ing as well as SEO prespective. 
  • The Picture credits.. Your latest posts too does not give out credits. 
Siddharth Ghoshal
from Jaipur
10 years ago

I understand the B-R-A-N-D-I-N-G prespective Hemal. Laughing

I am more of someone who writes what comes in my mind. Am not really looking to brand the blog or say make a website out of it.

Also, the photo credits part has been assigned at  the end of the blog. As part of the basic layout. 

Shantanu Banerjee
Shantanu Banerjee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thats a great blog you have there, I especially loved the kind of pictures you have used for all your posts. The layout of your blog is also soothing to the eyes, i would however like you to write more often and regularly. by looking at your blog i realized you have just started, keep blogging regularly and don't let your site sleep as i did initially. you can use Indiblogger platform to connect and communicate with fellow bloggers from India. welcome Home i may say!!

Cheers!! keep up the good work!!

Siddharth Ghoshal
from Jaipur
10 years ago

Thanks Shantanu, I intend to keep blogging as regularly as I can. I will keep your points in mind while I go on with it. Thanks again. :) 

Sargunan Ranganathan
Sargunan Ranganathan
from Chennai
10 years ago

Hi Siddharth, 

just happened to c ur blog.  

1. ur post titles appear after the blog title. u can change that to post tilte to blog title.  for guidance u can check this link http://helplogger.blogspot.in/2012/03/how-to-seo-optimize-your-blogger-blog.html
  2. you can also add other comment platforms like facebook comments and disqus which will make commenting more easier.
  3. adding share buttons will increase the post going viral in social media sites
  4. include google analytics for better performance
  5. in home page do not display ur full post. use  read more option in the editor. this will increase the average time on your site. long scrolls will frustrate the user
  6. remove the navigation bar on top
  7. use related post automatically or manually
  8. ur images do not have ALT tags. include them