Lopa Mehta would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://i-try-to-paint.blogspot.com ] IndiRank: 25

Can you pls review my painting blog?

Lopa Mehta
Lopa Mehta
from Netherlands
14 years ago

I love to Paint, and i have been doing it since old good school days. 

I have decided to take my hobby to a new level and pursue it further having more balance is professional and personal life.

I will appreciate your feedback on my Painting work. It will help me with a motivation and right direction to pursue it further.

Thanks.

Lopa

Edited 14 years ago
Reason: No reviews
Replies 1 to 10 of 10
Sanchita
Sanchita
from United Kingdom
14 years ago

Hey Lopa, 

Loved your paintings. Good work.

The only thing I would say is about the background colour of your blog is black and it dominates. Perhaps if you choose a lighter background colour then your paintings are highlighted.

Saw your other blogs as well. They are good too. 

Hope this is helpful. Happy Blogging!

Thanks,

Sanchita.

Lopa Mehta
from Netherlands
14 years ago

Thanks Sanchita for your feedback.

Yes i am receiving mix feedback on my current back ground, i had a lighter back ground earlier but when painting back ground is also light it doesn't promote painting and dampens the effect so i went for darker one so that paintings come out of the frame.

But let's see, i will keep looking for better back grounds. Thanks once again for your feedback :)

- Lopa

Vineet Rajan
Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
14 years ago

1. good template, but since this is more like a portfolio do look at some portfolio blogs. they help you emphasis on your work. Mine is a folio blog. 

2. cant find contact me. Write a post on about me and link it to the top menu. 

3. what is EDIT on top menu

4. social book marking on all posts? 

5. What is SAMPLE TEXT?

6. Avoid Capitals for the blog title. Its an indication of shouting; and attention grabing

6. go low on widgets

7. Pull down the post with a line break in the code. its right below the text with post information. 

8. the bar at the bottom is weirdly placed and will miss the attention. 

9. Copy right info should come down below the website in a single line. Avoid putting it as a sidebar element. 

Hope it helps! 

Vinni

PS: If you found value with my above review, do visit my blog http://vinni.co.in and leave a comment and connect with me by adding me on the indiblogger network. 

Lopa Mehta
Lopa Mehta
from Netherlands
14 years ago

Dear Vineet,

Yes indeed i am searching for portfolio back ground, something which i like and will soon switch to that as soon as i find one i am looking for :)

I never use capital letters, but yes i guess you are talking about bold big fonts, i tries to format and even tried to edit html to downsize fonts, but didn't succeed.

I guess i will change the template itself, soon.

Thanks for your feedback :)

- Lopa

Madhu Sudan
Madhu Sudan
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

hi .. lopa mehta.... really a good work,.... but i dont like the black background mostly for many websites.... rather than that everything else are fine.... my suggestion is that ... if you have a photo gallery view on the right side or any other better place... i think it would be best.... just my suggestion only....

Lopa Mehta
from Netherlands
14 years ago

Thanks Madhu Sudan for your feedback, My next mission is going to be that then, searching for a right back ground template as soon as i have some time on hand.

Thanks for the suggestion, will include photo gallery view as well, i can imagine that it will be lot better than to surf all the pages.

Giri Vijayakumar
Giri Vijayakumar
from Chennai
14 years ago

Lopa, you have great content. I loved all your paintings. Keep up the great work and post some more.

As many have already suggested, your blog can use a better layout. The header is wasting a lot of space which should actually be put to use to grab attention of the reader.

Great concept. I am following your blog now. Good luck.

Lopa Mehta
from Netherlands
14 years ago

Thanks a lot Giri ( is that right to call you? ), those are really encouraging words... yes i think i need to spare some time to re-organise it a bit with a better layout. Will try to do it soon.

Thanks once again for your feedback.

Pushkaraj Apte
Pushkaraj Apte
from Pune
14 years ago

Hi,

First and foremost, I must put into record my envy. Because I CANNOT paint. My use of brush of has been limited to toothbrush and shaving-brush all these years.

So - great work. Keep it up.

On the point of a blog review, I am going to be a little drastic. Your blog template is more suitable for a personal blog, not a picture blog. Why not try and look for a photoblog template ? That might do more justice to your wonderful paitings.

On that note, at 5.30 am, let me go back to my toothbrush now...

Best regards,

Pushkaraj Apte

http://www.express-explore.blogspot.com

Lopa Mehta
from Netherlands
14 years ago

hehehe, i can imagine your blog is going to be the funniest one , let me put that on a list of to be checked out :) will check it out soon :)

You might not be painting but look at the other side  at least you know the best use of brush ;) 

Yes yes yes, with so many comments suggesting similar things which summerises around my layout, i got to change it, and will do soon, as soon as i come across something :)

Thanks a lot for your feedback Pushkaraj :)

Dr Roshan R
Dr Roshan R
from Kannur
14 years ago

I read the above people's opinions and well, I kinda liked the black theme.. I guess its a matter of personal choice.

As regards the blog, well, I thought you have really good talent.. Nice to see the tags based on years gone by - gave a real feeling of watching the artist develop with time ( from SRK onwards .. LOL )

The paintings were damn good.. nice sense of colours.

Keep it up.

P.S. If time permits, do review my blog too.

http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=4403

Lopa Mehta
from Netherlands
14 years ago

hahaha, loved the addition ( from SRK onwards .. LOL ) lol... hehehe

Well i know i would have not put those earlier paintings which appears so immature but what else one can expect from a girl not even 10 ! And because at that age it was a big thing for me and also helped me get so many compliments from friends and teachers, they are somewhat very close to my heart and couldn't skip them :)

But yes it also helps me keep track of my own developments :)

Thanks a lot roshan for your feedback, very encouraging :)

sweta tiwary
sweta tiwary
from bangalore
14 years ago

Hey Lopa,

Liked your paintings, they are very good. Specialy liked "With you,Forever" alot.

I have done seniour diploma in painting too, but some how from the time i started working I lost touch with my painting hobby. But now feeling to paint again Laughing. will share my painting soon on my blog page.

By the way just a suggession, you can explore pen art and madhubani painting too. they are real fun and very beautiful.

Thanks,

Sweta : http://swetatiwary.blogspot.com/

Lopa Mehta
from Netherlands
14 years ago

Wow you have senior diploma in painting? Then paint paint paint :)

I would like to follow, it always helps and always a learning experience going through someone else work :)

Ya i haven't yet tried pen art and madhubani as right now i am more concentrating on learning techniques for oil painting, but sure those are the areas to explore as well.

I will keep check on your blog page then :)

Thanks a lot for your feedback here.

Sneha Sharma
Sneha Sharma
from Mumbai
14 years ago
I loved ur blog!! the paintings and sketchings r gud!! I draw and paint myself and so am happy I met someone with whom I can talk about it ( if you would like to) About your blog, please reduce the widgets , i loved ur header but the background is dampener, i mean either it had to be jet black or other color, the dull black hasa dampening effect on paintings... all the best please keep on painting and posting Sneha, www.ssskb.blogspot.com
Lopa Mehta
from Netherlands
14 years ago

Of Course i would love to... its always nice to interact with like-minded people.

Yes i have taken in consideration all the feedbacks, right now it has been very busy at work, but as soon as i have some spare time first thing i am going to do is search for a right template.

Will visit your blog at soonest. Thanks for your comment :)

sweta tiwary
sweta tiwary
from bangalore
14 years ago

Hey Lopa,

I posted some of my paintings. You can have a look and give your comments.

Thanks,

Sweta

http://swetatiwary.blogspot.com/

Lopa Mehta
from Netherlands
14 years ago

I checked it, and they are lovely... keep posting more, i would love to visit them :)