Anirban Datta-Roy would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://dawgmatix-nothingcomplicated.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 35

Blog review request

All bloggers start logging for themselves, but soon graduates to a point where he seeks public acceptance and opinions. i am no different. would be grateful for a review..

Replies 1 to 5 of 5
sm
sm
from india
15 years ago

your blog has good information to read,

found lot of colours on blog, your pics are very nice, make it intereseting to read.

http://realityviews.blogspot.com/

Hi sm,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review my blog. I appreciate your kind comments.

Rgds,

ADR

Prerana
Prerana
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Hi Anirban,I'm new here and no expert but here(and a new blogger as well) are my observations - Your blog is one of a kind. Your contents are intersting and intriguing. You have a good writing style as well.

Looks like you have done a lot of research for your content. Talking of research, are the fine prints(in different colours) all the papers that you used as references or are they further references for the readers? I'm wondering at the placement of this in the middle of your post. It felt distracting, I would move all that to the end of the post after the article and title it as references or something.

I read your entire post on Finding Maraland. I've never read a paper on Southern Mizoram before! The Paper is lucid and just right without being too monotonous. It is very difficult to write unemotionally about a subject you are so passionate about but you have managed to do that. You have clicked amazing photographs of parts of India that we seldom get to see(I did take a peek at your flickr stream). It would be nice if you could include a few more images in your post(the ones already there are really good), for instance your description of the Palak Lake would have been complimented with a photo of the lake.

Best of all, I liked your optimism at the end of your posts, even the one titled In Memorium. I always love to read posts that have something for me to look ahead at.

The sketches are good, did you sketch the "YETI" yourself?

The labels(on the right) are really useful. Is there anyway to have a popup with the word meaning when someone mouses over the labels? For e.g; Me the layperson is really having trouble understanding what cryptozoology or homo floresiensis really mean.

Btw, why do you have different fonts for different posts? Is that intentional? The Maraland paper is a little too tiny(maybe you should reserve that size for your footnotes/references.I'm sure the sports fans are going to hang me for saying this but why have football and cricket on a blog of this nature? I'm sure you are a sports enthusiast too but if I were you, I'd put it on a different page atleast.

Btw, thanks for blogging and clicking pictures of the India that the rest of the country has no knowledge about. It felt really good to see those parts through your writeups and photos.

Prerana.

Wow! Prerna, dunno how to thank you! I am grateful for your comments and the fact that you took so much time and patience to read so many of the blog entries.

Your comments on the optimism in my posts was probably what meant the most to me. The 'In Memoriam' post is especially dear to me and I am so glad you read it and liked it. I spent a great deal of time in Maraland, and as I mention in one of the comments in the post, it has been one of the best and most fulflling times in my life. I am eagerly looking forward to going back there and hopefully work on my PhD.

I know the different fonts look really odd, but they are unintentional. Usually I'm on the move, posting from places with terrible net speeds and then forget to refine it later. Will look into it soon. The post on the ebu gogo and the different coloured references are actually presented with the purpose of summarising the scientific activity relating to that topic which got published in each year. As I've mentioned in the post, the green references are those which support the possibility of Homo floresiensis being a new species, whicle the orange references disagree. I thought putting them next to each other would show the direction of scientific opinions relating to this topic for each year.

I see that you're from Bangalore. I spent a large part of my life in Bangalore (studied in Josephs Arts and Science). Good to meet a fellow Bangalorean!

Thanks again, and lets be in touch,

Rgds,

ADR

Rohini
Rohini
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Whoa! I just entered you into my feed reader.

I find dark template backgrounds a little hard on the eyes. But anyway I'd recommend you use the same font for all your posts. And maybe use a template that goes with the type of your content rather than use a default one.  You could do a search for free Blogger templates.  And I loved your nom de blog.

Hi Rohini,

Thanks for the review and the comments. You are absolutely right about the fonts being different in different posts. I need to work on them as soon as I can finish with this Slow Loris survey that I am doing in Meghalaya now. The template too needs to be changed a bit I guess if the readers are having problems. Thanks a ton, and do visit again. ..

Cheers,

ADR

Tangerine
Tangerine
from Assam
15 years ago

intersting blog... lots of luvly color (sometimes a bit too much)

all in all a good and informative blog. Would like to visit again.

keep up the good work!

Hi Tangerine,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review my blog and for the kind comments. I'm glad you found the blog colourful (albeit in the literal sense :)). You are probably referring to the orange and green texts - those are specifically colour coded references for scientific papers with divergent views on the issue of whether the Homo floresiensis can be considered a separate species or not!

Thanks again for the comments and the encouragement. Please do visit again.

Rgds,

ADR

Prerana
Prerana
from Bangalore
15 years ago

ADR,

Have you tried windows Live Writer? I used to have the perpetual Font problem(my older posts are still in different fonts - Am yet to get back to that). I now write offline posts with livewriter and then use live writer itself to publish the posts when I have net connection. Works very well when I'm vacationing with parents.

Good Luck with the PhD. Good to meet a fellow B'lorean too.

Keep posting,

P