Prem would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://prempoint.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 25

Please review my blog

Prem
Prem
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Please review my blog

Replies 1 to 4 of 4
Ram Prasad
Ram Prasad
from Chicago
15 years ago

Hey there Prem,

Took a quick look and here are a few comments.

You obviously write well and confidently. I don't usually comment on content, only on the formatting and user-friendliness.

1. The name Ipse Dixit is quite literary. It's good of you to include the meaning and the context. (This is a minor quibble, but since Dixit is a fairly well known last name in India, it clashes with that a bit.) Not a big deal, but if others feel the same, you might think of modifying somehow.

2. About Me. Just one word there is really not adequate. About Me is a great opportunity to showcase, and you are not utilizing that.

3. Post length: This is subjective, but I am a fan of shorter posts. Long length works only if your readers are close to you, and expect that from you. If you are writing for the surfing public (notoriously short attention span) you have to go shorter.

4. Some of your links to Wiki articles don't work. Specifically, in your Obama post, FDR and Obama himself lead to an error page. This should be easy to fix.

Good luck,

Ram

Prem
Prem
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Thanks for the review :)

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Hi,

Just 42 posts and you have been blogging since 2005! Need to be more regular my friend.

Ram covered most of it. I would add a few more and a repetition.

1) Include photographs. Need to stop the casual visotor on his/her track.

2) Side bar needs to fill up. Think of all the wasted space. You use blogspot. You should at least have "Followers" (I would be the first) and subscribe buttons.

3) Lengthy posts. I dislike them. Others may like it. Obviously you have a lot to say. Think of making it shorter, if possible. But if that is your sty;e, please continue.

Cheers!

Serendipity

Tariq
Tariq
from Mumbai
15 years ago

I thought your formatting and theme of the blog is very simple yet bold, I really liked it.

I have seen many blogspot blogs which are way too conjusted and confusing, yours is not.

The content is also pretty interesting for me personally.