Express your current "INDIVINE" Experience - Improvements & Shortfalls

Shrinath Vashishtha
Shrinath Vashishtha
from Port Blair
14 years ago

Hi, blogger friends!

I've been quite enticed by this current "Indivine" format, which happens to be an exciting idea. Nevertheless, I feel that there's always room for improvement in this format too. What's your experience been? And what steps do you suggest towards improvement? If you feel satisfied and contented or otherwise, please, share the whys with Us, here...

Edited 14 years ago
Reason: Inscrutable
First 1-20
21-27
Replies 21 to 27 of 27 Ascending
Shrinath Vashishtha
Shrinath Vashishtha
from Port Blair
14 years ago

Well, Bulls eye !!!

Thanks for seconding my dutiful guess, Vipul and also for dropping by and contributing to the topic, pretty constructively, indeed !

I suppose, most of our fellow members, here, are quite content with the current goings on, since we are being made to wait pretty long for further suggestions, here.

Come on, Buddies ! "Ye dil maange more..." !! "Thoda aur wish karo... Suggest karo..." !!! LaughingWink

Shrinath Vashishtha
Shrinath Vashishtha
from Port Blair
14 years ago

Well, thanks for partaking, theishu !

I'm sure, the Indiblogger team would be in a better position to answer that for you, something that I'm awating, too.

I can, at best, surmise that may be it depends upon the frequency of one's participation in promoting others' posts since that's something which instigates reciprocation converting into traffic for one's site... Well, may be !

Looking forward to hearing more from you...

Vipul Grover
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

U r right there shrinath, its vry impotnt 2 participate urslf 2 xpct reslts frm any community platform.

theishu
theishu
from Washington DC
14 years ago

Excellent topic and suggestions too.

I, for one, am unable to provide any suggestions at this point, but I do have some feedback I could share to keep the ball rolling.

I host my blog on wordpress, which provides stats reports and I find that there isn't really much traffic from the indivine postings. Maybe this is a one-off case, but perhaps there are more / other / better experiences than this.

Glad to contribute,

http://theishu.wordpress.com

Shrinath Vashishtha
Shrinath Vashishtha
from Port Blair
14 years ago

Fine, Renie ! So, kudos to you and the Indiblogger team for the knack of understanding the community well ! Smile

I mean, I mean it that you'll truly mean business in taking care of the community and that's what's paying the juicy portal. Good going, indeed !

AND, yes ! "Self Help" would indeed be an optimum selection for the purpose !

Mr. Pramathesh Borkotoky
Mr. Pramathesh Borkotoky
from India
14 years ago

Searching Indivine Posts:

1. Like we have "My posts" we should also have "His/Her Indivine Posts" when we view a particular profile. This will help us to read the most popular post of the user.
  2. And since we give tags to Indivine Posts there should be ways to search Indivine Posts though the tag cloud.
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Yep, the profile pages on IndiVine need to be done up - one of the things coming up very shortly in our to-do list!

Tag clouds will be up soon - actually we were waiting for enough posts, I'm sure we have enough now! Smile

Mr. Pramathesh Borkotoky
from India
14 years ago

Cool!

Shrinath Vashishtha
Shrinath Vashishtha
from Port Blair
14 years ago

And... Finally, I've discovered the Founder of Indiblogger, here. Laughing

Great revelation about the man behind the burgeoning revolution in the Indian blogging scene, Renie! Fabulous to have run into you!!!

And, of course, the suggestion that you've received (or have yourself come out withWink) is promising enough to be applied, as it would help attract more visitors to Indiblogger and the networked blogs, herein, and would thereby register more new bloggers and votes, to boot.

Apart from that, how about adding a couple of missing categories as recently suggested by Vipul Grover? One such category flashing in my mind is - "History" under "Nation & Politics" and "Motivation" under "Business" or "Lifestyles"...

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

You give me and the team too much credit - we just do what the community tells us to do! Smile

Yep, History needs to be added..  should Motivation be changed to "Self Help" to accomodate more topics under the same?

How about changing "crimes against women" under social to "gender issues"?

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Hey Shrinath... good topic!

We got a suggestion that we open up some form of voting to non-bloggers... perhaps we let people vote with guest accounts, but give more value to votes from IndiBloggers?

First 1-20
21-27
LockSign in to reply to this thread